Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Ross's Game Dungeon (from Freeman's Mind guy)

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron

finally new video with obscure old stuff

What a nice example for style over substance. This game looks like pure hell to play.

Codex Year of the Donut
He's wrong about them still being in trouble for the emulator. There's nothing illegal at all about redistributing an emulator as long as the people redistributing it have the right to do so, that is, they developed it themselves. the client though, yes, they'd be in trouble for that.

If anything, since the game is dead it clearly fits the requirements for reverse engineering for compatibility purposes(Sega Enterprises Ltd. v. Accolade, Inc.)

lightbane

Arcane
The issue is that Atlus has gone crazy and is acting erratically lately. Or outright evilly, seeing they released Soul Hackers 2 with Denuvo DRM. Perhaps they want to recycle Imagine later, or they don't want their older (and better) games to be known lest sheeple realize how much has Atlus fallen quality-wise. Or perhaps they have too many bored lawyers.

Caim

Arcane
Yeah, Google's only giving refunds on Stadia because not doing so will result in more expensive lawsuits.

Probably because nobody owns a Stadia.

Strig

Learned
I always liked this game despite its MANY faults as I have a soft spot for secluded islands, ghost stories, Art Deco and mansions. I would love a more consistent remake with the same storyline. The enemy roster and generally wonky design doesn't do it justice. Come to think of it Realms of the Haunting suffers from similar issues and even more so with its absolutely dreadful gunplay.

Also, screw you, Ross, this is a fun banger. :argh:

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
It's impressive how Ross can make a near hour long video of what's essentially a condensed lets play so entertaining, especially considering the types of games he plays.

Morpheus Kitami

Liturgist
I had forgotten about the jumping mechanics. I think it was slightly better than that, but IIRC, I was playing in an emulated Windows machine when I last played it. It must have been for me to have forgotten about the hell room.
What I do remember, and I guess this gives some point to the theory that he has too much ammo because of mouse controls, was the wine cellar section where I was basically completely out of ammo except for the molotovs, which was exactly as fun as Ross said it was.

Last edited:

Morpheus Kitami

Liturgist
Its weird how Ross keeps managing to find these sports games that are only interesting because nobody has managed to do them right since they came out.
Third video this year.
See ya in 2023, hopefully...
I think he has someone to edit these videos for him now, so we should see something else before Christmas. At the very least a Freeman's Mind since he was talking about the massive amount of time since the last one.

Reever

Scholar
Patron
This game (along-side Heavy Rain) told me all I needed to know about the fraud that is David Cage. The fact that someone that is completely incapable of writing a coherent story, even when you're stealing most of it from movies/books, can continue to make successful games that are praised for their storytelling is just baffling to me.
Also the part where you're having a flashback of the MC as a kid came back to me like some repressed memory.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
You can tell even good-natured Ross got pissed off by the game. When I reached the police arrest scene I just laughed and laughed and uninstalled the game.

And the other Cage games are pretty much exactly the same sort of stupidity and pseudointellectual rambling.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom