Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Risen 1 vs Gothic, the eternal debate

JDR13

Arcane
I don't recall ever being a debate about which one of those two are better. I thought it was obvious that G1 is superior.

It is. Gothic 1&2 are easily the best PB games overall, and it's not really close. I think it's absurd that anyone would even try to argue otherwise.

Paul_cz

Arcane
I did enjoy Risen 1 most of the post-gothic PB games, but yeah there is nothing eternal about this debate, Gothic 1 and 2 are superior and that is that.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Well, Risen does have a better (action/skill based) archery system. Yeah, rpg hitscan coinflip archery can go die on a fire.

Jarmaro

Liturgist
I think we must agree on one thing in the first place, can we judge gothic over being old? Beceause such things as manual aiming is rather post-gothic games' style.
If Gothic was released in year Risen was, it would have aiming, no question.

mbv123

Arbiter
This thread made me realize why I dropped Gothic 1 during Chapter 4.
All the faction intrigue and exploration and side quests were gone and it was just repetitive dungeon crawling killing monsters.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I love al Piranha Bytes games especially Gothic 3(Yeah i know the shit but nostalgia).But all of their games become boring at the end because you have explored everything.First and foremost they are exploration games.When you see a big hole in far away mountain.Then you go there,stick your head inside and get slaughterd by some op monster,5 hours later you come back and kill it.

Outlander

Custom Tags Are For Fags.
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
When you see a big hole in far away mountain.Then you go there,stick your head inside and get slaughterd by some op monster,5 hours later you come back and kill it.

Such a great and basic concept, and yet devs completely ruin it with retarded level scaling.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom