Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

RPGWatch was going to shut down - taken over by Taluntain instead!

Shagnak

Shagadelic
Sorry guys, looks like we'll be sharing server cooties, as predicted.

(Though we've actually been sharing user cooties for years; I've certainly been making sure to spread them around)

Where will you go now when Taluntain's servers go down?

There will be no merging of the Codex and the Watch, that much I can definitely say. So anyone fantasizing about that, sorry to disappoint.
That would be end of free spech actually
Watch seemed to be taken over by sjw shit

Where will you go now when Taluntain's servers go down?
His servers don't go down more often than any bigger site, at least I read tons of Baldur's Gate goodies and walk throughs back then and his site always workened for me

thesecret1

Arcane
It's good that it survived. I was afraid we'd get hit by a refugee wave (still probably took a couple of them onboard, but so long as they don't reach critical mass, it's okay)

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
0cHSCLG.jpg

bandersnatch

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Sound like the usual "millennial flounce."

What's with that generation and their whinny "waaahhhh I'm going to leave unless I get more attention" social skills? That only gets you enough attention until the next "flounce." I blame it on Barney. In my days, if you need attention and weren't getting enough you just moved on to something else. There are tons of way to be attention whores these days. Hell, join the Codex! We have more attention whores here per member than any other place! (Dear Mods: May we request an 'attention whore' emoji?)

:gd:

Jack Of Owls

Arcane
I hope the new RPGwatch site has an evil aesthetic with dark theme html instead of that pure white milquetoast look it always had that screamed "I Kissed A Girl (In Dreams and in cRPGs)." I must say, I am encouraged by Taluntain's sinister avatar above.

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
The Watch's had a dark theme for ages, you just hit the "Dark" button in the row below the logo. How did you manage not to see that?

smaug

Secular Koranism with Israeli Characteristics
Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
It's good that it survived. I was afraid we'd get hit by a refugee wave (still probably took a couple of them onboard, but so long as they don't reach critical mass, it's okay)
They wouldn’t last a day. This place’s racism and nazism acts as a safeguard against casuals.

Late Bloomer

Scholar
The Watch's had a dark theme for ages, you just hit the "Dark" button in the row below the logo. How did you manage not to see that?

First time reading anything JackOfOwls has written? He has a habit of making himself look like a fool. It comes naturally for him.

Urthor

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
No matter who runs it, geriatric vBulletin is still the worst forum software on the interwebs;

Jack Of Owls

Arcane

Oh, I guess I missed it. tbh, I never spent a lot of time on that forum. Sure it had posters that were knowledgeable and informative about games but ever since I started going there it seemed to be a tiny clique of the same posters, over and over. The 'Dex is more my speed. Its posterbase is gnormous

Jack Of Owls

Arcane

First time reading anything JackOfOwls has written? He has a habit of making himself look like a fool. It comes naturally for him.

Late Bloomer Educated

Message count: 209?

Ah, I knew it. You're a sore, ass-raped refugee from another forum that was about to close looking for a new home. Monk(ey), go home.

Jack Of Owls

Arcane
I went to check out RPGWatch to see its Dark theme (that I missed) and accidentally clicked on another RPG site I had bookmarked (which I visited even less than RPGWatch) and noticed it was no more. I think the reason I hadn't been there in at least a year was because it was all jRPGs and the weebs that love them. But is this a trend now with RPG sites? All this closing down or promises to?

W8BOWxU.jpg

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
They wouldn’t last a day. This place’s racism and nazism acts as a safeguard against casuals.

It's actually not even that popular a viewpoint here but the instant you realize it will keep sh*theads like the people at RPGWatch away you immediately begin goosestepping and seigheiling at the top of your voice. It's like garlic to a vampire with these people. In fact, any strong emotions of any kind are like garlic to a vampire with millennials.

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

You guys look very much alike, for that matter. One caresses a baby, the other a goat. The same idea, a different religion is my guess.

Oh fck, please beware,
just read a rumour Taluntan would merge all the hostessed sites into a Mega RPG Site next year and shares the account data of people in it with an undisclosed 3rd party (some ppl assume this is going to happen when BG3 leaves early access but this is NOT confirmed so take it with a grain of salt). I have NO IDEA and NO INFO who the 3rd party will be and why the marketing database is needed. I know he normally isn't allowed to touch or merge hosted sites but again if it happens, what can you do legally or technically, think about it nothing

Citation: gaming journalist fb group with my bf account (closed group, sorry), I just feel I had to be whistle blower here even tho I've doubts anyone will believe me until it actually happens , no one believed Saddam had no chemicals but only after the war that's how it goes usually. Using just the common sense, why would someone host new and new sites for free where now adays the ad revenue is shit... think about it

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom