Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Community RPG Codex GOTY 2022: Results & Cool Graphs

Peachcurl

Cipher
Wow, I'm surprised Bloody Spell and ELEX 2 got such low scores. I enjoyed them a lot. But apparently to 'dex consensus they are vastly inferior to The Impregnation of the Elves and Super Lesbian Animal RPG.
I enjoyed them somewhat, sure. Fun games. (now that I think of it... did I vote for Bloody Spell? huh...)

But they aren't great. Their rank isn't the problem I'd say.

I think I forgot to vote for Bloody Spell as well. There were too many damn games on that list I guess.

LostHisMarbles

Learned
And i will once more ask, in vain as always, why the FUCK do we need "tuned algorithms" for something as fucking simple as "most guys voted for 'x' game", the end.
Who can possibly think this artificial crap is fair? And if isn't, that it bears any import?

(i don't want the head spastic to answer me, his very nature forbids him from approaching this in any sensible way; i want someone else to reply, anyone really; call it your good deed of the day)

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
And i will once more ask, in vain as always, why the FUCK do we need "tuned algorithms" for something as fucking simple as "most guys voted for 'x' game".
So it's not just a popularity contest, and Elden Right doesn't automatically win just because every tard played it...? :negative:

LostHisMarbles

Learned
So it's not just a popularity contest

This can be interpreted two ways, but in the off chance you weren't trolling the old fart:
We define best, can be the one game you liked the most (as in "if you had to choose just 1"), can be something else.
We do a users only voting, we do it transparently; most votes? Number 1, winner. Right after? Number 2. Simple, to the point.

You (figuratively) want fancy? Why not if you have the time.
Add a second or even third voting;
Which game had the best combat?
Which game was the most challenging?
Which game offered the most intriguing story/lore?
etc.

Straight stuff. Fair. To the fucking point.
El spastico is just playing with his excel buttans here, i mean, i don't know, is it really just me on this one? Why complicate only so as to obscure, lol

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
This can be interpreted two ways, but in the off chance you weren't trolling the old fart:
We define best, can be the one game you liked the most (as in "if you had to choose just 1"), can be something else.
We do a users only voting, we do it transparently; most votes? Number 1, winner. Right after? Number 2. Simple, to the point.

Do you not realize that under this system, we could very likely have ended up with a poll that had 50% Elden Ring, 40% KOTC2 and 10% everything else?

And that in other years it could be a single game with 90%?

You'd be taking the opinions that 90% of your voters had on all the other games and throwing them in the trash.

We're trying to get data here. As much as of it as possible. Don't like the ranking algorithm? Make your own and post your top ten. The data is there.

Last edited:

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Fairly predictable results, as usual. I'm happy KoTC and King Arthur got some recognition.

1676734826759.png

1676734929444.png

I totally had the odds on the lesbian furry game beating this one out.

Humanophage

Arcane
Top-10 by points if you cut off people with under 200 posts (not really a codexer) and people registered in 2015 or later (newfags and alts):

250​
Elden Ring
148​
Knights of the Chalice 2: Augury of Chaos
112​
Expeditions: Rome
112​
Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord
108​
ELEX II
77​
King Arthur: Knight's Tale
75​
Persona 5 Royal
70​
Black Geyser: Couriers of Darkness
51​
Symphony of War: The Nephilim Saga
48​
Chained Echoes

(n=129)

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
1676736455358.png

Lol wtf, :love:

1676736005966.png

lukaszek sorry bro.

1676736185203.png

1676736631978.png

:what:

Elex II not even in the top 100. I guess it wasn't good then, if even Codex doesn't like it.

Attachments

• 1676736223453.png
    1676736223453.png
    1.6 KB · Views: 93

barricade

Educated
so since elden ring doesn't count because it isn't an rpg, KOTC2 literally destroyed everything in that list and finished in first place. that's all i needed to see. i'm out.

LostHisMarbles

Learned
We're trying to get data here

Thanks for replying of course;
You want data, you can get data in a way similar to what i said. Many votes, for all segments that make or unmake a game.
You get your data.
And the users get to see results that haven't been tampered by one person's view on how to interpret their preferences.
'Cause that's not voting.. or rather, it seems (ugly) very close to what passes for voting; elsewhere :)

They way you want your data.. look at what you told me, lol
You want to know the real data Marbles? Make your own algorithm and find out.
Now repeat that, tell me how it reads to you. And remind yourself it was you making this statement.

You discard all logic so as to implement a flawed, obscure and heavily based on a single person's viewpoint popularity contest.
Yet despite being flawed (because it's obscure and artificial), you tell me you get your data.
Flawed, aritificial -> Infinitron's happy with the data he's getting.

By all means tell me where i misunderstood you.

Dadd

Learned
We're trying to get data here

Thanks for replying of course;
You want data, you can get data in a way similar to what i said. Many votes, for all segments that make or unmake a game.
You get your data.
And the users get to see results that haven't been tampered by one person's view on how to interpret their preferences.
'Cause that's not voting.. or rather, it seems (ugly) very close to what passes for voting; elsewhere :)

They way you want your data.. look at what you told me, lol
You want to know the real data Marbles? Make your own algorithm and find out.
Now repeat that, tell me how it reads to you. And remind yourself it was you making this statement.

You discard all logic so as to implement a flawed, obscure and heavily based on a single person's viewpoint popularity contest.
Yet despite being flawed (because it's obscure and artificial), you tell me you get your data.
Flawed, aritificial -> Infinitron's happy with the data he's getting.

By all means tell me where i misunderstood you.
I wish you would stop abusing the semicolon.

LostHisMarbles

Learned
Dadd can you show me where? Not being an a-hole, honest enquiry.

* There are two popular (both of which correct) uses of it which by definition fall out of the 'abuse' category. And i don't see me ever having used it in a third/other way.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I had nothing to do with the elven or lesbian rpgs.

I can willingly take the blame for many others.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom