Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Rpgcodex.net -> About

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Clean install. In fact, you may want to demagnetize your computer while you're at it. Just get a bigass magnet and run it across your components in figure-8 movements.

:troll:

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Not even funny; it'd take literally five minutes to write a tiny editorial for it to direct to. Herp.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Every button between Gallery and Contact Us gives me a 404, now that I checked them. Pretty sure Games and Companies used to work before the forum upgrade.

Not terribly bothered, considering I haven't used any of these buttons in over a year, but it's not very professional. If they're too much trouble to fix* I suggest taking them out entirely.

* You may want to fix the Donations one though...

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Assuming the About button "worked", what would it say? "Hello! This is a website about RPGs. It's very nice."
Personally, I find the mystery of the buttons' existence to be a lot more interesting. Look at the community dialogue it has created already!

EG

Nullified
Assuming the About button "worked", what would it say? "Hello! This is a website about RPGs. It's very nice."
Personally, I find the mystery of the buttons' existence to be a lot more interesting. Look at the community dialogue it has created already!

Could just link it to the Sorcerers.net description. :smug:

RPG Codex is a fan site for single-player PC RPGs. There’s no coverage at all of any MMORPGs or console RPGs on the site. They cover anything from more hardcore RPGs like Fallout or Planescape: Torment to action RPGs like Sacred or Diablo II to hack’n’slash games like Temple of Elemental Evil or Silent Storm (which is essentially a dungeon crawler set in World War II) and even a bunch of games they don’t even like that much. They're somewhat infamous for their nearly unique point of view on BioWare’s smash hit Neverwinter Nights, that point of view being that it sucks. They simply have more strict criteria for what a good RPG is than most sites out there.

By the by, Talunain, what's with the lovely PirateBay-like ads on Sorcerer's Place? Every left-mouse click seems to trigger a lovely CNN scam site.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Just remove the button then. Leaving buttons all over the place that give 404s is just unprofessional. Especially for such a highbrow magazine.

Could just link it to the Sorcerers.net description. :smug:
That description made me RAGE.

There’s no coverage at all of any MMORPGs or console RPGs on the site.
hardcore RPGs like Fallout or Planescape: Torment
hack’n’slash games like Temple of Elemental Evil.
:x

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Every button between Gallery and Contact Us gives me a 404, now that I checked them. Pretty sure Games and Companies used to work before the forum upgrade.
Hmmm... Try checking them again.

DwarvenFood

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Hmmm... Try checking them again.
They all don't work. If you like the design, keep the buttons but make them non-clickable. Easy solution, and mild trolling at the same time.

Menckenstein

Lunacy of Caen: Todd Reaver
Should just link to RPG Watch or GameFAQs if someone needs an awesome button to learn what this site is about.

EG

Nullified
xiwMs.png

Well, usually CNN. Sorry for the poor quality of text. I'll grab a better one tonight.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom