Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

RIPOUT - co-op horror FPS - now available on Early Access

Monk

Arcane
https://ripoutgame.com

Use your living Pet Gun as a deadly blaster to destroy your enemies or unleash it in its Pet form and let it feast on their severed parts.

Pre-alpha gameplay:

Last edited by a moderator:

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Online Coop ––> Into the trash it goes
Infinitrons Touch of Death doesn't help

Jvegi

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Could you provide any info yourselves? What the fuck is this scripted bullshit? How is this thread any different from a random yt trailer recommendation so far?

What good are you? Is Infinitron even alive anymore?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Ripout is an online Co-Op horror FPS that will have players fight their way through procedurally generated derelict ships filled with mutants capable of reconfiguring their alien bodies. Survive with your trusty Pet Gun companion, collect loot, and customize your character to fit your playstyle.

And at Realms Deep 2023, we're pleased to announce our Early Access Release Date of Oct 24th, 2023.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I want to be interested but I read that this is a "flashlight battery management game" as a primary pillar, which I have never seen done in a way that isn't a drag.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
Could you provide any info yourselves? What the fuck is this scripted bullshit? How is this thread any different from a random yt trailer recommendation so far?

What good are you? Infinitron

Ironically enough he used to scold others for the same thing. I guess bonus info comes only when shilling

Production standard looks respectful but I have no idea what this game is about

Halfling Rodeo

Educated
This is a nice thread..

Ripout is a coop space shooter where you slowly explore random space ships. It's pretty slow paced and the atmosphere is stellar. Shits look like a chaos invasion from Warhammer and there's lots of weird and creepy monster designs. The game is built around your pet gun, where your primary weapon has a face hugger in it. The face hugger can hijack other critters and turn them into equipment like a shoulder cannon or a shield. While your pet is out your primary gun can't be used and you're stuck with your side arm. Pets also do huge damage to enemies when you launch them at them. That's about the gist of it.

Ideas solid but it's a bit slow right now and needs more polish like a lot of EA games do. I would recommend it for cheap in a sale and you can have fun with friends but it's rough around the edges and needs 6-12 months to be a solid recommend.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Ay Halfling Rodeo, how is the flashlight in RIPOUT? I read in early days that it was awful and you spent most of the time simply unable to see the game. In general battery management is a trash mechanic I wish to never see again, but I like horror games otherwise so I'm curious if you have thoughts.

Halfling Rodeo

Educated
Ay Halfling Rodeo, how is the flashlight in RIPOUT? I read in early days that it was awful and you spent most of the time simply unable to see the game. In general battery management is a trash mechanic I wish to never see again, but I like horror games otherwise so I'm curious if you have thoughts.
I never had an issue and my TV is dark as a nigger's asshole. I know the devs have received feedback on it and planned a rework, not sure if it's in the latest patch or not.

antimeridian

Learned
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
I played at launch and didn't actually need the flashlight that often. This was without touching the game brightness, and with my monitor brightness at around half since that's where I keep it. I game in a dark room though, so ymmv depending on your setup.

The game itself is fine but repetitive and I'm not sure the devs will flesh it out enough to make it fun for more than a couple hours. But I should probably check it out again after the update that just came out.

Halfling Rodeo

Educated
I played at launch and didn't actually need the flashlight that often. This was without touching the game brightness, and with my monitor brightness at around half since that's where I keep it. I game in a dark room though, so ymmv depending on your setup.

The game itself is fine but repetitive and I'm not sure the devs will flesh it out enough to make it fun for more than a couple hours. But I should probably check it out again after the update that just came out.
We're in the same boat I think. I really like the idea but it's lacking in depth right now. Enemies are damage sponges who barely react to you shooting them. I put a few hours in and it didn't work out for me. But I'm looking forward to doing it coop in the future. Good "with the lads" game rather than solo or randoms.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom