Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Risen 2 Release Date Announced

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Piranha Bytes; Risen 2: Dark Waters

The release date for Piranha Bytes' upcoming cRPG Risen 2: Dark Waters has been officially announced. It is April 27th for the PC, with the console releases coming on May 22nd in North America and May 25th in Europe.

Risen 2: Dark Waters will be available on April 27, 2012 for Windows PC, on May 22, 2012 in the USA and Canada and on May 25, 2012 in European countries for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and PlayStation®3.

Risen 2: Dark Waters will be available via digital distribution for PC, and for both PC and consoles as a retail version, as well as a Collector’s Edition in certain territories.

Additionally, here's an interview on IncGamers.

IG: Risen 2 does away with a mini-map and the Fable-style in-game line telling you where to go. That’s a different approach from the one most RPGs of this type are now taking, are you worried that some players may find the going tough? Or is that aimed squarely at hardened RPG players?

PB: The game is definitely a hardcore RPG and is very classical in nature, but we have introduced some devices to make navigation slightly easier. We save all the dialogue for you to go back and look and see whether or not an NPC told you to go somewhere that you didn’t pick up on.

You can also put points on your map for certain missions to make it easier for you to navigate. We didn’t want to overcrowd the HUD with looks of mini-maps etc, it was very much a case of making immersion as strong as possible. There’s also an option to fast travel to previously visited locations.

I don’t think players will have too much trouble in adapting to the game, though. Once you start playing you’ll very quickly pick up on how the world works and how everything fits together.

Murk

Arcane
^ What makes you think that's not what they mean? Or that they aren't talking about the "ship"? Or any other possible interpretation of fast-travel that isn't like Fallout 1 or 2 Elder Scrolls?

Murk

Arcane
... are you proud of that sentence? Are you happy with what you've given to the world?

Aeschylus

Swindler
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
I'm actually looking forward to this. Risen was a bit of a buggy mess at times, but it was still a hell of a lot better than most games released these days. I'm willing to give PB the benefit of the doubt until they truly screw up a game (the rushed G3 not-withstanding).

Self-Ejected

Kosmonaut

Lost in Space
I'm actually looking forward to this. Risen was a bit of a buggy mess at times.

Really? I just remember the infamous fog bug that affected us Nvidia card users. Other than that, I didn't get any other bug. Unless you count the final boss as some kind of design bug.

Aeschylus

Swindler
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2

Really? I just remember the infamous fog bug that affected us Nvidia card users. Other than that, I didn't get any other bug. Unless you count the final boss as some kind of design bug.

Hm, maybe it was just because I played it before the patches came out. I had some problems with random crashes and certain quests not triggering properly later in the game.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Nope. Risen was quite stable for the entire length. No crashes, no mistriggered quests or other kind of technical errors. So, I blame shitty computers, old drivers or user incompetence.

Self-Ejected

Kosmonaut

Lost in Space
So, I blame ... user incompetence.
Go fuck yourself.

Incompetent user detected.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
OoOoOo ... so sensitive. Risen wasn't a buggy mess, that's for sure.

As for incompetent users, why do you think is so far fetched? There are many idiots who play games while in the background Mozilla has a diarrhea of memory leaks, a voice call is active on Yahoo messenger, the disk was not defraged in years, the drivers are old and the trojans are playing football in the Windows folder. In other words, I saw enough cases where expensive hardware was brought to its knees, just because of the shit that was running in the background.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom