Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Game News Risen 2 forum activity

Discussion in 'News & Content Feedback' started by VentilatorOfDoom, Aug 1, 2012.

1. VentilatorOfDoom RPG Codex Staff

VentilatorOfDoom
    Tags: Piranha Bytes; Risen 2: Dark Waters

made informs us that there's an interesting Q&A thread on the World of Players Risen 2 forum with the new Deep Silver community manager that goes into detail about DLC, DRM, and why not every company can be as awesome as CD Projekt:
    Good ol' CD Projekt. It brings a tear to my eye.
    My heart is in Poland,
    My heart is not here
    My heart is in Poland
    a-chasing the deer
    a-chasing the wild deer
    and following the roe
    My heart is in Poland wherever I go.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  2. DarkUnderlord Professional Throne Sitter

DarkUnderlord
    So basically not everyone fucks shit up the first time - so much it warrants a complete overhaul - like CD Projekt do. :smug:

^ Top  
  3. Darth Roxor Prestigious Gentleman Wielder of the Huegpenis

Darth Roxor
    Another argument against consoles

Also, just how friggin shameless can you get? You plaster in disc-locked content, then tell people they can unlock it for 10 dorra after a month, and then tell them again that LOL IT WOULD BE FREE TO UNLOCK AFTER A MONTH IF NOT FOR EVIL MICROSOFT, HONEST.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  4. raw DEUS VULT Patron

raw
    PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015

[​IMG] [​IMG]

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. Gondolin Arcane

Gondolin
    Fixed.

^ Top  
  6. CreamyBlood Arcane

CreamyBlood
    Bullshitz and Liez.

I made my opinion clear before about their DLC bullshit and he's defending it. I, as a PB fan-boy wanted to buy the full game day one but couldn't. Link on official page still goes into recursive butt-fuck mode to this day if you want to buy it from my region after telling them about it twice. The link on steam at the time didn't give me the 'day-one DLC'.

Plus, the guy now in charge of PB shows that he probably hasn't talked to them, doesn't know anything about Gothic plus he is a massive Witcher fan. Double whammy. I think PB killed themselves with Risen 2, such a pity, G3 was definite decline, even with the patches it was as boring as Oblivion. Risen 1 went upwards and then they decided to shoot themselves in the head with Risen 2. Not sure why it's so hard to make another G2.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. mbpopolano24 Arbiter

mbpopolano24
    I don't understand either. I loved both G2 and Risen, what the heck is going on in this people's heads? It must be the inevitable .... :decline:

^ Top  
  8. Aeschylus Prestigious Gentleman Swindler Patron

Aeschylus
    Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
    Probably a combination of some of the talented people moving on, demands from publishers to follow certain gameplay tropes, and a wrongheaded desire to follow the trends of mainstream gaming at the expense of quality and integrity.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. Edwin Scholar

Edwin
    :notsureifserious:

PB>CDP

gothic 1+2+3+risen 1+2 vs. twitcher 1+2

the DRM free version of CDP is just a marketing tactic nothing more,they didnt do it out of the goodness of their hearts(remember the pay up or else schemes in germany? :D),they made additional $$$$ with it,PB doesnt have the luxury to do such a thing because they dont own a game distribution service like CDP(that said day 1 DLCs are retarded,especially if you are unable to purchase the game in 1 piece,that was a serious fuck up)

^ Top  
  10. Edwin Scholar

Edwin
    I hope that PB will stay alive,its 1 of the few dev. houses I still care about

^ Top  
  11. Jaesun Fabulous Moderator

Jaesun
    Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
    I hope that PB will finally finish the shit console games contract it keeps making with publishers and will finally do a Kickstarter project with the Gothic Licence on a PC only format.

^ Top  
  12. Micmu Magister

Micmu
    And console on they will.
    PB is dead already, it just didn't hit the floor yet.

^ Top  
  13. Aeschylus Prestigious Gentleman Swindler Patron

Aeschylus
    Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
    I'm not sure if you were talking to me or not, but I agree. Wholeheartedly.

I would never in a million years argue that The Witcher 1+2 combined are better than Gothic 2 on its own. But Risen 2 was not nearly as good as their previous efforts, and I do recall hearing that certain core members of PB from the early days are no longer there.

The only issue I think they would have there is that creating a game of the scope of G1 or 2 would cost a lot more money than they're likely to make from a Kickstarter. That said, I'd love to see them escape the console gaming yoke.

^ Top  
  14. Black_Willow Arcane

Black_Willow
    Shame that even a complete overhaul can't save Risen 2, just like it couldn't save Gothic 3.

^ Top  
  15. Metro Arcane Beg Auditor

Metro
    CD Projekt uses customer service to disguise how mediocre their games are... of course Risen 2 is pretty awful so comparing almost anything to it will make the other game look exceptional.

^ Top  
  16. made Arcane

made
    xD

^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.