Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

rites of war tips and tricks

razvedchiki

Erudite
so i fired up rites of war and since the web is a bit of void of advice i would like to give me some good tips concerning units,missions etc

also i have some questions concerning glory and its acquisition.
-does it cost glory to rest units?
-do you get a fixed amount of glory per mission (except the ones you find in locations) or does it depend on your success rate?

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
You should ask Darth Roxor directly!
I don't think it costs any glory to rest units.
I may be wrong (especially since it is different in most Panzer General games), but I think you get a fixed amount of glory per mission, but you also have a secondary objective in every mission.

razvedchiki

Erudite
where do relics go if a unit you use to get them already has one?i finished the mountain assault mission and pretty sure got the relic from the eldar tower in the valley,and i think also got one from the mountain eldar structure.

Also i lost my most experienced guardian unit and my psyker.i now have
- 3 scorpions
- 2 drakes
- 1 scatter lazer
- 1 walker
- 1 vyper
- 1 harlequin
- 1 guardian
What should i recruit?another psyker perhaps?they are so fragile......

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
where do relics go if a unit you use to get them already has one?

it's left behind and you have to pick it up with a unit that's free

getting a new warlock this late isn't worth it, you'll hardly get to level him up now and the game showers you with farseers later anyway

get a swooping hawk if you lost the one that you get for free

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
should you upgrade your squads to exarchs?
Are Marines worth taking over glorious Eldar übermenschen?

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
should you upgrade your squads to exarchs?

No reason not to.

Termies are great IMO. I always have at least 1 assault and devastator termie in my army - I also always make extensive use of the free Seraphim you get in the first nid mission, since they're great vs all the melee blobs.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Squads don't have any advantage over individual heroes, do they?

Well in theory the 15x strength and attacks is supposed to be an advantage buuuuuuut with all the lethal stuff flung around late game, exarch special powers, naturally superior ability scores and free movement, it doesn't matter at all.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
I would say no, except you will get a bunch of high level marines for free during the campaign, and those can be worthwhile. It seems total madness to train marines from level 0 though.

Squads don't have any advantage over individual heroes, do they?

Well in theory the 15x strength and attacks is supposed to be an advantage buuuuuuut with all the lethal stuff flung around late game, exarch special powers, naturally superior ability scores and free movement, it doesn't matter at all.
In theory, but exarchs have much higher base stats, and still get 10 attacks (iirc), so squads have 50% more attacks on first go (but less base stats), and will lose their only advantage more and more.

Always upgrade to exarch immediately.

razvedchiki

Erudite
i will replay the mission to get the artifact,though i lost the dire avenger unit in the mission before the mountain assault.if i get one now will they lvl fast enough to get to exarch lvl?
also what lvl do the guardians choose aspect?

Kabas

Arcane
Patron
Dire avengers are far easier to level up than warlock, so yep. I think you can afford to get a new one at this stage.
Exarch status is reached at the eight level.
Guardians can upgrade to aspect at the 4th level. They will regain all their levels with upgrade(aka they will turn into the 4th level warp spider for example)

razvedchiki

Erudite
k im at mission 12 now and all my eldar dudes went to the exarch lvl except one avenger.what training should i give them?im thinking mighty blows and the one that gives +4 defence to the scorpions,crack shot and master warrior to the avengers and crack shot and master warrior to the drakes.i lost my lvl 9 scatter lazer last mission but the sister immolator is such a good replacement!
i also have a couple of sisters and marine units,thinking to keep the seraphims,also have a wraithguard lvl 7 i think it gibs good fire to the tyranid hordes but im thinking to sent him to the barracks and buy a wirlwind?
great skaven what say you?!?!

Kabas

Arcane
Patron
I am no great skaven, but i think i am qualified to say this.

Mighty blows and + defence is an interesting combination, i would have taken a bonus melee instead though. Simple stat increases are boring, but effective.
Consider an invisibility for close range guys, effective from time to time.
Battle fortune saves lifes! And you will hate this ability on your tyranid enemies. Not as good if you save scum like crazy though, but still damn good.
The leap ability(the one that allows you another movement after you made one) is great on mobile guys like swooping hawks or warp spiders, swooping hawks especially.
Psyker power immunity is worthless. Tyranids magos and zoanthropes just can't replicate the same terror as your first encounters with the librarians.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom