Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Resurrected my ass ! First glide wrapper for Diablo 2 with TRUE unlocked fps is here !!

jaydee2k

Savant
hey neckbeards,

this is insane ! best glide wrapper there ever was came out of nowhere.

https://github.com/bolrog/d2dx

D2DX is a Glide-wrapper and mod that makes the classic Diablo II/LoD run well on modern PCs, while honoring the original look and feel of the game. Play in a window or in fullscreen, glitch-free, with or without enhancements like widescreen, true high framerate and anti-aliasing.

Spoiler alert : It is fucking amazing! Seeing good ol Diablo 2 for the first time with 100 + fps cures every need for a remaster.
You can see so many little details now crystal clear that I didn't even knew that they were there.

Kudos to bolrog the creator of this awesome wrapper.

jaydee2k

Savant
You're welcome. Takes Diablo really to another level. Flew under the radar a little bit for how big these changes really are...

Furthermore Resurrected can go to hell now which is a good thing. These cucks at Blizzard South shitted on the game even back in the days during developement. If Blizzard North were allowed to do the cinametics by themselfes we would have seen demons raping rogues to corrupt them in the opening cinematic.

Source "Stay awhile and listen part 2" - David L. Craddock

Thanks for nothing Mike Morhaime...

Last edited:

jaydee2k

Savant
Yeah but its damn close. Not really noticeable. See by yourself...

Gregz

Arcane
Features
  • Turns the game into a well behaved DirectX 11 title on Windows 10 (also 7, 8 and 8.1).
  • High quality scaling to fit modern screen sizes, including widescreen aspect ratios.
  • High FPS mod using motion prediction, bypassing the internal 25 fps limit. Play at 60 fps and higher! (video)
  • Anti-aliasing of specific jagged edges in the game (sprites, walls, some floors).
  • Seamless windowed/fullscreen switching with (ALT-Enter).
  • Improved fullscreen: instant ALT-TAB and low latency.
  • Improved windowed mode.
  • Proper gamma/contrast.
  • Fixes a few window-related glitches in Diablo II itself.
:bravo:

jaydee2k

Savant
Is there any way to run the game at higher resolutions currently e.g. 1440p

Yeah all you have to do is type a custom resolution into the ini under

[game]
size=[1152,648] # if [-1,-1] d2dx will decide a suitable game size, otherwise will use the size given here

- Best resolution for 1440p - It's close to 800x600

When resolution gets to bis everything gets super small ingame...

tritosine2k

Erudite

yeah maybe that's why you get a .gif and not a video because it looks like sliding cardboards , while resurrected has true unlock..
BTW theres no single optimal setting for motion prediction , it has to be done per sprite...

jaydee2k

Savant

yeah maybe that's why you get a .gif and not a video because it looks like sliding cardboards , while resurrected has true unlock..
BTW theres no single optimal setting for motion prediction , it has to be done per sprite...

The author of the wrapper does it per sprite... Just test it instead of shitting in this thread.
There are no sliding cardboards...

Resurrected has no unlock for 2d mode by the way.

Last edited:

Nifft Batuff

Prophet
What's the advantage of fps uncap? In 3D it makes sense because you can usually interpolate the movement. But in 2D sprites you can't interpolate between frames. Or you can?

tritosine2k

Erudite
What's the advantage of fps uncap? In 3D it makes sense because you can usually interpolate the movement. But in 2D sprites you can't interpolate between frames. Or you can?

You only want uncap , not interpolation. Uncap gives motion parallax without distortion. Interpolation will blend sprites with terrain because it's not respecting transparency or boundaries.
Apparently OP is "high" .

jaydee2k

Savant

You only want uncap , not interpolation. Uncap gives motion parallax without distortion. Interpolation will blend sprites with terrain because it's not respecting transparency or boundaries.
Apparently OP is "high" .

Just buy yourself Resurrected with all those shemales hacked in and be happy but please stop shitposting here or inform yourself how this wrapper works. You're lost man.

He tweaks motion prediction for every single tile, sprite or missile. And if you're not a fan of smooth motion you could simply turn it off and it's still the best glide wrapper around for Diablo 2.

Rean

Head Codexian Weeb
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Just buy yourself Resurrected with all those shemales hacked in and be happy but please stop shitposting here or inform yourself how this wrapper works. You're lost man.

One of the best posts here.

Atlantico

unida e indivisible
Patron
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Vatnik In My Safe Space
Make the Codex Great Again!
I... might be a dum dum, but for the life of me I can't find the necessary dll to download.

It took me at least 5-6 minutes to find the link myself.

mHrkRrb.png

It's in the right column, above "Contributors" and under "Releases".

Github is definitely designed by people on the spectrum. Sourceforge is not much better, though they tend to have a big green "download" button at the top of the summary page.

DonGabo

Novice
It took me at least 5-6 minutes to find the link myself.

It's in the right column, above "Contributors" and under "Releases".

Github is definitely designed by people on the spectrum. Sourceforge is not much better, though they tend to have a big green "download" button at the top of the summary page.

This is after the github redesign too.

https://github.blog/changelog/2020-06-23-design-updates-to-repositories-and-github-ui/
https://tonsky.me/blog/github-redesign/

:prosper:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom