Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Rules of the Codex - Enhanced Edition (2012)

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Hopefully people will forgive me for not combing through the entire thread to see whether this is already a RPGCodex "feature", but seeing as there is a post a couple of pages back that seems to outline the related rules and it does not mention this, I would like to make a suggestion:

Anyone who's been branded with the "Dumbfuck!" tag is automatically barred from posting in any of the GD forums.

That is all. The reason should be obvious. It may be the biggest case of wishful thinking ever on my behalf, but I'm hoping that this simple rule willl improve GD discussions.

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Hopefully people will forgive me for not combing through the entire thread to see whether this is already a RPGCodex "feature", but seeing as there is a post a couple of pages back that seems to outline the related rules and it does not mention this, I would like to make a suggestion:

Anyone who's been branded with the "Dumbfuck!" tag is automatically barred from posting in any of the GD forums.

That is all. The reason should be obvious. It may be the biggest case of wishful thinking ever on my behalf, but I'm hoping that this simple rule willl improve GD discussions.
Anyone who's been branded with the "Dumbfuck!" tag is automatically barred from posting outside of the GD forums.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Ah, OK. My bad. Thanks for clearing that up. For some reason I always figured that it was the other way around, only that it wasn't working or had been suspended for some reason.

Nevermind then. Carry on.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
http://rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/the-price-to-pay-for-being-true-to-self.86944/

Why is it suddenly OK to post grossly gory pictures of guys bleeding with their brains shot out in a thread out of IMG tags? How is it safe for work in any way? This is not ogrish.com.

did you report it before whining here? most the only thing I actually do in terms of work in my forums is nuke nsfw stuff like that

i'm sure idonthavetimeforthiscrap would come even to your aid in a heartbeat should you call on him

or he would find pleasure in messing with you and mod every post in your thread to show that pic

you never quite know when you report something on the codex

Repressed Homosexual
Yes, I reported both pics, and here is what I was replied with

it's a shit thread anyway, and that picture actually sums up OP quite well. also, offensive is a meaningless word. just stop being so easily offended, i guess

Meaningless, right, I'm sure no one would mind if I started casually posting it in other threads. Also since when are there two sets of rules, depending on the leanings of the poster? This is clearly NSFW material, plain and simple.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Grunker said:
or he would find pleasure in messing with you

guess you lost out bro, too bad

Also since when are there two sets of rules [...] This is clearly NSFW material, plain and simple.
Rules of the Codex said:
Each moderator has their own nuances and quibbles (both with particular issues and with certain users). However, within their forums they are Gods.

since when

so basically, since forever

Scruffy

Ex-janitor
Patron
Codex 2012 Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014
hhr, i find your retarded views.grossly offensive, but you don't see me reporting your silly stuff.
anyway, i'm on my cell phone and can't be arsed now, maybe tonight

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
No, it isn't okay to post NSFW pics without spoiler tags. If anyone does that, report them. If a moderator doesn't react to that, only then should you complain here -- and even then, who knows what DU might think about you and your complaints!

Hopefully the upcoming new edition (tm) of the Codex rules (c) should clear that up.

Thxbye.

Repressed Homosexual
Words are one thing, I don't want to censor the opinion of anyone. Condoning the posting of extremely gross shock pictures to get back at someone is something else entirely.

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual
I am offended Crooked Bee's avatar is not a bee. It looks like either a lice or a one eyed crab (i cannot tell from the old school EGA graphic).

PlsFixKThxBye

:)

Zep--

Repressed Homosexual
Words are one thing, I don't want to censor the opinion of anyone.
But aren't images also a form of opinion?

:hmmm:

Also, what Crooked Bee said.

The difference is that shock pictures in particular have immense potential to disrupt a thread with little to no effort from the perpetrator. And your own rules forbid including them in img tags.

Sure there's lots of rough stuff here, and I know and accept that nearly anything goes, but we're supposed to have a reasonable expectation of being able to browse this site without having us or nearby onlookers subjected to this material.

Curious_Tongue

Larpfest
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014
What if the gore is relevant to the topic?

Someone posts an article about hygiene in India, and someone posts pictures of rotting corpses floating down the Ganges.

It's confronting, but it's reality.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
NSFW rules are not to protect sensitive minds from shocking/arousing images, but to protect workplace browsers from getting trouble if someone glances at the screen at the wrong moment. The pictures' relevance or not to the thread or whether the thread is already shit or not should have no bearing on this.

The pictures should either be put in spoilers, the thread should be tagged NSFW or all of GD should be officially considered NSFW.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom