Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Ross's Game Dungeon (from Freeman's Mind guy)

RickOmbo

Learned
Still, I'd love to see him review Harvester. One of those perfect games for him to review on Halloween.
This guy did a great job reviewing Harvester.

deama

Prophet
His Rama review was really fucking good. One of my all time favorites of his. Other than that, my other favorites were: Deus Ex, Realms of the Haunting, Life is Strange Demo, Dungeon Siege, Uncanny Valley, and Still Life. It was quite refreshing to see him roast a game like his Life is Strange review. Man, he should really do more of that. He did a great job.

I was disappointed in his Phantasmagoria 2 review. He said it's one of his all time favorites, and it was a letdown. I'm not sure why I didn't enjoy it all that much, though. Veil of Darkness was a much better review when those two dropped.

Still, I'd love to see him review Harvester. One of those perfect games for him to review on Halloween.

I forgot that the Cave World Saga was easily one of the, if not the, worst review I've seen of his. Was really stupid for him to review a game that you could tell he was having trouble getting to work right on top of it being a boring ass game with a terrible story. It was seriously torture watching it because it was so long too. I also feel like he'd do a great job at a Stalker series review like he did with Deus Ex.
What about the black mirror?

Mexi

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
His Rama review was really fucking good. One of my all time favorites of his. Other than that, my other favorites were: Deus Ex, Realms of the Haunting, Life is Strange Demo, Dungeon Siege, Uncanny Valley, and Still Life. It was quite refreshing to see him roast a game like his Life is Strange review. Man, he should really do more of that. He did a great job.

I was disappointed in his Phantasmagoria 2 review. He said it's one of his all time favorites, and it was a letdown. I'm not sure why I didn't enjoy it all that much, though. Veil of Darkness was a much better review when those two dropped.

I forgot that the Cave World Saga was easily one of the, if not the, worst review I've seen of his. Was really stupid for him to review a game that you could tell he was having trouble getting to work right on top of it being a boring ass game with a terrible story. It was seriously torture watching it because it was so long too. I also feel like he'd do a great job at a Stalker series review like he did with Deus Ex.
What about the black mirror?
I might have to rewatch. Forgettable review unless it was one that I missed. I faintly remember watching it, but it might've been done by someone else. I'll rewatch it some time and see if I remember why it wasn't one of his memorable reviews.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Game actually looks fairly interesting, might pick it up but not for 20$. Watching him struggle with that gauntlet at the beginning was pretty cringeworthy. It looks like you can drop through the floor (he does that to a similar floor at the end of the video) to go through it in the proper direction, and even if you can't, he's also got a sword that deletes bullets.

Dr Skeleton

Arcane
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Yeah, I love his reviews of obscure or forgotten old games, this is just not interesting, some random indie game on steam he's bad at and makes a 15 min impressions vid about whatever. He was bad at Revenant too, but the video was interesting, so that's not the issue. Compare this last vid to the Veil of Darkness or even Captain Zap where he talks about the technical aspect, things surrounding the game, the game's genre and history in general and does a whole playthrough showing the game's interesting points and problems. I get that takes 20x times the work to do, but then why is this even on the same show.

m_s0

Arcane
His GDs are getting worse. This is just him failing at the game for 15 minutes.
He's been talking for some time now how out of everything he does GD is the most suitable series for outsourcing, and how he needs more of those not-quite-as-work-intensive videos so that he can still keep Freeman going, AND work on that feature film he's been dreaming of, AND not ditch the channel for people not interested in either of those that aren't willing to wait months/years, because Freeman and a feature take ages to make. Makes sense to think of it all in these terms when your life kind of depends on the channel.

So I'm guessing he's either trying to outsource GD now to stick to doing only script + voiceover as much as humanly possible, or that at least he's adjusting his workflow so that when he gets an editor he'll be ready. Expect more of this going forward, but knowing Ross if he gets obsessed with a weird game he'll drop everything and do a proper GD.

All that said, this episode didn't do anything for me, right down to the choice of game.

edit for clarity: I meant outsourcing putting the video together as opposed to everything. He still wants to write and voice these.

Last edited:

deama

Prophet
The GUI one was a pretty neat one, I didn't even know you could customize windows that much before.
I kinda wanna watch it all again...

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Last edited:

Puukko

Arcane
The only Sonic game I have played (and likely ever will play) was SASRT which was a really fun arcade racer. This series is a major contributor to internet age manchild autism (the dweeb kind, not the weirdo genius kind) and degeneracy. I didn't expect to see Ross talk about it for an hour.

deama

Prophet
Ross did a dark souls recent playthrough.
It's ok, there are some things he's not too bad at (parrying), but other things he's really bad at, like trying to remember the controls, and stamina management.
It becomes obvious that he's not enjoying it past the half hour and a half point, I think the biggest problem for him is the respawning enemies, he just does not like it. He also says the atmosphere is good, but kinda depressing.

Last edited:

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
Ross is a smart guy, but by Jove, how hard he sucks at isometric games. He whines half of the video about how random combat is and how the game is unfair - all of this while simply clickspamming and savescumming through the game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom