Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Ross's Game Dungeon (from Freeman's Mind guy)

Caim

Arcane
And the other Cage games are pretty much exactly the same sort of stupidity and pseudointellectual rambling.
I've never played the other games so I have to assume that Detroit: Become Human is about a police robot that turns into the Terminator before the halfway point.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
And the other Cage games are pretty much exactly the same sort of stupidity and pseudointellectual rambling.
I've never played the other games so I have to assume that Detroit: Become Human is about a police robot that turns into the Terminator before the halfway point.
No it's about "Robots are like Black people in the 1960s" but also "Jews in the 1940s." There's an actual scene in a robot death camp.

Caim

Arcane
No it's about Robots are like Black people in the 1960s but also Jews in the 1940s. There's an actual scene in a robot death camp.
So it's malcolm.exe, got it.

Reever

Scholar
Patron
is the game really that awful or is Ross exaggerating?
I think he's mostly on point. Like he said, the murder mystery part in the beginning (mostly the diner scene) is pretty good and sets a good tone but the rest of the game is garbage (flashback sequences especially) and just veers off into incoherent Matrix-Sci-Fi-Illuminati bullshit. As far as David Cage games are concerned I do think that Beyond Two Souls is worse and way more embarrassing.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
after watching the video all I have to ask is:
Game definitely has problems, and the narrative is all over the place as the writers either give up or had no idea where to go next, but Ross gets too caught up on Simon Says inputs and develops tunnel vision over it. He's started doing that more often with new videos.

Caim

Arcane
From what I've seen of David Cage is that he's a man whose vision and dreams eclipse his abilities. He's got interesting ideas but he fails to translate them to something workable. It's like if Steve Ditko never had a Stan Lee to translate his mad visions into something coherent and marketable.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
after watching the video all I have to ask is:
It is.
The idea that you go through all that effort to cover up a crime just to be required to be caught and go full Jedi is honestly rather hilarious.
The excuse if I recall correctly was that it was supposed to be three games and they had to cut it down heavily. Bullshit of course.

Codex Year of the Donut
No it's about "Robots are like Black people in the 1960s" but also "Jews in the 1940s." There's an actual scene in a robot death camp.

cringe-meme.gif

Berekän

A life wasted
Patron
I remember playing the demo for the game at the time and being really impressed. Of course, the demo only had the part at the diner (both points of view) and when you get the full game it's all downhill from there :hahano:

Ghulgothas

Arcane
Fahrenheit is notable in David Cage's body of work for starting out promising, but then nosediving in quality as it goes on (which is worse than just being out-&-out bad IMHO). Heavy Rain is mediocre throughout, and Beyond Two Souls and Detroit are dreadful start to finish.

Omikron is charming francojank; bizarre translated dialogue, wonky animated polygon models, and avant art direction marked with a partially Bowie-composed soundtrack.

lightbane

Arcane
I remember Fahrenheit. I liked the demo, so I got the game for my PS2 and tried to finish it ASAP, as these were the times you could still rent games. At first, I noticed something was off, but I didn't think it thoroughly until I finished the game. Then I started thinking back on what I played, what I saw, and yeah, it was pure inanity.
Cage hasn't gotten any better, although his stories are sometimes unintentionally hilarious, especially when you hit a bug or fail so hard you break the script:

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Hey remember when he got Ellen Page to mocap a shower scene?

Also he sure loves his almost-rape scenes that go nowhere and have no impact on the story.

Caim

Arcane
I kinda feel sad for Page. First you get turned into a weird sex object by David Cage of all people, then you fall for the trans meme and willingly choose to become a manlet.

Zariusz

Arbiter
I think i watched some lets play of this like a decade ago, the only things that i remembered was cool beginning, yo yo scene and bullshit matrix wannabe moments.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom