Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Rift / Vive / VR General

Venser

Magister
The official Sony PSVR2 to PC adapter:

Last edited:

Riel

Arcane
Lately I've been playing quite a bit this game:

It has pretty good physics, and it's a mild workout. You need quite a bit of space though, close to 3x3 meters but the fact that you are actually doing the walking makes it feel very natural and so far I've found bots to be pretty interesting. I also played a few MP games, but to be honest I don't quite like playing against random dudes, some of them small children and all sorts of annoying.

Of course if you have stand alone VR goggles like PICO/QUEST you are better off buying it directly from the system shop, no need of a PC for this game and it's just an added hassle.

Jack Of Owls

Arcane
Lately I've been playing quite a bit this game:

You need quite a bit of space though, close to 3x3 meters but the fact that you are actually doing the walking makes it feel very natural and so far I've found bots to be pretty interesting.

This is the one thing that keeps me from realizing the real fun of VR - space. I just don't have enough of it but I hope to move out of this small studio apt into a larger one (or even a house) soon.

Venser

Magister

Quest 3 S has fresnel lenses instead of standard Quest 3 pancake lenses, so a bigger form factor and lesser clarity (uses same type of lenses as Quest 2). Also like Quest 2, it has 3 IPD presets instead of full IPD wheel of Quest 3. The resolution is slightly lower it and lacks a headphone jack. Power wise, it uses the same chip as Quest 3 and has the same mixed reality capabilities.

Comes bundled with the new Batman: Arkham Shadow game.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom