Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Codex Preview RPG Codex Preview: Knights of the Chalice 2 - Augury of Chaos

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Ah sorry I can't read
Can you show me where I can turn on the tutorial?

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
he gave wrong intel the whole squad got killed

I thought converted to ismal?

Soviet nostalgia? "Aaah yes, game so hard it remind me of life in glorious Soviet Union!"

It actually was way easier than today.

They do the same with their STALKER mods very often.

Try ОП 2.1 bro hahah. No, seriously some mods are made like that on intent -because all others are won many times.
This one was made like that 100% intentinally.

Tomas

Educated
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
You got it wrong its Dark roxxor who played it , infinitron would have a severe allergic reaction as there's too much of rpg into it, but you may be a new codexer so you dont know. Infinitron is a mossad agent who fucked up during service,short story , he gave wrong intel the whole squad got killed, so he was demoted and transfered to media control department .But at the lowest place possible a job no one wants, RPGCODEX news poster.
Second you are way off its not playable and enjoyable by just a few veteran masochists , if you know the rules and builds by heart, play d&d since the 80's its still unplayable and require winning iniative.

That is a distinguished carrier, how many confirmed kills does he have? I wish it was not true but unfortunately by reading the review, he has definitely played the game.

Without pointing any fingers, few of the people who managed to beat the game did it by tweaking the module, and/or by joining Pierre's discord channel where they were given hints on how to beat the fights.

This may be a big nono in the community here, but as a rpg game developer you could do a lot worse than measure yourself against Bioware (turn of the century) standards. I'd want my game to be well received and sell well. When Pathfinder Kingmaker first came out, it had exactly the same problems (difficulty and bugs and they had to quickly patch it).

So if the bugs get addressed (which they are being), and there is a guide (which I think there is one being made) - may be the game can stay as is but I doubt that is enough. Right now, six months after the release there is not a single let's play on YouTube. There is only Pierre and his wipe fests.

Mortmal

Arcane
You got it wrong its Dark roxxor who played it , infinitron would have a severe allergic reaction as there's too much of rpg into it, but you may be a new codexer so you dont know. Infinitron is a mossad agent who fucked up during service,short story , he gave wrong intel the whole squad got killed, so he was demoted and transfered to media control department .But at the lowest place possible a job no one wants, RPGCODEX news poster.
Second you are way off its not playable and enjoyable by just a few veteran masochists , if you know the rules and builds by heart, play d&d since the 80's its still unplayable and require winning iniative.

That is a distinguished carrier, how many confirmed kills does he have? I wish it was not true but unfortunately by reading the review, he has definitely played the game.

Without pointing any fingers, few of the people who managed to beat the game did it by tweaking the module, and/or by joining Pierre's discord channel where they were given hints on how to beat the fights.

This may be a big nono in the community here, but as a rpg game developer you could do a lot worse than measure yourself against Bioware (turn of the century) standards. I'd want my game to be well received and sell well. When Pathfinder Kingmaker first came out, it had exactly the same problems (difficulty and bugs and they had to quickly patch it).

So if the bugs get addressed (which they are being), and there is a guide (which I think there is one being made) - may be the game can stay as is but I doubt that is enough. Right now, six months after the release there is not a single let's play on YouTube. There is only Pierre and his wipe fests.
A guide is not nearly enough, module need to be completely revamped ,the cheat options are not the answer. At release it was impossible to put a lets play on youtube, who's going to watch a guy reloading each fight. Pathfinder had lot of bugs part of the game completely unplayable, but the difficulty at release was nowhere near comparable as the horror show kotc 2 release was.

Dickie

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
A guide is not nearly enough, module need to be completely revamped ,the cheat options are not the answer.
This is what I really hope Pierre realizes, but it seems like he doesn't. Adding the damned initiative bonus cheat really underscores that he's fine with the fact that players need to win initiative to win.

At release it was impossible to put a lets play on youtube, who's going to watch a guy reloading each fight.
At least the game loads your saves super fast, so they won't have to fill load screens with jibber jabber. But seriously, yeah, I can't imagine watching some dude reload the spider queen fight 50 times. I wonder how many plays Pierre recorded before picking which to put out as combat demos. Was that the best he could do after 10 tries? 20?

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
A guide is not nearly enough, module need to be completely revamped ,the cheat options are not the answer.
This is what I really hope Pierre realizes, but it seems like he doesn't. Adding the damned initiative bonus cheat really underscores that he's fine with the fact that players need to win initiative to win.

At release it was impossible to put a lets play on youtube, who's going to watch a guy reloading each fight.
At least the game loads your saves super fast, so they won't have to fill load screens with jibber jabber. But seriously, yeah, I can't imagine watching some dude reload the spider queen fight 50 times. I wonder how many plays Pierre recorded before picking which to put out as combat demos. Was that the best he could do after 10 tries? 20?

The fact the man who designed the encounters can't beat the game fairly (without savescumming initiative and spell casts anyhow), doesn't exactly provide a ringing endorsement of the encounter design.

The best combat focused RPGs have difficult combats that feel like puzzles, once you get a solution(s) the fight is cracked in a satisfying manner. KOTC 2 combats mostly feel like pure RNGfests.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Thanks for the great and entertaining review Darth Roxor . The game looks great but this initial module... uhh...No, thanks.
I am looking forward to content made by a bit less insane people, though.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom