Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

RPGWatch was going to shut down - taken over by Taluntain instead!

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Getting the impression she's just embracing the gimmick now.
ke81Jyo.jpeg

Remember the amount of WolfHeartFPS "not sponsored" videos about Baldur's Gate 3 gameplay. Then his video swearing Larian invited him to a dinner but he never accepted it. You see, what looks impossible is the most possible.

For those who still don't get it:
One of the biggest RPG influencers trying to explain how Larian didn't buy him: https://youtu.be/H9YZ8B30vZg?t=6
Why wouldn't they do the same with someone who possesses now-the-biggest online independent ROLEPLAYER DATABASE (Taluntan).

Last edited:

Humbaba

Arcane
In 10 years, Taluntain will star in a vice interview titled something like "How This Man Became The Web's Biggest Forum Tycoon", where he relays his tale of acquiring every gaming forum there is, including the codex. Ends on a cliff hanger foreshadowing his takeover of the bear's pit.

Ok cool if you want your e-mail address, gaming (!) interests and profile forwarded to Larian unknown 3rd party, sure go ahead
Google and Apple have been in possession of my personal details for ages and they haven't swatted me yet, I don't think a Molenbeek based indie studio is going to harm me much either.

You may have a point there Humbasket, as all companies tied by GDPR but keep in mind Alphabet (google's owner company) and Apple are actually monitored by European Commission while smaller companes do not. Your data may as well end up at the organized crime as smaller companies do not have data protected servers as per the GDRP rules but again it's your call I'm using a secondary email address and I do not share my gaming interests and I do not share my real birth date

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
Oh fck, please beware,
just read a rumour Taluntan would merge all the hostessed sites into a Mega RPG Site next year and shares the account data of people in it with an undisclosed 3rd party (some ppl assume this is going to happen when BG3 leaves early access but this is NOT confirmed so take it with a grain of salt). I have NO IDEA and NO INFO who the 3rd party will be and why the marketing database is needed. I know he normally isn't allowed to touch or merge hosted sites but again if it happens, what can you do legally or technically, think about it nothing

Citation: gaming journalist fb group with my bf account (closed group, sorry), I just feel I had to be whistle blower here even tho I've doubts anyone will believe me until it actually happens , no one believed Saddam had no chemicals but only after the war that's how it goes usually. Using just the common sense, why would someone host new and new sites for free where now adays the ad revenue is shit... think about it

April 1st was last month, you're late. I've had ties with RPGWatch going back to the RPGDot days, when Sorcerer's Place was actually hosted by RPGDot for a brief period IIRC. RPGWatch came about as a successor to RPGDot, but I've known Myrthos since the beginnings of RPGDot, which was actually founded the same year as SP, back in 1999. He also helped me out setting up the news sharing between our two sites and a few other things, so we go back a long time. It's only natural that I offered to help, given the circumstances.

Cleve is still alive?

Still saving Western civilization on a daily basis with two-fisted can-do lantern-jawed heroics, yes.
Believe me Cleve, I'd have made a movie about your indisputable aryan manliness a long time ago, but I'm even lazier than you are so it's all I can do to crawl out of bed in the morning. Curse the Jews and their conspiracy dilute our active manly purity.

OK so just got this confirmed from a different source aswell, they're saying a mid-size Belgium-based studio having a semi-confidential agreement with Sorceror's Place [Taluntain's site - note added by me], semi-confidential because local laws in Belgium require you to disclose key points from certain types of agreements that may potentially influence competition in market. Will update you once i get an actual link, should be French tho

There will be no merging of the Codex and the Watch, that much I can definitely say. So anyone fantasizing about that, sorry to disappoint.

says the guy who edits people's posts and then uses that as a justification to ban them.. real trustworthy source here, guys!
Nope. I've been lurking his forum for ages and rules are pretty clear and fair there without any sort of abuse - let's give credit where credit is due. I just reeeeeeeeeeeeeally hope he won't sell all our data to Larian

Seeker
In My Safe Space
There is no conspiracy, Baldur's Gate 3 is a horrible game and Larian's decision to release it in early access is despicable.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom