Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

RPGWatch was going to shut down - taken over by Taluntain instead!

Rincewind

Magister
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
just realized a bunch of non-americans love fallout because they thought it was anti-capitalist lol
o7kqhxkcd7z21.jpg

falloutoverthehead.png

Yeah, to me Fallout has always been a mockery of American consumerism and faked/forced optimism. It was clear from the moment I started reading the manual.

Just like the Outlaws in ELEX, all they care about *the credit*, and fuck everybody else.

Late Bloomer

Scholar
Yeah, to me Fallout has always been a mockery of American consumerism and faked/forced optimism. It was clear from the moment I started reading the manual.

Just like the Outlaws in ELEX, all they care about *the credit*, and fuck everybody else.

Mockery? More satire really.

Gastrick

Cipher
just realized a bunch of non-americans love fallout because they thought it was anti-capitalist lol
o7kqhxkcd7z21.jpg

It is a bit like Robocop. Sure, there are a lot of political ideas that were put into the work by the creators, but at least they knew enough to make those ideas take the back seat so that you can enjoy the game/move despite of them.
Not the original game, that one was for the most part apolitical, aside from who the super mutant villains were referencing. The politics started with the second game. I read through the F1 holodisks on the wiki, and main explanation for why it started is that "the war is going in a very bad direction." For the intro scene, I'd love it if America came in to liberate Canada from our communist government. The only problem I see is that the Canadians are going to bring down America from within if given federal votes. The idea that we live in a hard and brutal world has nothing to do with ideology anyway.

Last edited:

Rincewind

Magister
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!

Mockery? More satire really.

Well, the two are very close, but yeah, satire is a better word for it.

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
Even our thread about their closing down is growing faster than their thread about closing down. When we finally close down our thread about closing down will grow so fast that we'll be forced to close down.
Does it really count as growing faster when half of this thread is people crapping their diapers about politics in Fallout, a longbow that even Legolas couldn't pull into making it about RPGWatch?
Could be worse; could be another PoE thread.

buffalo bill

Arcane
Even our thread about their closing down is growing faster than their thread about closing down. When we finally close down our thread about closing down will grow so fast that we'll be forced to close down.
Does it really count as growing faster when half of this thread is people crapping their diapers about politics in Fallout, a longbow that even Legolas couldn't pull into making it about RPGWatch?
Could be worse; could be another PoE thread.
now that you mention it...
https://www.rpgwatch.com/articles/pillars-of-eternity--a-review-309.html
even rpgwatch could tell that the game mechanics sucked (but they praise the story, which also was fucking terrible)

Darth Canoli

Arcane
As the title says - RPGWatch will be closing down soon. I think many people here used to frequent the Watch and many have memories of the friendly kickstarter contests between both sites. So, thought some of you may be interested.

As long-time member but rarely poster of the Codex, I may be seeking refuge here. I'll mostly be lurking as I have done in the past, but you may see my face pop up once in a while to ask questions about games...

Anyway, here's the news below.

It's a good news bad news situation.
No random wanderer will be taken hostage in this dumpster.
On the other hand, some of them will join us, some already have and it shows...

What about closing new inscriptions for 6 month or so so they will settle down elsewhere and forget about us?

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
As an experiment, I intentionally tried to get banned from rpgwatch once about year or two ago. I insulted the senior mods and admin non-stop; I turned off all filter inhibitions and just spewed whatever came to mind, no matter how offensive. It didn't matter how obnoxious I was, they wouldn't ban me; they wouldn't even give me a warning. No wonder they're closing down if they would have people like me for a member.
You should have talked more about your favourite austrian painter.

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
As an experiment, I intentionally tried to get banned from rpgwatch once about year or two ago. I insulted the senior mods and admin non-stop; I turned off all filter inhibitions and just spewed whatever came to mind, no matter how offensive. It didn't matter how obnoxious I was, they wouldn't ban me; they wouldn't even give me a warning. No wonder they're closing down if they would have people like me for a member.

Gustav Klimt?

BruceVC

Magister
As the title says - RPGWatch will be closing down soon. I think many people here used to frequent the Watch and many have memories of the friendly kickstarter contests between both sites. So, thought some of you may be interested.

As long-time member but rarely poster of the Codex, I may be seeking refuge here. I'll mostly be lurking as I have done in the past, but you may see my face pop up once in a while to ask questions about games...

Eventhough my feelings about RPGWatch are no longer the same, I am proud of everything we did and have accomplished in the past years and I really want to thank all of you for being with us.

I'm sorry for bringing this bad news to you.
[/QUOTE]

Well I hope we do see you and other ex-RPGWatch members here on Codex. This is a great place to discuss games, get gaming news and feedback on all types of RPG paraphernalia

And we have interesting and robust political discussions if you enjoy those types of debates. But always remember their is an important and supported policy of true freedom of speech here :cool:

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
I also make mockeries of people by having them create advanced mobile mechanized armor

Fallout is an alternate reality where the 1960's culture wars following the death of President Kennedy never happened ... over the next 40 years American developed technology we can only dream about, advanced beyond imagination in every facet of their lives and ultimately faced the communist threat on their feet at their finest hour and went down fighting like heroes ...

... unlike the modern era, where America faced the communist threat in high heels and push-up bras and klownworld utterly capitulated to their 2020 coup with total submission, making the previous 200 years into a big joke with Chairman Xi lighting his cigar on a flaming fart from an Amerikwan tranny's asshole and congratulating himself on his ability to conquer a nation without firing a shot.

We have no need of nuclear war when all that is left of Amerikwa looks like San Francisco and Seattle, the Chinese would be doing us a huge personal favor to nuke us.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

Gustav Klimt?
Other...

Azalin

Arcane
Patron

Gustav Klimt?
Other...

Egon Schiele?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom