Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

RPG Codex Location - Discuss! [Spoilers]

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
I think I found it but I am not sure..

The Club of Refined and Prestigious Gentlemen (RPG?)

Has a book with several codex members names in it (I don't recognize them all because I am a newfag)
Has a jacked muscle wizard named Jaesun
Inside a Brothel with a mute prostitute (So Edgy)

I am 99% sure this is it but I was hoping for more resemblance / more cameo. Or maybe it just flies over my head.

In Before Join Date.

2015-03-27_00001_zpsqqd4fhn5.jpg

2015-03-27_00002_zpsfmj1qxc2.jpg

2015-03-27_00003_zpscxpprknb.jpg

2015-03-27_00004_zps23wji1qy.jpg

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Ayup you found it.

Would you or one of the other moderators / codex staff be willing to give out some Spoiler tagged information about what you originally submitted, what all the cameo's mean ect..?
I would personally enjoy hearing how different this area was from what you guys originally designed and just general insight about the location.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
I believe Crooked Bee submitted that information.

I think most of the stuff promised made it in.

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Weapons sold by Vincent Dwellier also made by us. Most of them lack pro(s)per history/background though :/

Wait you can buy weapons from him? How? I just killed them all..

You have to equip the ring...

Ahh Thanks.. I was confused for a bit :salute:

Are you fucking with me? What kind of ring?

Jesus, you really need a quest compass, huh?

There's a guy in Hollywood who sells condoms. There's a special one in his inventory that you need to equip to access the shrine.

edit: oh wait, IIRC there was also a 'broken condom' that you get from a toaster somewhere. It might be that one and not the stuff the dude sells.

eric__s

ass hater
Developer
Gotta say, the Club for Prestigious and Refined Gentlemen is pretty great.

vZ5SNOK.png

Treave's Spear was the first exceptional spear I found so I picked it up. The Daenysis rapier is really good too, I'd pick that up if I had a rapier user.

Last edited:

hiver

You paid good money for it.

I wonder though... what would the name be if there wasnt 10k paid for false PR. haha.

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Still hoping Crooked Bee / Infinitron / Someone can give us a spoiler tagged Write up that went to Obsidian or explain how the weapons came about.

Would love the Not Long; Did Read version behind this.

Deleted member 7219

GameBanshee got a location AND a fucking quest.

I am disappointed.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Immortal Not gonna disclose everything we submitted but here's the gist of it

MAJESTICALLY MAJOR GAEM RUINING SPOILERS INSIDE

1. The general idea and location of the club + 4 named Codex NPCs made it in (Jaesun and VD are the two obvious ones but there are 2 more, duh). Some of the jokes (the ring, some of the dialogue, complaints about new members, etc.) did make it in too.

2. Getting the ring was supposed to be more difficult, and there was also supposed to be an alternative way of entering the club (via Jaesun, who was supposed to play a bigger role) - a small quest if you will, which unfortunately they chose not to implement.

3. The Codex NPCs were supposed to have a few lines of dialogue each, but only one actually has any dialogue to speak of. VD in particular was supposed to have a cool background that we even took pains to tie into the game's lore, but alas. Plus they were also supposed to have short descriptions when you initiate conversation with them.

4. Gilt Blade of Lorn has the description we submitted, though it was also supposed to be useless when picked up which they fucked up by having VD sell it and it being an actually useful sword.

5. CRPG Membership Ring is almost as submitted + some text in Old Aedyran.

6. The items that VD is selling were submitted by Codex donors per our fundraiser's terms.

7. The club guestbook is as requested. The names inside are those of the donors.

A pretty cool location on the whole, even if Obsidian are obviously lazy hacks.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
the entire salty mast should have been a codex location, with whores named after codexers

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom