Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Riddick - Dark Athena

Thrasher

Erudite
True. Although I really can't imagine rebuying it for 3/4 hours of goodness.

For first-timers it may be worth it, but since the developer's cut is dirt cheap, I doubt it.

pkt-zer0

Scholar
Supposedly the game comes with 3 activations, no revokes.

<3 DRM

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
pkt-zer0 said:
Supposedly the game comes with 3 activations, no revokes.

<3 DRM

yup. here is the link:

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/news/2009 ... -limit.ars

PC Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena has three-install limit

The latest game to feature overbearing DRM? Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena. You get three installs on different machines, and after that you have to call and hope they think your reasons for needing another one are good.

Nicolai

DUMBFUCK
Picked it up last week, pretty solid stuff, though the multiplayer sucks (no big surprise).

Started on both campaigns, and the first one is definitely superior. Played it on the Xbox back when it first came out, but I've already forgotten a lot of it, so it's a pretty fresh experience.

There seems to be too much gunplay and too little sneaking in Dark Athena, but I just got to a new planet and lost all my guns, so maybe there's more melee action up ahead.

One thing that's kinda neat is how most of the boss fights so far have focused on melee combat. But agreeing to stick to melee with that negro rapist you release from the cells and then just whipping out a shotgun was hilarious.

Some review I read said it's good for people that didn't play the first one. Getting both would be like buying both versions of a pokemon game.

Tried the demo. There's not much room for stealth. The enemies don't come to get you if you stay still while hidden ( kinda realistic, they don't want their necks broken ), so you have to shuffle around or shoot to attract their attention, but then they swarm you.

One guard was being stubborn so I tried to make him angry. He comes running at me and stops right as his back is turned to me. Not sure if that was supposed to happen or if I'm just lucky.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom