Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

RPGCodex needs an acronym

Spazmo

Erudite
Whenever I'm referring to this fine institution (hey, why not?) someplace else, I find myself typing out the whole RPG Codex. This kinda bugs me. Most sites have a handy acronym that refers to them. Duck and Cover has DAC. Terra-Arcanum has TA. The Interplay boards have IPLY. For RPG Codex, nothing really springs to mind. RPG doesn't work, RC neither. We need to find something that works. Please, nine characters is too many!

Zetor

Arcane
I just use 'Codex, myself... it's not as if there are hundreds of sites with 'codex' in their names on the intarweb. :P

-- Z.

Sol Invictus

Erudite
The only sites with Codex in their name are Myth sites and they're long gone, thanks to the disaster that was Myth 3.

Section8

Cipher
I go for the Codex. It even works well with curses. ie "Hey, Drotcot Ray Mukzya t3h fucking Codex is hakx0ingror our ablity to max0rk t3h gamez again. The fcukgin codxe is so wrong, we're sooooo ace like s8kr bos and shit, eh?"

HanoverF

Arcane
Patron
MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Howsabout CodeXtreme!!!!

cause Xtreme is what all the kids are about these days :P :roll:

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Codex is a fine name, it's nice, it has a ring, it speaks of ancient annals, of things long forgotten ( that unfortunately include a fine art of role-playing these days ) and of efforts of a handful of people trying to preserve the ancient teaching of choices and consequences thereof. It's a fitting name. :)

EEVIAC

Erudite
I'd suggest Rx personally. I quote :

Rx
n.
1. A prescription for medicine or a medical appliance.
2. A remedy, cure, or solution for a disorder or problem.

The second is pretty much the way I feel about role playing at the moment.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
A solution for a problem....it's nice, it's simple, it's deep, I like it :) The only thing, Rx does not have a good sound. How about Rex or C-Rex - King Codex? :D All in favour say aye.

EEVIAC

Erudite
The pronunciation would be "ahr-ex" rather than rex (wrecks.) I pretty much just use the full RPGCodex when referring to the site, not being averse to typing. (Although this post would slightly disprove that statement.)

Oh, and is it just me or is the "edit" function not working in the "site feedback" section? Since the update I've edited posts elsewhere but can't seem to here.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom