Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Response from infinitron

agentorange

Arcane
Patron
rpghq (cant read codex pms cuz of fag 2fa)
Codex 2012
Is it asking too much for even a brief explanation as to the reasoning behind the recent mergings. I don't think that every individual thread merger needs to be explained, but when something as substantial as the merging of every general gaming forum takes place then, if not an announcement before the fact, an explanation after the fact would be appreciated. I would still be against the mergings, but at least they wouldn't come off as a spur of the moment decisions made simply to rile people up.

The only rationale I can see is that infinitron seems to think that any forum with less than some arbitrary threshold of views or posts a day should be merged as to be "more visible." But doesn't this go against the spirit of this site? The codex respects niche interests, games without broad appeal, and I would assume that most people on this forum prefer a tightly nit, smaller community to a larger, mainstream alternative. If going by posts and views then the various popamole Bioware and Bethesda megathreads would be the highest quality content on this site, but are those really the standards by which we want to judge all other forums and threads? Let the smaller forums exist as they were, rather than artificially trying to drum up posts in them by spreading them thinly throughout the larger, more general forums.

As it is, it comes off as if infinitron thinks himself so above everyone else on this site that he doesn't need to bother taking precious time away from spamming posts in various politics threads to make even a passing response. And if infinitron is so divorced from the rest of the community on this forum then why the fuck is he in charge of what happens to the forum?

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
I have written a long and well thought-out post regarding general gaming and the blatant DELETION and ABUSE that this site administration has PERSONALLY imposed on ME and my RACE and my CREED and I will NOT STAND FOR THIS.

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
I have written a long and well thought-out post regarding general gaming and the blatant DELETION and ABUSE that this site administration has PERSONALLY imposed on ME and my RACE and my CREED and I will NOT STAND FOR THIS.
NIGGER

ColonelTeacup

Liturgist
You sound like a man of conviction crispy.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom