Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

New Alternative Balancing, the supreme experience for Gothic 2 NOTR, Now more easy.

Aholf Ditler

Novice
DEPRECATED!!
I was surprised that doing a search has not found anything about this wonderful mod, which makes Gothic 2 become the ultimate gaming experience.
The modification alternative balancing is currently quite active and has many updates, adds to the already best-looking Returning campaign, new mapping taken from the other mod L'hiver, many more missions a lot of content in the form of interface improvement, new added to the interface, new Npcs, new missions, new armors, new zones.
You can download it from here, where there are translations for German and English from Russian that come out at the same time as the original Russian updates.
https://forum.worldofplayers.de/for...ancing-Installation-Stand-Fragen-Antworten-28
The voices are all in Russian but the game is subtitled in english/german, it is ironic that from Russia comes what most makes me enjoy lately
And there are some captures

Now the install is more simple...
> Install a new Gothic 2 Night of the Raven
> Dowload this one; https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1l-q9OPyY_cnwg9U5XYPCfVS2AC7QezFA install it
> Download this one https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1ksSW-gvna6huStKwwX3nToebwQGY1AlX copy it to the Gothic 2 Folder
> Download this one https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1d8xWVEiTio2hATU3KDKq8tVFRB0gFCGi?usp=sharing copy it to Gothic 2 folder,
> Delete the file zModelProtoExtender.vdf in Data folder
Finish... Enjoy it!! a lot of improvements in this version

Last edited:

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
I have not _EVER_ played a rebalancing mod that felt satisfying past the first hours. The only one I am willing to give the benefit of the doubt next time I play the game is GMDX.

Deleted Member 16721

Why does it need to be rebalanced? The balance in the base game and expansion were perfect. I botched my character and ended up still beating the game by spamming high level spells at the end of the game. Just had to carry a lot of potions.

Aholf Ditler

Novice
Why does it need to be rebalanced? The balance in the base game and expansion were perfect. I botched my character and ended up still beating the game by spamming high level spells at the end of the game. Just had to carry a lot of potions.
The Rebalance is for the Mod Returning 2.0 that is very difficult and add a lot of content very interesting for the game Base+ Expansion.

Jarmaro

Liturgist
The Returning is a sacrilege made by some russians, who think that stealing other games' content and assets and mixing it in the most disgusting way possible is something to be proud of.
This "modification" is a pile of garbage no one should even look at.

Aholf Ditler

Novice
The Returning is a sacrilege made by some russians, who think that stealing other games' content and assets and mixing it in the most disgusting way possible is something to be proud of.

Can you explain what you say in more detail?
Im trying the rebalance mod + Returning 2.0 and I'm liking it a lot, I've previously finished gothic 2 + night of the raven three times

Mitko

Barely Literate
can you help me to run after i start a new game it loads almoust till the end and than acess violation pop up saying something about AST.dll

Gorn

Novice
I can vouch for G2 + Returning. I've not played AB yet but from the patchnotes it looks like a bigger improvement still.

Im trying the rebalance mod + Returning 2.0 and I'm liking it a lot, I've previously finished gothic 2 + night of the raven three times

Just play it my man, it's been a great experience for me up until the temple in Chapter 6 (got sick of combat by then).

Murk

Arcane
I tried it out a few months ago and the godawful translation was just too much for me to bear. I also disliked some of the fundamental changes they made to the game mechanics (combat animations, etc.).

If the translation gets fixed I'd be tempted to try again, but otherwise -- pass.

Mitko

Barely Literate
I can vouch for G2 + Returning. I've not played AB yet but from the patchnotes it looks like a bigger improvement still.

Just play it my man, it's been a great experience for me up until the temple in Chapter 6 (got sick of combat by then).
https://ibb.co/yXYPQdV u can see it here

Aholf Ditler

Novice

No its finished also, we need to wait some time for get the final version, the developers have put a date of 2020 or 2021.

deama

Prophet
The sentence structure in the dialogues was so fcked up in the English version that I could never read them in time. Hardly any words were at the right place. Even with the "translation", you can only guess what people say, and follow online guides...

Since dialogue was amongst the most important things for me in Gothic (basically I learned English from this game as a child), I couldn't overlook this.

That was the reason why I uninstalled it. Amongst other things, but mainly the "translation".
He didn't say why. It was Sinitar Gaming on youtube, if you're interested. My guess would be the usual reason, there aren't enough English-speaking people who are interested.

I don't think [the devs] are specifically against the idea.

I find it very weird though, that they had the capacity to voice act thousands of lines of dialogue and create entire new maps and mechanics that are several times the size of the original game, yet they can't find someone in all of Russia to accurately translate some text to English?

I don't think they care about English-speaking fans. Can't blame them much.

https://www.reddit.com/r/worldofgothic/comments/9bkkvk/gothic_2_returning_translation_any_good/

Ehh, apparentely the translation sucks donkey balls and the devs don't care that it sucks?

Metallo

Novice
I played Gothic Returning 2.0 without Alternative Balance two years ago and yes it's really hard.
The translation is shit and there are a lot of words in russian language not even translated. It's just a copy paste in Google Translate, so you often need to interpret the sentences. I admit that the journal saved my a lot of time...
Russian modders added a lot of gameplay feature such crafting every kind of gear, from arrows and bows to armor set and their upgrade, looting materials in caves and woods in a kind of survival game style. They added a few secondary guild (the assassins and the hunters) and three new faction (Water Mages, Necromancers and Swamp Sect) wich play a role in the main quest just like paladins, mercenaries and fire mage were in the original Gothic 2.
There are a lot of new added secondary quest and NPCs. I think the population is more than the double of the original game and the added NPCs are almost always related to a quest.
There are new dungeon, houses, roads. They modified almost every gameplay mechanics like teleporter stone, alchemy, crafting in a more complex but good way.

A lot of 3D models and textures added in the game are made by exctracting them from games like Gothic, Gothic3, Oblivion and Skyrim. I don't know how they do it but the final result is not bad. Altough I don't know if it's legal...
If you are a veteran in Gothic series I think you can enjoy this mod... of course the original Gothic 2 NOTR is a real pearl of a game and don't need to be modified but this mod could be a different way to re-play it.
I played this mod first time without AB and I was going to fight the dragons in the valley then I left it, don't remeber why...
The second time was with AB and the game was more easy but I left it again during a new quest in Jharkendar with a neutral dragon who told me a loooot of things without understanding anything.

deama

Prophet
Damn, I really wanna play it but I wanna play it with a good translation; maybe one day some decent russian>english translator will do it, I can wait.

Aholf Ditler

Novice
Damn, I really wanna play it but I wanna play it with a good translation; maybe one day some decent russian>english translator will do it, I can wait.
I think that when the mod is completely finished, a good translation will be made.

Metallo

Novice
I think that when the mod is completely finished, a good translation will be made.
Wait. The mod is not finished yet?
I heard about a mod called Gotha, if i remember correct, that is a kind of Returning 3.0. Do you have know anything about it?
Sadly all the information about those mods are in russian language.
Same for the mod called History of Khorinis. A polish community of modder are working on it but there are really poor information in english language.
The last news I read about it was that the team split in two and now there are two different project.

passerby

Arcane
Would look quiet nice, if not for chromatic aberration, the fuck is wrong with gamers and their love for retarded postprocessing effects.

Aholf Ditler

Novice
Wait. The mod is not finished yet?
I heard about a mod called Gotha, if i remember correct, that is a kind of Returning 3.0. Do you have know anything about it?
Sadly all the information about those mods are in russian language.
Same for the mod called History of Khorinis. A polish community of modder are working on it but there are really poor information in english language.
The last news I read about it was that the team split in two and now there are two different project.

Returning 2.0 is finished, im talking about "alternative balancing"

Would look quiet nice, if not for chromatic aberration, the fuck is wrong with gamers and their love for retarded postprocessing effects.

Im using only a filters for fix jaggies in the farest flora.

passerby

Arcane
There is pretty heavy chromatic aberration on these screenshots, everything is blurry as fuck, it's the most visible on fonts that have blurry red outline on the left side and blurry blue one on the right side.
Out of all postprocessing garbage, I hate chromatic aberration the most, long exposure to this vile, pointless effect makes my eyes tear up.

What blows my mind the most are gamedevs that see such screenshots and suddenly feel the need to destroy graphics in their new game too. Fresh example: Cyberpunk 2077, at least it's less intense there, but still unnecessary.
Some idiot was inspired by low quality VHS tapes from the 80s and decided it will fit thematically I guess, hence the art style "enchancement".

Last edited:

Metallo

Novice
What blows my mind the most are gamedevs that see such screenshots and suddenly feel the need to destroy graphics in their new game too. Fresh example: Cyberpunk 2077, at least it's less intense there, but still unnecessary.
Some idiot was inspired by low quality VHS tapes from the 80s and decided it will fit thematically I guess, hence the art style "enchancement".

Ehm... Why are you comparing screenshots from an amateur made mod of a game released in 2002 with Cyberpunk 2077?

passerby

Arcane
Ehm... Why are you comparing screenshots from an amateur made mod of a game released in 2002 with Cyberpunk 2077?
In both cases it's pontless and bad. The current crop of bad postprocessing in modern AAA games seems to mimmic popular shitty ENB pressets for old games.

Aholf Ditler

Novice
There is pretty heavy chromatic aberration on these screenshots, everything is blurry as fuck, it's the most visible on fonts that have blurry red outline on the left side and blurry blue one on the right side.
Out of all postprocessing garbage, I hate chromatic aberration the most, long exposure to this vile, pointless effect makes my eyes tear up.

Why many people always criticize and complain about everything?. There will be good configurations of shaders and bad as with everything and there are tastes for everyone.

Metro 2044 Vanilla:

Metro 2044 + Reshade that i config for me

passerby

Arcane
I'm curious about the mindset... more contrast and saturation I can understand, also depends on quality of your display, but could you explain what is so attractive about chromatic aberration that makes it must have for you ?

Duraframe300

Arcane
Reshade looks terrible in 90% of all instances. Those screenshots included.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom