Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Rogue Trader predictions

Serus

Arcane
Patron
Then again, Owlcat created actually playable games but to each his own.
Troika's games ARE playable. You might think that they aren't good. Be my guest, you will find many arguments for that assuming you played them - which frankly I don't believe to be true. I myself think Vampire is very mediocre. They also are rough on the edges, especially Arcanum. But they are, certainly and without a shadow of doubt, 100% playable.

I predict that it will be a serviceable CRPG shorter than their pathfinder games but with greater C&C. The writing will be mediocre but tolerable and Owlcat will return to KM levels of SJW crap. Despite that, there will still be a great plethora of strong, danger-haired, lesbians. That said, I don't have much interest in the setting and I know very little of the ruleset. I'm playing WotR presently. If I enjoy it through the end, I will probably give it a try.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
The Pozzitroons all self-identify as CG so that's where you find most of it. The further away from CG you get the less there is. LE Reg is hardcore out-of-fucks old fart.

That is ridiculous because Chaotic Good is all about FREEDOM. Pozzed people are all about scarifying freedom for the ""right"" to not be offended, safety, uniformity, envy, and anything. No Azata would be in favor of gun control or throwing people in jail for calling an man, an man.

That said, I don't expect that following Tzeentch if is a possibility will be as woke as Azata in wotr...

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
The Pozzitroons all self-identify as CG so that's where you find most of it. The further away from CG you get the less there is. LE Reg is hardcore out-of-fucks old fart.

That is ridiculous because Chaotic Good is all about FREEDOM. Pozzed people are all about scarifying freedom for the ""right"" to not be offended, safety, uniformity, envy, and anything. No Azata would be in favor of gun control or throwing people in jail for calling an man, an man.

That said, I don't expect that following Tzeentch if is a possibility will be as woke as Azata in wotr...
You're confusing the Pozz with Wokelism/garden variety prog politics. They are not the same thing and in some respects the opposite.

They throw you in jail for calling a man a man because that's judgmental - the only sin in Pozzland where nonjudgmentalism is the highest virtue. Woke is a ham-handed rebellion against that.

Edgetard

Educated

I mean CG has always been the woke alignment where as lawful evil tended to have its shit together
As for rogue trader its going to be harder to make that woke then pathfinder, I mean come on the in game lore has 3 goddesses in a scissors match. Meanwhile 40k is the 2nd most reactionary scifi universe behind Frank Herbert's "I disowned my faggot son whose dying of AIDS, time to write a story about a eugenics cult trying to create the messiah" Dune, an uphill battle to poz that entirely, theres probably going to be a fag or two in the game, mechanicus im looking at you, but again difficult beyond that.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
CG has always been the woke alignment

I strongly disagree. Wanna see the most iconic Chaotic Good character from legends? Robin Hood. Wokes would call him "fascist" by owning an longbow without license and stealing from the state. The most iconic Chaotic Good """organization""" is Veiled alliance in Dark Sun. They organize in "cells" without a strict structure and are very isolated and individualistic. Wokies are all about living in extremely crowded cities with so many regulations that is impossible to follow them, with the state even regulating the pronouns which you use. How this is a "freedom" alignment? They ideology can't even exist without the force of the state and bigcorpo imposing it into everyone.

That said, Kingmaker did CG much better than WoTR.

Nelka

Educated
I predict that it will be a serviceable CRPG shorter than their pathfinder games but with greater C&C. The writing will be mediocre but tolerable and Owlcat will return to KM levels of SJW crap. Despite that, there will still be a great plethora of strong, danger-haired, lesbians. That said, I don't have much interest in the setting and I know very little of the ruleset. I'm playing WotR presently. If I enjoy it through the end, I will probably give it a try.
And that would a good thing. WOTR had so many mythic paths I'd like to check out, but I just don't have a time and I don't feel like to go through the same game segments over and over again to see a mythic path content (at least they released a rogue-like DLC to check out some builds). Shorter story with more reactibility is something that I'm looking for. Of course it will be bugged as hell at release, because yeah - Owlcats.

kangaxx

Arbiter
I quite enjoyed Kingmaker but WOTR was a clear cut step down in basically all of those predictions except the class bloat and trash mobs one (where it already existed in KM). RT will likely be a "wait and see on sale" affair for me.

Nelka

Educated
Of course it will be bugged as hell at release

Bugs are the least of Owlcat problems.
Maybe. I'm skipping all the SJW stupidities they made, because you can't get away from that in nowadays games unfortunately and we'll see it even in russian games.
I was saying Owlcat can't code, I know people who had to reroll a class and lost few hours at the release, only because half of the feats and skills weren't working as intended. And every single patch fixes few things, while breaking others.

Edgetard

Educated

I strongly disagree. Wanna see the most iconic Chaotic Good character from legends? Robin Hood. Wokes would call him "fascist" by owning an longbow without license and stealing from the state. The most iconic Chaotic Good """organization""" is Veiled alliance in Dark Sun. They organize in "cells" without a strict structure and are very isolated and individualistic. Wokies are all about living in extremely crowded cities with so many regulations that is impossible to follow them, with the state even regulating the pronouns which you use. How this is a "freedom" alignment? They ideology can't even exist without the force of the state and bigcorpo imposing it into everyone.

I'm not saying that someone cant be CG and right wing alignment has never been a political compass (fascism and communism could both be considered to be LE but look at how much they despised each other) but I cant tell you how many former tumblr types play CG tieflings
Freedom to the founding fathers was a MUCH different concept to that of the modern left, Jefferson strongly supported the death penalty for being a fag, but hes understood to be the most freedom orientated of the founders and is still a hero to many libertarians in this country
But I guess I'm biased being a right wing authoritarian myself I identify with LE the most

Serus

Arcane
Patron
I quite enjoyed Kingmaker but WOTR was a clear cut step down in basically all of those predictions except the class bloat and trash mobs one (where it already existed in KM). RT will likely be a "wait and see on sale" affair for me.
I did buy Kingmaker*, I didn't buy WoTR at all and I think your approach with this one is the way to go. I'm adopting it myself.

*I never regretted buying it however i did regret buying it at full price.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
I cant tell you how many former tumblr types play CG tieflings
You don't need to, it's obvious.

The Pozz is about being nice to blax, Woke about shitting on whites. They are not the same. Owlcat are pozzed for same reason most regular people are, it's the cultural default for their class. Glibertarians did this.

ArchAngel

Arcane

I'm not saying that someone cant be CG and right wing alignment has never been a political compass (fascism and communism could both be considered to be LE but look at how much they despised each other) but I cant tell you how many former tumblr types play CG tieflings
Freedom to the founding fathers was a MUCH different concept to that of the modern left, Jefferson strongly supported the death penalty for being a fag, but hes understood to be the most freedom orientated of the founders and is still a hero to many libertarians in this country
But I guess I'm biased being a right wing authoritarian myself I identify with LE the most
Because to tumblr woke right wing is still controlling USA and the world and they set the law that lawful people abide by so they are chaotic to represent they are against that

Edgetard

Educated
Because to tumblr woke right wing is still controlling USA and the world and they set the law that lawful people abide by so they are chaotic to represent they are against that
Lawful doesnt mean you follow the law a mafia member who sticks to the rules of the mafia can be considered lawful evil, and if a Chaotic evil government is put in place it would be highly corrupt and well chaotic, think CHAZ when that was a thing.
You don't need to, it's obvious.

The Pozz is about being nice to blax, Woke about shitting on whites. They are not the same. Owlcat are pozzed for same reason most regular people are, it's the cultural default for their class. Glibertarians did this.
Fair is fair there needs to be an understanding of what level of shitlib you are, are you a go along to not get canceled along or are you Twitter pre musk tier.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Lawful doesnt mean you follow the law a mafia member who sticks to the rules of the mafia can be considered lawful evil, and if a Chaotic evil government is put in place it would be highly corrupt and well chaotic, think CHAZ when that was a thing.
I am just telling you how they think. I am not saying they think about this a lot. And DnD does not have many options and to them Chaotic is the one that fights vs The Man. Also they consider themselves Good by forcing others to use words they like and follow rules that they like that are still chaotic to them because they are not rules The Man likes.

Ah, yes. The D&D alignment debate is like the Bloodwar. It stretches across planes and is without end. When the feud is present, all other concerns fall away. There is only the great battle.

cpmartins

Cipher
Then again, Owlcat created actually playable games but to each his own.
Troika's games ARE playable. You might think that they aren't good. Be my guest, you will find many arguments for that assuming you played them - which frankly I don't believe to be true. I myself think Vampire is very mediocre. They also are rough on the edges, especially Arcanum. But they are, certainly and without a shadow of doubt, 100% playable.
I actually finished both Arcanum and Bloodlines on release. Bloodlines was rough, though. Had to forum-dive to avoid some gamebreaking bugs after a few restarts, but Arcanum was pretty much a beginning to end break-free experience for me. Plenty of bugs, but I managed to finish them without many issues.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
I actually finished both Arcanum and Bloodlines on release. Bloodlines was rough, though. Had to forum-dive to avoid some gamebreaking bugs after a few restarts, but Arcanum was pretty much a beginning to end break-free experience for me. Plenty of bugs, but I managed to finish them without many issues.

On my first playthrough of Arcanum I arrived in front of Kerghan without the Vendigroth Device. Which was kind of cool, in a Morrowind "persist in the doomed world you created" type of way.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom