Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

RPGWatch was going to shut down - taken over by Taluntain instead!

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
I'd add Oregon and I live here.

racofer

Thread Incliner
S6zvwE7.jpg

Viata

Arcane
Post-apocalyptic is a shit setting.

Fite me!
It's not. It's just that after Fallout, any other rpg that used the setting tried to be Fallout too. And they all suck at it. We are lucky Wasteland 1 was released before it, otherwise it wouldn't be so great.

Avantre

Educated
Even our thread about their closing down is growing faster than their thread about closing down. When we finally close down our thread about closing down will grow so fast that we'll be forced to close down.
Does it really count as growing faster when half of this thread is people crapping their diapers about politics in Fallout, a longbow that even Legolas couldn't pull into making it about RPGWatch?

Codex Year of the Donut
Even our thread about their closing down is growing faster than their thread about closing down. When we finally close down our thread about closing down will grow so fast that we'll be forced to close down.
Does it really count as growing faster when half of this thread is people crapping their diapers about politics in Fallout, a longbow that even Legolas couldn't pull into making it about RPGWatch?
It's entirely fitting that a thread about codex defeating the watch is about Fallout, yes.

Alex

Arcane
just realized a bunch of non-americans love fallout because they thought it was anti-capitalist lol
o7kqhxkcd7z21.jpg

It is a bit like Robocop. Sure, there are a lot of political ideas that were put into the work by the creators, but at least they knew enough to make those ideas take the back seat so that you can enjoy the game/move despite of them.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Unlike other platforms which claim to allow free speech, but then censor or ban you for having an opinion, we at the RPG Codex(Tm) do not ostracize people for having a different opinion.

The fact that you are wrong does not mean you aren't entitled to be wrong.

Not so sure about this anymore.... I was banned from posting for over a year just because I called out some woke and overly political RPG devs. I don't like woke or politics in my RPGs. And no ugly chicks please. :) That's pretty much all we get now and the games turn out so bad because of it. Just like all the bad woke movies. So I think the Codex isn't much behind RPGWatch really. You know what they say, get woke, go broke.

For me, it's not really fun here anymore because I feel like I'm walking on egg shells now. I'm actually confused about what I can post here because I will just get banned again if I cross some imaginary line or talk against some woke shit in RPGs that the mods may be shilling for. I'm sure others feel like that too. That is really bad for free speech and will just encourage more and more mediocrity and censorship until all there is left is a woke echo chamber that will end up just becoming irrelevant like RPGWatch. Oh well.

:negative:
What was the post or posts that got you turned into a postergeist? I mean you weren't fully banned since you could still rate posts.

Late Bloomer

Scholar
Not so sure about this anymore.... I was banned from posting for over a year just because I called out some woke and overly political RPG devs. I don't like woke or politics in my RPGs. And no ugly chicks please. :) That's pretty much all we get now and the games turn out so bad because of it. Just like all the bad woke movies. So I think the Codex isn't much behind RPGWatch really. You know what they say, get woke, go broke.

For me, it's not really fun here anymore because I feel like I'm walking on egg shells now. I'm actually confused about what I can post here because I will just get banned again if I cross some imaginary line or talk against some woke shit in RPGs that the mods may be shilling for. I'm sure others feel like that too. That is really bad for free speech and will just encourage more and more mediocrity and censorship until all there is left is a woke echo chamber that will end up just becoming irrelevant like RPGWatch. Oh well.

:negative:

Yeah not sure if I believe that. Lets see what you posted. Fill in the details.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I was going to say you Watch guys can come visit NMA but keep your tranny shit the fuck away from our forum please.
:nocountryforshitposters:
Nigga have you seen the forum,recently ? Two thirds of the posters don't care about the game and come here only to whine about muh politics,half of them are fucking trannies....not that much different percent compared to the rpg fans in there tho.

Jack Of Owls

Arcane
As an experiment, I intentionally tried to get banned from rpgwatch once about year or two ago. I insulted the senior mods and admin non-stop; I turned off all filter inhibitions and just spewed whatever came to mind, no matter how offensive. It didn't matter how obnoxious I was, they wouldn't ban me; they wouldn't even give me a warning. No wonder they're closing down if they would have people like me for a member.

Gastrick

Cipher
I remember thinking "WTF is RPGWatch" whenever I first heard it here. I was surprised at how dead it was when I went to check what it was. Make no mistake, this was a while coming. For such a general forum to be so dead, it was a clear sign it wasn't long for the world.
It's not closing because it's dead. It's closing because the admin is tired being the admin.
Can't imagine this ever happening to 'dex. Right... guys?
Last post by DarkUnderlord was made more than a week ago.
This is his last post:

ILaduHK.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom