Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Ross's Game Dungeon (from Freeman's Mind guy)

Morpheus Kitami

Liturgist
Now maybe there's something he missed, but he read the manual and hit-and-run tactics didn't look like they'd work. Except maybe with magic, which would...not be fun...I dunno, doesn't look like he did anything wrong.

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron
Looks like a huge, unbalanced mess, tbh. Loved the episode though.

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
Now maybe there's something he missed, but he read the manual and hit-and-run tactics didn't look like they'd work. Except maybe with magic, which would...not be fun...I dunno, doesn't look like he did anything wrong.
Haven't played the game, but it's clearly seen in the video:
- enemies have painstates
- combat is not automated - you click once, you hit once

So, I guess that you can time your attacks to hit enemies in the middle of their attack animation, aborting it and triggering a painstate.

samuraigaiden

Arcane
RPG Wokedex

So, I guess that you can time your attacks to hit enemies in the middle of their attack animation, aborting it and triggering a painstate.

I've watched other LPs of Clans. Not sure you can actually be good at that game.

Morpheus Kitami

Liturgist

I've watched other LPs of Clans. Not sure you can actually be good at that game.
I just gave it a try and while Willy seems to technically be right, you can stunlock them. It came off really awkward to accomplish. Maybe it gets easier, but this wasn't exactly a game I'm eager to play to begin with. For one, I spent around five minutes in the game and the map seemed to be seriously screwed up, not showing where I had actually been. For another, if I wanted a bullshit adventure game masquerading as a RPG, I'd play Elvira again.

deama

Prophet
Did I hear that right? He's gonna make a 4th one soon? He's talking about that shooter that he had to put a hold on to finish the Halloween game dungeons but has resumed now?

Morpheus Kitami

Liturgist
Did I hear that right? He's gonna make a 4th one soon? He's talking about that shooter that he had to put a hold on to finish the Halloween game dungeons but has resumed now?
If that's true, its not surprising he's done so little this year. Personally I wish he'd spend more time on Freeman's Mind episodes, but I understand the reasons he does more Game Dungeons.
I've got nothing to base this on, but I wonder if the shooter is Killing Time. I know he has it on his game list, but I don't know if he's ever actually done games for Game Dungeon that he has on his games list.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I much prefer Game Dungeon to Freeman's Mind these days, since the latter series has become pretty samey only with more shouting and cursing as Freeman's frustration grows.
Game Dungeon also had a drop in quality last year and early this year but these recent episodes are really good again (I have not watched Daemonica yet).

deama

Prophet
If that's true, its not surprising he's done so little this year. Personally I wish he'd spend more time on Freeman's Mind episodes, but I understand the reasons he does more Game Dungeons.
I've got nothing to base this on, but I wonder if the shooter is Killing Time. I know he has it on his game list, but I don't know if he's ever actually done games for Game Dungeon that he has on his games list.
He said the shooter game will have good music, or good shooting mechanics, I forgot which one, maybe both.

jebsmoker

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In I helped put crap in Monomyth
you can tell daemonica was made by the inquisitor devs. they both have the exact habit of insane, mind-numbing lore dumps, and they both share the same UI aesthetics

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
The ending is interesting:

If he decides to help Fabius, the demon is pulled into Fabius who then returns to Rome where he helps to make the Church stronger as new crusades across the world are led. The live in Cavorns go on peacefully as no-one notices the shadow that will swallow all.

This dubious "shadow" reference aside, it seems that the Demon is rather nice guy after all.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
He said the shooter game will have good music, or good shooting mechanics, I forgot which one, maybe both.

Painkiller? Have good music but shooting mechanics? Beside stake launcher with GL (which they broke in Hell&Damnation) that does not fit.

deama

Prophet

Painkiller? Have good music but shooting mechanics? Beside stake launcher with GL (which they broke in Hell&Damnation) that does not fit.
No clue, maybe it's good for Ross?

Baron Dupek

Arcane
He uploaded soundtrack to SIN and Heavy Metal FAKK2, links in the description.
nice

PFCpKE2.png

Last edited:

deama

Prophet
Ross just announced -in his January chat- that he's going to be taking a break from game dungeon and instead start looking for someone to do his editing so he can make more videos. Donno how much of a quality plunge this will make, he says he's still going to review the videos and approve them if they abide by his standards, we'll see.

Self-Ejected

Harry Easter

Self-Ejected
More Game Dungeon would be welcome. Ross has a talent for finding very obscure games and making them interesting.

deama

Prophet
More Game Dungeon would be welcome. Ross has a talent for finding very obscure games and making them interesting.
Hopefully quality won't go down too badly, he did something similar with legends of kirandia and I didn't like that episode as much, but it wasn't bad, still an enjoyable watch.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom