Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

RPGWatch was going to shut down - taken over by Taluntain instead!

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Bullox! I'm near 50 and I post all sorts of trolly shit and opinions. I try to not attack other posters unless I'm being attacked somehow. I might troll ORC-PIGGY POST but meh. You live in fear and you wilt.

Post what you like/hate in games.
Post your opinions.

People will rate or comment or ignore. This site has by far the most free speech I've seen anywhere.

As to Infinitron, can't say I know much about him except news articles he pops up from time to time. But, I'm basically a newbie on this site anyways.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
As an experiment, I intentionally tried to get banned from rpgwatch once about year or two ago. I insulted the senior mods and admin non-stop; I turned off all filter inhibitions and just spewed whatever came to mind, no matter how offensive. It didn't matter how obnoxious I was, they wouldn't ban me; they wouldn't even give me a warning. No wonder they're closing down if they would have people like me for a member.
You should have talked more about your favourite austrian painter.

Gustav Klimt?
Other...

Egon Schiele?
Isidor Kaufmann (1853-1921):

Kauffman_Portrait_Rabbi_with_Prayer_Shawl-huge.jpg

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Dude, your heart seems in the right place but you just sound fucking nuts man. You sound uneasy, unstable and conspiratorial. We are all getting older. But its no excuse to let that be a deciding factor in your happiness. Chill out. There are plenty of old games to play. Plenty of games with girls that are feminine and not feminist, that are sexy/cute or whatever floats your boat. Games free of censorship. Maybe even some new ones made by some devs with their wits still about them or crazy enough to go against the current status quo. Some of them even post here. Don't worry so much about Infinitron or mods or the direction games are going. Yeah its fun to talk shit, crack a joke or two at the state of things. But dont let it dictate who you are. Relax.

There's a happy medium between the concerns expressed and your too sanguine response to them, but I don't get ragging on Infinitron.

He works hard to keep this place going. If he's as clueless as the rest of his cohort I don't see much evidence of it.

Late Bloomer

Scholar
There's a happy medium between the concerns expressed and your too sanguine response to them, but I don't get ragging on Infinitron.

He works hard to keep this place going. If he's as clueless as the rest of his cohort I don't see much evidence of it.

Whatever you imagine getting done in the middle ground simply isnt going to get done here. Have fun. As for Infinitron, I dont know anything about the fella other than the news he posts. I think you need to quote and direct your comment about him towards the nutcase I was responding too.

thelegend

Learned
Can we have rpgwatach vs rpgcodex fight forums similar to what was done during wcw vs wwf invasion wars

Codex Year of the Donut
Can we have rpgwatach vs rpgcodex fight forums similar to what was done during wcw vs wwf invasion wars
If you can find anyone who cares enough to fight about something.

Hey, you RPG Watch people, you... you... like RPGs but you aren't as rude and despicable as we are!
Liking RPGs different to the way I like RPGs is more than enough reason to fight.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
As an experiment, I intentionally tried to get banned from rpgwatch once about year or two ago. I insulted the senior mods and admin non-stop; I turned off all filter inhibitions and just spewed whatever came to mind, no matter how offensive. It didn't matter how obnoxious I was, they wouldn't ban me; they wouldn't even give me a warning. No wonder they're closing down if they would have people like me for a member.
You should have talked more about your favourite austrian painter.

Gustav Klimt?
Other...

Egon Schiele?
Isidor Kaufmann (1853-1921):

Kauffman_Portrait_Rabbi_with_Prayer_Shawl-huge.jpg
:hmmm:
mussolini-hitler.jpg

All these slurs and edgelord bs is why I find it hard to even read this goddamn site much less recommend it when its one of the only crpg sites online with any actual
content.

The silly ass PC Master Race/Decline crap is childish but the Jrpg masses more or less say the same about crpgs just without all the embarrassing ass slurs. You would think the younger crowd would be less mature than a bunch of goddamn grown ass 40 somethings but clearly the majority Gen X crowd here still posts like its a fucking Amiga Warez BBS from 1990. (Just with less 80s bush in images.)

Its friggin pathetic ass incel manchild bullshit. Punching down at groups pretty much being killed and abused to this day in third world shitholes to this day, like Texas.

I want to talk about Ultima and Wizardry and Gold Box. Not some Q Anon brain damaged idiot having conniptions because other people exist.

Idgaf about games being incline decline console pc anime or Ascii. I just want a variety of fun and interesting rpgs to play and decent folks to talk about them with. Why is this so difficult or did 4chan break some of you in ways almost worse than the weebs and bronies?

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
This is why RPGWatch users won't like joining the Codex :(

The discussion just goes completely haywire, which is a shame, because some of the gaming discussions are really interesting.
You mean you don't like smooth transitions from discussing action points and grid movement systems, to discussing if Poland was asking for it in 1939?

Pladio

Educated

The discussion just goes completely haywire, which is a shame, because some of the gaming discussions are really interesting.
You mean you don't like smooth transitions from discussing action points and grid movement systems, to discussing if Poland was asking for it in 1939?

I can stomach it for limited durations, but most people don't, nope.

Lambach

Arcane

All these slurs and edgelord bs is why I find it hard to even read this goddamn site much less recommend it when its one of the only crpg sites online with any actual
content.

The silly ass PC Master Race/Decline crap is childish but the Jrpg masses more or less say the same about crpgs just without all the embarrassing ass slurs. You would think the younger crowd would be less mature than a bunch of goddamn grown ass 40 somethings but clearly the majority Gen X crowd here still posts like its a fucking Amiga Warez BBS from 1990. (Just with less 80s bush in images.)

Its friggin pathetic ass incel manchild bullshit. Punching down at groups pretty much being killed and abused to this day in third world shitholes to this day, like Texas.

I want to talk about Ultima and Wizardry and Gold Box. Not some Q Anon brain damaged idiot having conniptions because other people exist.

Idgaf about games being incline decline console pc anime or Ascii. I just want a variety of fun and interesting rpgs to play and decent folks to talk about them with. Why is this so difficult or did 4chan break some of you in ways almost worse than the weebs and bronies?

Watch cucks activating their sleeper accounts, ITT.

Watch cucks activating their sleeper accounts, ITT.

Or I dunno maybe stuff like what I said are what lots of folks might think who probably just gave up on this place or took one look in the forums and ran screaming?

Ps: its 2022. Nobody uses cuck any more. Seriously. If you want to be a dick come up with something new at least.

Lambach

Arcane
Or I dunno maybe stuff like what I said are what lots of folks might think who probably just gave up on this place or took one look in the forums and ran screaming?

Those folks can always use another Forum with stricter moderation that protects their delicate sensibilities and.... OH NO WAIT, not anymore they can't. :smug:

Ps: its 2022. Nobody uses cuck any more. Seriously. If you want to be dick come up with something new.

OK, cuck.

In all seriousness though, if you just want to talk RPGs, you can do just that and ignore the politics threads or GD. The mods here have stated explicitly several times that they intend to keep RPG and other video-game related threads as shitpost-free as possible, and from what I can tell, 80-90% of the time, they really are. If seeing an occasional slur during a discussion on the merits of turn-based over RtwP system is truly that devastating to your fragile psyche, then you're the one with the problem.

Butter

Arcane
Patron
https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads/the-ultima-series-discussion-thread.103690/
https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads/ssis-gold-box-series-thread.61389/
https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads/the-wizardry-series-thread.80585/

Have at it, Hoss. Nobody shits up those threads because the shittiest posters on this forum also have the shittiest taste and they self-quarantine.

In all seriousness though, if you just want to talk RPGs, you can do just that and ignore the politics threads or GD. The mods here have stated explicitly several times that they intend to keep RPG and other video-game related threads as shitpost-free as possible, and from what I can tell, 80-90% of the time, they really are. If seeing an occasional slur during a discussion on the merits of turn-based over RtwP system is truly that devastating to your fragile psyche, then you're the one with the problem.

The problem is? Its embarrassing as hell. Fucking completely embarrassing.

It makes everyone here and in some degree crpgs in general look like a thing solely for tremendously childish assholes. And that's just the people who are posting to be edgy or ironic. I don't even want to think that there are people who are genuinely reading stuff like the Turner Diaries or Elders of Zion here.

Its just sad as shit, ya dig?

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
All these slurs and edgelord bs is why I find it hard to even read this goddamn site
Yeah, I agr...
silly ass PC Master Race (...) childish (...) ass slurs. (...)goddamn grown ass 40 somethings (...)fucking Amiga Warez BBS from 1990.
(...)friggin pathetic ass incel manchild bullshit. (...) third world shitholes (...)like Texas. (...)Q Anon brain damaged idiot having conniptions (...) did 4chan break some of you in ways almost worse than the weebs and bronies?

:what:

Sarathiour

Cipher

Lambach

Arcane
The problem is? Its embarrassing as hell. Fucking completely embarrassing.

It makes everyone here and in some degree crpgs in general look like a thing solely for tremendously childish assholes.

Are you 15 or something? This utterly desperate need for outside peer group approval is something most commonly found in teenagers, it largely goes away after you're done with puberty.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom