Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Roguelite "Lethal Running" in Early Access

Lethal Runner

voodoosoft
Developer
https://www.lethalrunning.com

Hi guys,
I would like to introduce you to Lethal Running !

city.gif

The game is available on Steam in Early Access.
In Lethal Running you are a participant of a deadly game show in a futuristic dystopian world.
You have to stand your ground against merciless bounty hunters, capture weapons and food, upgrade your body with stimulants, hack into systems, build your own tools and explore the Wasteland.

lr-1593141520.png

The game was inspired by "Running Man" with Schwarzenegger and the Hunger Games, among others.
Lethal Running is a true Indie game :cool:
It is in Early Access on Steam and still needs a lot of feedback on the way to full release.
Playable on Windows in English and German

trailer-knight-fight.png

Thanks & keep running.

bad-awakening.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Lethal Runner

voodoosoft
Developer
It's real time.
The character is upgraded by implanting Stims. There are 17 of it, most further divided into several levels.
8 character traits like hunger and wounds are to be watched. Life is impacted by all of these together.
There are guns and melee weapons, pyrotech, hypnotization and cloaking. You can run, walk and dodge. Running and dodging is limited by fatique.
Armor is based on Armor Hubs that don't protect by themselves, but can be extended bv installing Mods against bullets, heat, radiation, etc.
Armor needs energy as well as lamps, laser guns or scanners.
There are various ways to get to required stuff like food, water, energy and ammo, various techniques to open doors and to kill enemies.
Day and night cycles, rain, heat, coldness and radiation.
We have cooking, herbs and poisened water. Fat rats.
Likes and Dislikes.
Hacking mini game.
Crafting.

There were other games as inspiration, but Lethal Running has become a totally different game, so, no, no comparisions.

All Zombie free. :)

LarryTyphoid

Scholar
I don't play roguelites much but the art is pretty good and Running Man is a great source of inspiration for a game like this. Is a native Linux version possible?

It looks interesting enough to give a try. That's more than can be said for a ton of games, even on here. Can I get a steam key, bratan? If it keeps me up even a few hours after bed I'll do a review on it.
https://www.lethalrunning.com

Hi guys,
I would like to introduce you to Lethal Running !

city.gif

The game is available on Steam in Early Access.
In Lethal Running you are a participant of a deadly game show in a futuristic dystopian world.
You have to stand your ground against merciless bounty hunters, capture weapons and food, upgrade your body with stimulants, hack into systems, build your own tools and explore the Wasteland.

lr-1593141520.png

The game was inspired by "Running Man" with Schwarzenegger and the Hunger Games, among others.
Lethal Running is a true Indie game :cool:
It is in Early Access on Steam and still needs a lot of feedback on the way to full release.
Playable on Windows in English and German

trailer-knight-fight.png

Thanks & keep running.

bad-awakening.gif

Lethal Runner

voodoosoft
Developer
Sorry, answers for overlooked questions:
-> It's not deterministic
-> While the game was and is partly developed on Linux, there is no official public Linux version because demand and market are too small to justify the costs.

Serus

Arcane
Patron
Terrible colour scheme used for the interface and more. Why all this pink? But this is a minor complaint. Real-time is the big one for me. I had my share of RT roguelites, some were ok but enough is enough. I wish the author good luck but i won't bite (or buy) it.

No offence but what are you even doing in this thread JarlFrank?. You don't like roguelikes and vast majoriy of roguelites happen to have 2 traits in common with RLs: perma death and procedural generation. What were you expecting?

Bloodeyes

Arcane
I loved The Running Man novella by Stephen King as a kid. That trailer looks dope as hell too. I've added this to my wish list. Hope you finish it, if you do I'll most likely buy it.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
Demo appears to be searchable but it links back to regular page thus not allowing to try it out. Is it some festival remnant ?

Lethal Runner

voodoosoft
Developer
Demo appears to be searchable but it links back to regular page thus not allowing to try it out. Is it some festival remnant ?
Yes, there used to be a demo for a Steam Next Game Festival or whatever it is named. It's no longer available.

Lethal Runner

voodoosoft
Developer
A small update has been released today with the following changes:
  • fixed switching dialog language
  • showing all districts on map
  • howing point-of-interests in map, including traders
  • new PDA panel for clarifying game play
  • fixed training equipment exploit
  • charon's hammer can't be taken
  • making sure a backpack is active on game loading
  • fixed close dialog not appearing after player death

Check it out ! :cool:

Lethal Runner

voodoosoft
Developer
The latest update of today is all about a redesigned tutorial:
  • redesigned the training sector
  • fixed switching language
  • fixed door closing animation
Keep on running !

Lethal Runner

voodoosoft
Developer
You can get Lethal Running now for 20% off during Steam Going Rogue Sales. :)

Last edited:

Lethal Runner

voodoosoft
Developer
*** Update EA-44 2022-07-26 754 ***
- released more loot for the early game
- reduced sector number of each district
- fixed exception when accessing the vendor machine
- fixed some dialog labels
- fixed layout of dismantle dialog
- lowered volume of charging dialog
- fixed molotov cocktail
- fixed stealth rendering when no armor active
- enabled running and dodging when in stealth
- updated runtime to 17.0.4
- tweaked loot spawn counts
- new hint for crafting knife
- tweaked color grading

Lethal Runner

voodoosoft
Developer
Lethal Running is on full release today !
After 37 updates with uncounted improvements we are proud that Lethal Running is out of Early Access today.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom