Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

RPGs where you can roleplay as serial killer

Fargus

Arcane
I remember watching serial killer rogue-like video few years ago. Sadly it was a hoax. So any other games where you can roleplay a serial killer, carefully planning the next murder?

I know for sure Morrowind is one of those games. It has tons of npcs, with no other purpose in life than to wander around aimlessly or stand on the same spot all day and night. Even their greetings is like desperate scream for help. Whenever they say "wealth beyond measure" for 1000x time all i hear "please, kill me". You'd be doing them a favor by ending their meaningless existence. Not to mention that even essential npcs can be killed. You can just go to someone's house, paralize them and slowly murder them with your dagger. Slowly because your short blades skill is too low and you can't hit shit.

And there are mods that add black soul gems, you can imprison your victim forever in a soul gem. Or mod that adds different skulls and organs you can collect as a trophy.

Last edited:

Fargus

Arcane
M&M 6-8 allows you to go on a genocide; anyways I reported you to the authorities, just in case.

You can mindlessly genocide in pretty much any game. I'm talking about something up close and personal. When you can prepare your next murder, use spells to increase someones suffering, take trophies.

Last edited:

PorkBarrellGuy

Mister Sandman runs in nuFallout maybe? Combine with Cannibal for even more edge.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Just look for games with NPC schedules and the ability to murder anyone and there you go.

bataille

Arcane
There're some obscure, weird Japanese rape and murder simulators out there. Personally, I wouldn't recommend you playing them in your state, keh keh.

Seriously, though, there is only one game that comes to mind and it's 'an RPG' due to the grace of being an RPG Maker game only.

https://rpgmaker.net/games/2068/

You've been warned.

Martyr

Arcane
Royal Sorcerer Navlaan (Dark Souls 2) recruits you to kill 4 friendly NPCs (talk to him while being hollow). yeah I know, 4 isn't that much. but there were real-life "serial killers" who murdered less people (Ed Gein comes to mind).

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Poisoning people in Ultima VII is a great way to rob them blind. Then you drag their bloodied corpse to Lord British and have them revived like the virtuous Avatar that you are.

Shackleton

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Let's face it, most RPG's have you playing a barely-controlled psychopath who murders pretty much everyone and everything who looks at them funny. Gotta get that XP, boyo!

:evilcodex:

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Just look for games with NPC schedules and the ability to murder anyone and there you go.

Isn't that kinda pointless without some way to calculate how close authorities are of getting you according to the clues you leave behind (purposefully or not)?
It's not an rpg unless a drunken private investigator can identify me through an investigation of the Tarot card I left at the crime scene.

PorkBarrellGuy

Fuck, actually, how cool would that be? An RPG where you could be a serial killer with all the trappings. And then for an alternate game mode, you could play the investigator.

I kind of want to sit down with a piece of paper and brainstorm this into a solid concept now.

buffalo bill

Arcane

Isn't that kinda pointless without some way to calculate how close authorities are of getting you according to the clues you leave behind (purposefully or not)?
It's not an rpg unless a drunken private investigator can identify me through an investigation of the Tarot card I left at the crime scene.
Sounds like how Disco Elysium is being described.

Wysardry

Augur
Patron
Fuck, actually, how cool would that be? An RPG where you could be a serial killer with all the trappings. And then for an alternate game mode, you could play the investigator.

I kind of want to sit down with a piece of paper and brainstorm this into a solid concept now.
Make sure you include the option to be both. ;)

Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
carefully planning the next murder

Sounds like some faggy shit tbh. I much prefer to indiscriminately slaughter everything in my way, and everything on some detours too. Arcanum, ToEE, Fallout, Serpent in the Staglands, and to a certain degree, Planetscape: Tournaments and Underrail, allow you to kill pretty much every motherfucker.

Last edited:

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron

It would make for a great 1v1 tabletop thing, if properly developed.

Fargus

Arcane
carefully planning the next murder

Sounds like some faggy shit tbh. I much prefer to indiscriminately slaughter everything in my way, and everything on some detours too. Arcanum, ToEE, Fallout, Serpent in the Staglands, and to a certain degree, Planetscape: Tournaments and Underrail, allows you to kill pretty much every motherfucker.

Everyone does it. In some games its almost impossible to go through town without starting a rampage.

One of my characters in Arcanum was a half-ogre tech. After the quest about half-ogre conspiracy i started to murder gnomes in Tarant one by one, using paralizator and strong poison. Usually at night, avoiding guard patrols and potential witnesses.

vota DC

Augur
Deus Ex, you can also carry corpses where you want.
They used this trick to carry knocked people that would be killed by other guys just to frame poor JC!

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
The first thing I do in any GTA is murder as many people as possible.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Actually, RK47 did an absolutely wonderful lp of Arcanum where he did exactly that. with ton of great larping.
pictures probably don't work anymore tho.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom