Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Rules of the Codex - Enhanced Edition, Director's Cut (2013)

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Rule 4.1. Stalker-ish Behaviour: Behaviour which we're broadly defining as anything remotely involving tracking down someone's location (such as city, town, street address, phone number) or personal info (such as real name or photos, unless disclosed by the poster him- or herself) - or harassing them on other sites such as Facebook or YouTube, especially suggesting doing things to them that would or could be considered criminal. There has been A Real Instance™, police were involved and the Administrators do not appreciate real police rocking up at their real doorsteps to ask about bullshit that happened on an internet forum. It's all fun and games until someone has to go to a Police station to try and explain the Codex. Strangely enough, it has nothing to do with any of the more recent well known stalkery threads and was one that caught us by surprise, go figure. As such, any instances of stalkerish behaviour may result in an entire nuking of the accounts involved and deletion of relevant threads - even if it's just a bad joke. As always, we're much more inclined to nuke if you're just a shit-poster.
4.2. Personal Details: There has been a recent rise in requests for admins to delete threads, usually after some moron has posted personal details about their sex life and only just discovered that the internet is not private - and that with a bit of googling and some basic information, anyone can be found. Where once we would have told you "too bad. Crime can't be undone. And your stupidity can't be either. It is not our job to clean up after you", we are instead drawing a line in the sand here. As such, if you post the real names, images, address or other details of anyone (be they a member of this forum or not) without their permission, we will remove it if it's been requested we do so, or if we think it crosses a line. This includes instances where we have had requests from non-members who have found images and other details of themselves posted on the Codex - in the case of such requests, those details will be removed.
This information was removed at the poster's request.

You knew this information was not available.

You sought the information out from other users.

EDIT: You were warned not to do it.

Thus tripping the stalker-ish behaviour rule as well.

Addendum for historical purposes.

1. Liberal had been posting several times, asking for people to post Maxie's picture. He posted this outside of the members picture thread, including in Site Feedback which is not a member's only forum, unlike GD where the picture thread lives.

Please post Maxie's facepic if you have it saved, you will know the reason when you see it. It explains EVERYTHING about xem.
If someone has Maxie's pic that xe posted in Member Pictures thread, please post it here or send it to me.
some twerp online
Why did you delete that pic of yourself from the member pictures thread?
If someone saved Maxie's pic that he posted in that thread, please post it here or send it to me.
Liberal was well aware that the picture had been deleted from the thread at the time.

2. Liberal was warned via a private message from myself, that he was getting stalkerish. He was also warned on one of his posts.

Maxie's picture. Getting a bit stalkerish.
lol, fine I wont mention xir picture any more. can I still make fun of marxie for being insane enough to make a report over this?
Dunno. Try it and see what happens.
Ok, I will never ask him or anyone else for his picture again, I swear it.
Do you swear upon your sword?
Given the understanding that the word "mention" in my first reply to this thread implicitly meant "make a request for" in the context of the conversation, this is the full extent and entirety of what I swear upon my word: I will never ask Maxie or anyone else for Maxie's pictures again.
Oh I see, swords are too good for you.
Did... wait, what?!

I don't have a sword!

I should get a sword.
You should. You'll need one for the coming dark times. It's easy to keep sharpened and it never runs out of ammo.
A machete it is then.
[Liberal posts Maxie's picture]
I see what you did there. Well played, well played. You'd note my initial warning though was:

Maxxie picture. Getting a bit stalkerish.
Go back to the post it quoted.
It is clear by that time, that Liberal had been given the picture, hence his deliberate word-play about promising "not to ask for it". Any sane human, would also know, that if you're going around asking for someone else's picture and that person has deleted said picture, and you've been warned about asking for the picture, that actually going ahead and posting the picture Isn't A Good Idea™. If you cannot grasp this concept, you are too retarded to be here.

3. We are not idiots. I know you think your childish attempts to con me into doing things will succeed going by the pleading PMs I get from most of the shit posters, and that your majestic word-play is somehow going to get by me and gosh-darned I will be befuddled by your words and have no choice but to relent... no. Please be assured we know what you are doing. For the most part, we don't care. When we do decide to care though, you will find yourself in trouble.

Last edited:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Libtardian being a dumb creep and a bit stalkish aside. Don't you think that people should have personal responsibility when handling their own information? If you post your own information openly on some internet place,then that information becomes public,same with the pic. I see nothing wrong with posting already posted picture even if by someone else. If you want something to be kept private,you shouldn't have made it public lol. If pouchy wants to delete his pic,then he is free to do so,he is an EU citizen. But that doesn't mean you should be stopping other people posting it. We post pictures of all the time of people that are not us. What if some politician or some twatter retard ask you to stop people from posting their picture and mocking them? Posting your picture on the internet generally means that you give your permission for it to be used by other people. I would understand if he acquiring some privet information by hacking him or some such shit,or posting such information. If people are retards and post their personal info left and right,they should live with the consequences of their actions lol.

That said,i don't have problem with libtardian being slapped for being retard. But your reasoning is hypocritical,there is plenty of reasons to slap him,but going for muh picture is stupid.

DarkUnderlord

Staff Member
Libtardian being a dumb creep and a bit stalkish aside.
It's not an aside. It's the essence of the problem. And he was banned for a whole 10 days for it (whoop de-fucking do. Jesus if you fucking 12 year olds can't survive 10 days being banned after which you have full privileges restored, without hyper-ventilating yourself into a complete mental break-down, you have other issues going on). I know most of you still live in your parents basements but it'd nice to see some of you acting like grown fucking adults from time to time.

Don't you think that people should have personal responsibility when handling their own information? If you post your own information openly on some internet place,then that information becomes public,same with the pic. I see nothing wrong with posting already posted picture even if by someone else. If you want something to be kept private,you shouldn't have made it public lol. If pouchy wants to delete his pic,then he is free to do so,he is an EU citizen. But that doesn't mean you should be stopping other people posting it.
As the rules make clear, "Where once we would have told you "too bad. Crime can't be undone. And your stupidity can't be either. It is not our job to clean up after you", we are instead drawing a line in the sand here.". The EU and other countries now have rules about personal information. They're all vague as fuck and it's still unclear how any legal battle would actually be fought. But because I'm not interested in dealing with petty shit from a place that was meant to discuss computer games, we have a rule about it.

We post pictures of all the time of people that are not us.
And if I tell you in a specific instance to stop fucking doing it: You will stop fucking doing it.

What if some politician or some twatter retard ask you to stop people from posting their picture and mocking them? Posting your picture on the internet generally means that you give your permission for it to be used by other people. I would understand if he acquiring some privet information by hacking him or some such shit,or posting such information. If people are retards and post their personal info left and right,they should live with the consequences of their actions lol.
Let's not pretend we need to get the Supreme Court involved here because some egregious injustice has been done. Our rules are pretty clear. If people ask us to remove personal stuff, we do. No questions asked. This should not be a hard rule to grasp.

If you're a fuck-nugget who then proceeds to:
a) ask for the personal stuff of someone else,
b) after that stuff has been removed, and
c) you are specifically warned against it,
d) and you do it anyway,

God can't save you from your own stupidity.

if you then can't a) realise you fucked up and b) handle a 10-day ban, that's on you and your own mental health issues.

We have incredibly few rules in this place. It shouldn't be hard to grasp those few we do have. And those few we do have, we have because of good historical reasons.

I won't even go into the fact that many feel posting pictures in the pictures thread should stay there (and certainly in GD and not re-posted in other parts of the forum that are public), that many of you wouldn't survive having shit you posted here copied and repeated elsewhere, or that it's just good courtesy to not going around badgering other users (which, if you'd note, are pretty much the only times people end up getting removed).

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
It's not an aside.
Actually it is,because i don't mind slapping libtard for his snake shit,and i even support your decision . My point was about you going for some flimsy muh tranny pic,than slapping him for valid shit.

As the rules make clear, "Where once we would have told you "too bad. Crime can't be undone. And your stupidity can't be either. It is not our job to clean up after you", we are instead drawing a line in the sand here.". The EU and other countries now have rules about personal information. They're all vague as fuck and it's still unclear how any legal battle would actually be fought. But because I'm not interested in dealing with petty shit from a place that was meant to discuss computer games, we have a rule about it.
I agree,you should have told him that his actions could be seen as criminal behaviour by EU and the amercanomud should know his place. No go on rant about muh pictures.

And if I tell you in a specific instance to stop fucking doing it: You will stop fucking doing it.
Naturally,as it is your forum and we are guests in it. And i do hold some respect for you. That said if your request collides with my principles and believes,i will tell you suck some flaccid cocks and fucking leave lol.

If people ask us to remove personal stuff, we do. No questions asked. This should not be a hard rule to grasp.
Hmmm this is more a courtesy thing than actual law,once you publicize your info it is no longer personal. But i do get your point mate,i too wouldn't want to waste my money and time because some retarded tranny called the cops because some social reject is wanking to his pic on a shitposting forum. It is not like kwan cops are smart enough to know if it is legal or illegal.

can't survive 10 days being banned
LoL i survived two weeks playing fucking star stable,even had a decent game in UT with you :smug:. That said most of the codexers don't have a decade old friends to go out and have a drink with. And the codex is a major part of their social life,it is not about being 12 year old but about being a socially inept.

I won't even go into the fact that many feel posting pictures in the pictures thread should stay there (and certainly in GD and not re-posted in other parts of the forum that are public), that many of you wouldn't survive having shit you posted here copied and repeated elsewhere, or that it's just good courtesy to not going around badgering other users (which, if you'd note, are pretty much the only times people end up getting removed).
I agree,we should be courteous to each other in that aspect. But lets not pretend that it is hard to get our pictures,you could just make some throw off account and wait a year or just give 5 bucks :). If there is a will,there is a way. And that is on us,if we don't want to be doxed and shit,we should just keep our private information...privet.

DarkUnderlord

Staff Member
Libtardian being a dumb creep and a bit stalkish aside.
It's not an aside.
Actually it is,because i don't mind slapping libtard for his snake shit,and i even support your decision . My point was about you going for some flimsy muh tranny pic,than slapping him for valid shit.
I'm really not surprised that you're too retarded to grasp this concept when one of the only 4 rules we have is specifically NOT to be "stalkerish".

Blake00

Learned
Hey guys,

Saw in the rules how brofisting and political forum access is connected to 12 month membership anniversary, but is the ability to edit your own posts indefinitely (no time out) another feature that comes at 12mths? Or is that one rank based? Apologies if this is written in the rules somewhere but I couldn't see anything about it.

Got a project thread from months ago that would be handy if I could update some of the info in it but I can't edit it or any other post of mine after about 5 or 10 mins of posting it. A couple of long time members have told me they can edit their old posts just fine so I'm guessing it's 12mth time or rank thing.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Hey guys,

Saw in the rules how brofisting and political forum access is connected to 12 month membership anniversary, but is the ability to edit your own posts indefinitely (no time out) another feature that comes at 12mths? Or is that one rank based? Apologies if this is written in the rules somewhere but I couldn't see anything about it.

Got a project thread from months ago that would be handy if I could update some of the info in it but I can't edit it or any other post of mine after about 5 or 10 mins of posting it. A couple of long time members have told me they can edit their old posts just fine so I'm guessing it's 12mth time or rank thing.

I believe that it is an Evro thing. The codex is forced by law to give us access to those things. At least i have always had it. Don't know about non evro savages :smug:

Codex Year of the Donut
Hey guys,

Direct all questions, comments, and problems to the highly paid customer services representative Infinitron

Zenithsan

Educated
Sorry if this isn't the best start to my posting career in the codex, but I just created this account and read all the rules, but there is a big problem: the joke link to 2girls1cup doesn't work.

Catacombs

Arcane
Patron
Sorry if this isn't the best start to my posting career in the codex, but I just created this account and read all the rules, but there is a big problem: the joke link to 2girls1cup doesn't work.
It works when you've read ALL the rules.

agris

Arcane
Patron
Is there a rule against reviving old posts? Some admin with a power trip keeps deleting or moving necro posts to threads because… I don’t really know, they just don’t like it?

Some old threads have delicious drama and horribly aged memes; they’re worth revisiting. I don’t see a policy here regarding this, what gives?

DarkUnderlord Infinitron Darth Roxor

agris

Arcane
Patron
Is there a rule against reviving old posts? Some admin with a power trip keeps deleting or moving necro posts to threads because… I don’t really know, they just don’t like it?

Some old threads have delicious drama and horribly aged memes; they’re worth revisiting. I don’t see a policy here regarding this, what gives?

DarkUnderlord here's your citation: https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads/stupid-necro.143521/

if you look at deleted posts in the news forum - deleted, not moved - you'll find more citations. Some admin there does not like reviving old news threads, and has generally deleted the posts. Given that News probably doesn't have much admin actions, the deletion log for that forum should make it clear.

Kruno

Arcane
Patron
Village Idiot Zionist Agent Shitposter

DarkUnderlord here's your citation: https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads/stupid-necro.143521/

if you look at deleted posts in the news forum - deleted, not moved - you'll find more citations. Some admin there does not like reviving old news threads, and has generally deleted the posts. Given that News probably doesn't have much admin actions, the deletion log for that forum should make it clear.
That necro is retarded and you are retarded for wasting DU's time over it!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom