Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Risen next-gen rerelease

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Well, we got ELEX after Risen 2 and 3 so anything can happen I guess?

a shitty ELEX 3 followed by a good new game :M
How about a good old game?

Faranga needs a hero - will you heed the call?

Risen is coming to PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch on January 24, 2023!

:troll:

JBro

Arbiter
Wonder if they'll patch the PC version? I'd be down for another playthrough.

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
The cult RPG that follows the game design direction of the early Gothic games will be finally running smooth and in its full quality on console platforms, while the old PC version will get a gamepad support update.

:yeah:

Ryzer

Arcane
I assume they will port Gothic 2 and probably enhance the camera and controls afterwards.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
https://www.pcgamer.com/after-14-years-risen-is-backi-decided-to-find-out-why/

Risen comes out next week, on January 24.
It's not a remaster, or a remake—it's just a port to PS4, Xbox One and Switch, accompanied by a modest update on PC.
The PC update will feature some gameplay fixes, gamepad controls/UI and achievements... as well as perfect compatibility with modern hardware (including Steam Deck) by using a DirectX 11 and 64bit technical architecture.

Cheevos eh? Maybe time to take this old horse for another rodeo.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
elex 2 sales must have been dismal
I'm surprised the developer has shut down. Elex 2 is rumored to have had much less of an impact than the already very niche elex 1. Didn't help that it was a shit show performance wise on consoles and the word of mouth pre release was "avoid this at all costs"

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
didn't the original version have a sort of built in achievement system on pc
iw4YuOi.gif

Fargus

Arcane
Is this game as good as the Gothic games? I heard its kinda bad
To me this is just Gothic 1 reskin with altered plot. I played it through once when it came out and i have no desire to play it ever again. Its not shit but marked the beginning of Piranha's stagnation.

sosmoflux

Educated
Risen 1 is pretty good. Risen 2 and Risen 3 are the bad games.
I reckon even R2 and R3 are worth getting through if you want more after R1
Bit of fun in both of them
Certainly the beginning of them losing touch with what made Gothic so great as they started wanting to be more commercial

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
Certainly the beginning of them losing touch with what made Gothic so great as they started wanting to be more commercial
Important to note: They started losing the soul, but never lost the jank. If anything, they progressively got more janky, even as they were trying to be more commercial.
Always a losing strategy.

Lucumo

Educated
Is this game as good as the Gothic games? I heard its kinda bad
Risen 1 is definitely return to form after the fuck up that was Gothic 3.
To be fair, the publisher really did them dirty with Gothic 3. So much so, that they split and Piranha Bytes went to Deep Silver. IIRC, JoWooD still owned the Gothic IP for another five years which is why Piranha Bytes developed Risen and JoWooD did Arcania – Gothic 4 via Spellbound Entertainment.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom