Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Romance

Johannes

Arcane
Will there be any?

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
And this has what to do with the game? My own bias against this stuff in RPGs aside, if you would really like to have such stuff in a game (being fully aware that this is just a trollthread etc) you'd rather wish it would be written by someone with actual references and skill in this field of writing instead of me?

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I'm sure personal experience can replace experience of subgenre writing here :troll:

Who knows? You could be good at it, many male writers write romances to put bread on the table (anonymously since women are prejudiced)

SoupNazi

The hero encounters a crazed female super mutant. Madly, he falls in love with her because she is the only remaining person in the world that seems to present at least some affection for him. If the PC has high enough INT/CHA, they can convince her to try out a relationship. As it goes, the mutant tries to have sex with the PC but deep inside, he's afraid of the fact that she's a super mutant, and refuses to. As the relationship deteriorates, the super mutant starts mutating into a beautiful being, so slowly it's barely noticeable. In turn, however, the PC starts turning into a mutant himself, bit by bit, until he's finally turned entirely. The now beautiful woman leaves him as he's now not only completely incapable of maintaining a relationship and sharing feelings, he's ugly to boot. The PC realizes what he lost, and when the player next enters combat and orders an attack on the enemy, the character instead shoots himself (pierces himself with a spear, commits seppuku, whatever).

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
The hero encounters a crazed female super mutant. Madly, he falls in love with her because she is the only remaining person in the world that seems to present at least some affection for him. If the PC has high enough INT/CHA, they can convince her to try out a relationship. As it goes, the mutant tries to have sex with the PC but deep inside, he's afraid of the fact that she's a super mutant, and refuses to. As the relationship deteriorates, the super mutant starts mutating into a beautiful being, so slowly it's barely noticeable. In turn, however, the PC starts turning into a mutant himself, bit by bit, until he's finally turned entirely. The now beautiful woman leaves him as he's now not only completely incapable of maintaining a relationship and sharing feelings, he's ugly to boot. The PC realizes what he lost, and when the player next enters combat and orders an attack on the enemy, the character instead shoots himself (pierces himself with a spear, commits seppuku, whatever).
For the first half of this all I could think of was death by snu snu

Norfleet

I was under the impression that the Codex wasn't into romance, only "tasteful rape".

There's also the fact that even professional-grade romance is horribly sappy and contrived at best.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom