Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Rock Paper Shotgun doesn't play Skullgirls (but talks about how sexist it is)

AlexOfSpades

Arcane
So the incredibly muscular perfect man wearing only a loincloth that serves as the protagonist of God of War is okay. Dante's perfect abs on Devil May Cry (exposed on several of his costumes in DMC3, including one where he only wears pants) is okay. Every superhero with a ridiculously muscular body (with muscles that dont even exist) and impossibly tight spandex as their only "armor" is okay. Having the astounding majority of male protagonists in the gaming industry as muscular men with wide shoulders is okay. But a female in a game possesses breasts? OH MY GOD SEXISM I'M BEING RAPED RED ALERT RED ALERT

We all know that women cant be sexy. Right guys? Sexy is bad. Who likes sex anyways? Sex is horrible. (Extreme violence is okay though)

There's so much hypocrisy in that article that i couldnt even read it thoroughly. It made me cringe so hard i looked like Judge Dredd for a few minutes.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
The farce of the whole sex and violence double standard for vidya gaem community nowadays is like it was taken verbatim from Good Times With Weapons.

So the incredibly muscular perfect man wearing only a loincloth that serves as the protagonist of God of War is okay. Dante's perfect abs on Devil May Cry (exposed on several of his costumes in DMC3, including one where he only wears pants) is okay. Every superhero with a ridiculously muscular body (with muscles that dont even exist) and impossibly tight spandex as their only "armor" is okay. Having the astounding majority of male protagonists in the gaming industry as muscular men with wide shoulders is okay. But a female in a game possesses breasts? OH MY GOD SEXISM I'M BEING RAPED RED ALERT RED ALERT

We all know that women cant be sexy. Right guys? Sexy is bad. Who likes sex anyways? Sex is horrible. (Extreme violence is okay though)

There's so much hypocrisy in that article that i couldnt even read it thoroughly. It made me cringe so hard i looked like Judge Dredd for a few minutes.
Yea it's pretty heavily based on this. It's not even about sex or anything, it's just that people like our fictional selves to be more-than-perfect versions of ourselves, especially physically in most cases. Goes as far back as antiquity. Only thing you could argue is that the Western ideal of physical perfection has become pervasive across the globe and all cultures.

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
Yea it's pretty heavily based on this. It's not even about sex or anything, it's just that people like our fictional selves to be more-than-perfect versions of ourselves, especially physically in most cases. Goes as far back as antiquity. Only thing you could argue is that the Western ideal of physical perfection has become pervasive across the globe and all cultures.
Fuck the Western ideal of physical perfection.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
The biggest entertainment in the US is NFL football, which includes jiggletits and short shorts cheerleaders shaking it for the camera at every possible break moment. Also the sport itself is basically a modern day gladitorial arena, where huge pumped up 'roid addicts bash themselves to serious injury for our amusement.

And yet this narrative exists where humans are better than this and only video games languish in the entertainment cellar. My ass. If anything games are more mature than the vast majority of television programs, which is fucking SAD.

groke

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera BattleTech I'm very into cock and ball torture
Was completely uninterested in this game until white-knight-game-journalist rage set in. Tumblr-feminists and co. have become a suprisingly powerful advertising force, Activision should just start paying hysterical women money to complain about their games and cut shit like RPS and Kotaku out of the loop entirely.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
Was completely uninterested in this game until white-knight-game-journalist rage set in. Tumblr-feminists and co. have become a suprisingly powerful advertising force, Activision should just start paying hysterical women money to complain about their games and cut shit like RPS and Kotaku out of the loop entirely.
Why pay for something you can get for free? :smug:

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Those designs are male gazey as all hell
And represent less than half the main cast of the game?
6 out of 8 characters are gazey.

"Our lead animator internalizes misogyny on a daily basis."
(...)
I doubt, she is lesbian.

Edit: Just found her site: http://kinucakes.tumblr.com

Lots of Internalized Misogyny (TM) :bounce: there.
Gay women can still be self-loathing, furthermore https://twitter.com/kinucakes/status/364503337581817857 https://twitter.com/kinucakes/status/364503666650120192 https://twitter.com/Nobleprinceps/status/364504891164995584

People and their 'sumptions.

octavius

Arcane
Patron
"There was an opportunity here. An opportunity for an entire cast of characters like Peacock, the sanely proportioned and thoroughly ridiculous robot-girl"

Translation: I want a game composed entirely of little girls.

Isn't there a whole industry in Japan doing just that?

octavius

Arcane
Patron
WTF...? I thought by the description of the artwork that it was going to be western/realistic style, and then it's just some fucking anime shit?!? Like that could conceivably portray any character, male or female, as "realistic"? :lol:

FeelTheRads

Arcane

Pretty much all male characters are woman "gazey" so hey, eat a dick.

Been pointed out before, but it's worth pointing out again. Peacock:

Sanely proportioned means no tits. The rest doesn't matter. Faggot detected etc.

pDKvOee.jpg

retardation

Learned
These people that complain about boobs and proportions and skin in games should be sent to Iran ASAP. They'd be great friends with ayatollah and basij.

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
Ok I am confuse is it sexist for women to have big boobs in a video game or to not have big boobs?

DragoFireheart

Ok I am confuse is it sexist for women to have big boobs in a video game or to not have big boobs?

Both, it is women you are talking about after all :troll:

So regardless of what I do, it is sexist.

Then I shall embrace the sexism and hear their lamentations. I will enjoy this while crushing my enemies and seeing them driven before me.

dnf

Pedophile
Dumbfuck Shitposter
And represent less than half the main cast of the game?
6 out of 8 characters are gazey.

"Our lead animator internalizes misogyny on a daily basis."
(...)
I doubt, she is lesbian.

Edit: Just found her site: http://kinucakes.tumblr.com

Lots of Internalized Misogyny (TM) :bounce: there.
Gay women can still be self-loathing, furthermore https://twitter.com/kinucakes/status/364503337581817857 https://twitter.com/kinucakes/status/364503666650120192 https://twitter.com/Nobleprinceps/status/364504891164995584

People and their 'sumptions.
Why do feminists have this huge hardon for excusing the nature of females on others?

A feminist or manboob would say that these male archetypes appeal to men more.

Gurkog

Erudite
Project: Eternity
Men don't need to be sexist. Women are more adept at nit picking each other's appearance and shaming/mocking/excluding them because of it. Perhaps they just feel like men are encroaching on their territory in that department.

DragoFireheart

Men don't need to be sexist. Women are more adept at nit picking each other's appearance and shaming/mocking/excluding them because of it. Perhaps they just feel like men are encroaching on their territory in that department.

Women do like to nitpick each other. It's almost like they were genetically programmed to do so.

EDIT: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...eeding-Thats-stabbing-says-Katie-Hopkins.html

Women see everything as an emotional battleground. We are brought up to crave attention and compete for it. So when one woman gets a promotion, the others feel compelled to bring her down to their level.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom