Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Ross's Game Dungeon (from Freeman's Mind guy)

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Freeman's mind was funny when Ross really wanted to make that series and had fun with it. Now, when he mostly releases new episodes out of obligation, it lost a lot of heart.

I like him for his Game Dungeon and constant fight against killing games.

Bad Sector

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Now, when he mostly releases new episodes out of obligation, it lost a lot of heart.

I do not think this is true, he spends a lot of time making each episode with custom levels, scripting and help from other people - i doubt he'd do all that if he only did the episodes out of obligation, especially since he's putting a lot more effort compared to the original series.

Morpheus Kitami

Liturgist
I think Ross hit it out of the park with this one. The game itself has an interesting concept, but I'm sure it actually plays like trash. Wonder if he's going to do the werewolf one, assuming that was made into a video game? I know these Terror Trax things originally started out as audio books, those are the ones Spoony played back in the day, so I'm not 100% on if any more were made into computer games.

Sukhāvatī

a.k.a. Mañjuśṛī
Patron
I think Ross hit it out of the park with this one. The game itself has an interesting concept, but I'm sure it actually plays like trash. Wonder if he's going to do the werewolf one, assuming that was made into a video game? I know these Terror Trax things originally started out as audio books, those are the ones Spoony played back in the day, so I'm not 100% on if any more were made into computer games.
A browser interface seems to be the closest it came to being on PC six years after the original launch.

Years later, Wizards of the Coast shared a minimalist browser interface along with the original audio files from the CD in Real's RM format, requiring recommended audio plugin Realplayer 8 to access.

https://www.mobygames.com/game-group/terror-trax-series
https://www.mobygames.com/game/terror-trax-track-of-the-werewolf

Morpheus Kitami

Liturgist
Strange, I don't have the CDs the game was based on, but I do have the game and there's no mention of Wizards of the Coast on it. Seems a strange title for them to have.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
I heard he have more games with vampires prepared.
I feel like he release 2? episodes of Freeman's Mind every year because he spend rest on making those special episodes...

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The best thing about game dungeon is how he tackles weird and obscure games I never even heard about. There's always something unique about those things.

Gothos looks really cool in its concept. Very amateurishly made, but charmingly so.

Bad Sector

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
It is where he belongs. Natural fit for him, he is good at that. Not fit for critiquing games at all (except storyfag ones).
His field is adventure and storyfag games so makes sense

How so? Even in this video he says that he needs to use guides, etc to get past puzzles.

It might be because of his other series, but i always thought of him more into FPS and other action games.

Morpheus Kitami

Liturgist
Maybe I'm misremembering, but I can't recall many action games he struggled with that wouldn't give most people trouble anyway. The only exception I can think of is with Clans, in which he missed how to stunlock enemies. Anything else I can think of involved errors he couldn't have forseen (The Chosen) or were incredibly hard to begin with. (Helious)

Spukrian

Savant
Well, in his ECHO video it didn't seem like he caught the nuances of the story... so maybe storybased games isn't his forte.

EDIT: Then again, I just remembered his story analysis of the Deus Ex games are very good!

Last edited:

Baron Dupek

Arcane

Finally something that's less obscure and just forgotten due to various issues.
I don't watch Let's Plays (because people doing those don't play in my style) but SGS aka supergreatfriend made decent one.

Last edited:

Caim

Arcane
The whole "team-based Resident Evil" thing looks pretty nifty, have they tried something like that in the actual Resident Evil games?

Morpheus Kitami

Liturgist
The whole "team-based Resident Evil" thing looks pretty nifty, have they tried something like that in the actual Resident Evil games?
Haven't seen the Martian Gothic video yet, but the Outbreak games did something like that, and I think Operation Racoon City did something like that, except it was the PS3 generation, which means it probably wasn't very good.

flyingjohn

Arcane
There is zero which is based on teamwork between two characters.
And as morpheus said,outbreak but that is more focused on online.

Caim

Arcane
So it's more of a focus on the combat parts than survival horror, then. Shame, but that's how it is.

Caim

Arcane
Well, up next: Ravenholm. That should be a blast. See you all around Easter for that one, then!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom