Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Rules of the Codex - Enhanced Edition (2012)

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
rule 1 moderaturr es always rite

rule 2 if moderaturr es not rite consult rule 1 (ding dong bannu)

Jim Cojones

Prophet
So is Rule #2 no longer in play? I put up a trick link in a thread in the MMO forums and Crooked Bee modded it out. I can only guess that she fell for one of the oldest tricks in the Codex and, overcome with shame, embarrassment, and butthurt, decided to fix it so no one else would hurt their precious little eyes. Is this sort of arbitrary making up of rules as one goes moderation encouraged by the honchos, or did CB go rogue? I'm not one to bitch about forum stuff, but this makes me think there's a bit of a sea change going on here and punking the punkable is no longer a welcome activity.

Rules said:
Each moderator has their own nuances and quibbles (both with particular issues and with certain users). However, within their forums they are Gods. Fear them appropriately.

If you have a complaint you wish to make against a Moderator because they're being too much of a Nazi moving threads or they Retardo'd your post or whatever, feel free to raise your issue with the Administrators either directly via conversation or publicly via a thread in Site Feedback.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Data4 asked why CB would delete a trick-link even if trick-links are generally allowed. I just answered his question as the friendly non-mod that I am (alas, my powers of divinity disappeared with GD).

Data4

Arcane
So is Rule #2 no longer in play? I put up a trick link in a thread in the MMO forums and Crooked Bee modded it out. I can only guess that she fell for one of the oldest tricks in the Codex and, overcome with shame, embarrassment, and butthurt, decided to fix it so no one else would hurt their precious little eyes. Is this sort of arbitrary making up of rules as one goes moderation encouraged by the honchos, or did CB go rogue? I'm not one to bitch about forum stuff, but this makes me think there's a bit of a sea change going on here and punking the punkable is no longer a welcome activity.

Rules said:
Each moderator has their own nuances and quibbles (both with particular issues and with certain users). However, within their forums they are Gods. Fear them appropriately.

Crooked Bee is not listed as a MMORPG forum mod.

Data4

Arcane
CB is an admin.

Huh... Guess I missed that little detail. Well, I guess this means we'll start seeing curtains and flower arrangements put up and people will be getting time out.

Ah well... Shit changes. Not even the RPG Codex is immune.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
CB is an admin.

Huh... Guess I missed that little detail. Well, I guess this means we'll start seeing curtains and flower arrangements put up and people will be getting time out.

If it's any consolation, I would have totally allowed a trick-link in Politics, man. Just for you.

crufty

Arcane
ah so the popo showed up

yeah g/d is a giant lawsuit bros

basically, as soon as a real name is mentioned or picture shown, delete the post and retardo the thread

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
We should get rid of all mods and admins except Trash, he's the only one who doesn't go on retardo threadsplit/post deletion/mod butthurt sprees.

Cassidy

Arcane
CB is an admin.

The time the Codex sells out for real will be a sad time, a time of departing this place as it dies and becomes no longer more than a poor man's GameFAQs and generic shithole for game dev cocksuckers. Hopefully this will never happen. Because if it does... NEVAR FORGET Encyclopedia Dramatica/Oh Internet.

As for that, I don't think it is a coincidence one of the most despised mods in TESF was Summer. Women in positions of E-authority tend to end as control freaks with a load of unwarranted self-importance trying to gather clubs of sycophants. Women also usually lack the understanding of raw deals involving men and spambots.

[/GD]

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
The irony of you foreseeing that CB will be the downfall of this place is cool considering she probably brought the most extended amount of incline here. She's one of the main reason that we have such a steady stream of content and that despite our extremely critical approach to interviews we're still on good terms with the very people we're constantly criticizing (as, indeed, we should).

Me and CB have our... thematic differences, when it comes to the way content should be written, but there's no denying the amount of work she puts into this place and the incline that it brings.

spekkio

Arcane
Plus AFAIK CB haven't posted any obligatory pics to confirm her being female. So how do you even know she actually IS female?
Maybe "she" is just an obese teenage single male with no life-syndrome, like most of the 'Dex.

Plus: a girl playing much more monocled games than 99% of Codexers - says something about our "prestigious magazine".

:lol:

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

There was a report about your post so I edited it because why not - wasn't paying a lot of attention. Sorry I removed your precious link, you were obviously very proud of it :(

On a more serious note, yeah, I forgot about rule #2, sorry. I -- and the Codex staff as a whole -- get a lot of reports to sort through, so I just resolve most of them without a second thought, and some blunders are inevitable.

Also, yes, the Codex is going down the toilet.

PorkaMorka

Arcane
The irony of you foreseeing that CB will be the downfall of this place is cool considering she probably brought the most extended amount of incline here. She's one of the main reason that we have such a steady stream of content and that despite our extremely critical approach to interviews we're still on good terms with the very people we're constantly criticizing (as, indeed, we should).

Me and CB have our... thematic differences, when it comes to the way content should be written, but there's no denying the amount of work she puts into this place and the incline that it brings.

I'd say that the appeal of RPGCodex isn't the content, it is the strict adherence to a certain set of values re: gaming.

50 interviews with washed up developers regarding the tablet future of mankind doesn't cancel out even a minor shift in values towards the new school, the popamole or the Bioware-esque.

I'm not making any accusations at this time, but part of that content was an anime game review.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I'd say that the appeal of RPGCodex isn't the content, it is the strict adherence to a certain set of values re: gaming.

The Codex isn't a great forum because we know that modern games suck. There are a ton of people, even on the most popamole of forums, who will tell you that.

It's a great forum because we can explain why and how modern games suck. And to hone our analytical skills, we need to have a constant influx of news and debate topics (ie, "content").

Look at DraQ and sea's exchange in this thread to see how fruitful even the most base of conversation starters can be.

Angelo85

Arcane
Patron
Plus AFAIK CB haven't posted any obligatory pics to confirm her being female. So how do you even know she actually IS female?

I can confirm that CB is indeed of the female species. Been stalking her on Facebook for years, here's one of her profile pics:

enhaeccx.jpg

If you wanna see more revealing pics of slutty McBee just visit her Facebook Page (ib4 she changes her profile to private mode).

EG

Nullified
We should get rid of all mods and admins except Trash, he's the only one who doesn't go on retardo threadsplit/post deletion/mod butthurt sprees.

No, he just goes on retarded posting sprees periodically. :lol:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom