Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Return To Monkey Island - MI2 sequel from Ron Gilbert

It's an utter understatement to call this abomination "shit". It's a complete disgrace. It's not as if its "graphical style" is original or anything, it's just plain ass ugly. Everything in this trailer looks as if it's right out of the mind of a lunatic (google for "Art Brut" to know what I mean). What the hell is going on in the sick minds of these decrepid old designers? Where is the feeling of light-hearted adventuring in the bright and beautiful caribbean landscape here?

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
4e15f74161e36fb9c058c15df6566e4c94096f7f.jpeg

Couldn't resist, lol!

He will not look like that tho....this one is from 2009

Lol, he does look like that tho.

Ibn Sina

Arbiter
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Globohomo art. Fuck Gilbert. I am glad they took the game away from him for Curse, which has the best artstyle and aged really well.

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
lmao the two threads on /v/ after it appeared in the nintendo third party showcase are pretty much the same as here, the art style is shit and looks ugly, hard to differentiate between foreground and background, etc. it seems the only people who like the art style are ron gilbert, the artist and their sycophants.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
lmao the two threads on /v/ after it appeared in the nintendo third party showcase are pretty much the same as here, the art style is shit and looks ugly, hard to differentiate between foreground and background, etc. it seems the only people who like the art style are ron gilbert, the artist and their sycophants.
I heard about today's update to the game via Indie Retro News and even there people are commenting to point out how horrible it looks.

negator2vc

Scholar
Seriously people are expecting that this crappy "flash" game will actually have puzzles?!!!!
Even Ron himself said in his blog that the game is for modern audience and we know how much modern audience hate puzzles.

Also why did the trailer reminded me the Kenobi tv series (especially with the strong black "woman" - at least I think it's was a woman).
I am really starting to think that Guybrush will be the protagonist in name only

But I am curious if they have the combat mechanics from previous games since some
of the combat lines will probably offend modern babies.

Luka-boy

Arcane
Well, the good news is that not everything looked terrible in that trailer.

The bad news is that almost everything looked terrible in that trailer.

Why.
:negative:

Ivan

Arcane
Geez I didn't need to know this game was being made. That looks ugly af. Compare this to the recent-ish and very good The Journey Down:

MV5BMjM0MmJjZDUtNDQ1ZS00OGU2LWFlMzItOWJlOGU4MTY4NzgzXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTExNzkxOQ@@._V1_.jpg

ss_69387e792848b60635aa754861a58990177d7f21.1920x1080.jpg

jd3inline7.jpg

inlinescreen3.jpg

jd2screen5-2.jpg

One of the best adventure games of the decade. Full of soul. And yet the Monkey Island guy shows up with this eyesore.
OK, is there a reason I've never heard about these games? Are they overrated? What's going on here?
:what:
Journey Down trilogy very much recommended.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom