Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

RPGWatch was going to shut down - taken over by Taluntain instead!

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
There will be some changes, like ads being introduced again to pay for the servers (which you can donate money for to not see them). And there will be a move to Xenforo for our forums.

- Tal

Trashos

Arcane
"And some arrived from the border,
and told us barbarians no longer exist.

And now what will happen without barbarians.
Those people were a sort of solution."

C. Kavafis

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
Looks like RPGWatch got a reprieve and won't be closing (https://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50224), but will instead be hosted by Sorcerer's Place (and its owner) with Myrthos stepping away.

After taking out the inattentive guards inside the compound fence I used my stealthiest approach to slowly descend the basement steps where my agents had told me the RPGWatch was being held captive. I found myself at the very bottom inhaling filthy air in semidarkness looking at a hideous ragged figure squatting in the mud with a portable phone gaffer taped to his hand. The once great RPGWatch had been chained to the wall by its captors and forced to take phone sex calls from wealthy Asians in Hong Kong who wanted LadyBoy fantasies fulfilled.

"I'm here to rescue you," I announced. "Stand up and I will cut your chains."

The ragged figure stopped in the middle of the call he had been servicing and motioned with lunatic self-loathing to his surroundings. "I don't wanted to be rescued. I have been forced to do terrible things here. I cannot forget how I was once a mainstream RPG forum that was taken seriously in this world." It began sobbing. "I don't need you to liberate me. I want you to kill me so that I can be remembered as I once was ... not some vile Ladyboy phone whore."

I respected his wishes and thought he deserved to determine if he ever wanted to escape. Nodding to him with a final token of respect, I removed my shirt and flexed my lats in a full frontal pose, blocking all IF radiation from the ceiling and any that might be coming in through the stairs behind me. The RPGWatch screamed briefly and froze solid in the resulting absolute zero that followed.

Relaxing my lats and realizing my work here was done, I ascended the stairs sparing one final glance at the Ladyboy phone whore and realizing that a single tear was rolling down the frigid statue's cheek. If only all men could choose how they wished to be remembered. People would never know of the RPGWatch's humiliation after they were traded for a pack of cigarettes by Taluntain.

just

Liturgist
move to xenforo, merge their database with codex, redirect domain here
enjoy
some duplicated threads but who cares, nothing mods cant handle

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom