Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[Rumor] EA to be bought out by Nexon

Project: Eternity
2cxdnas.jpg

:eek: dear motherfucking GOD this horror can not possibly have been wrought by human hands and minds

Sul

Savant

:eek: dear motherfucking GOD this horror can not possibly have been wrought by human hands and minds
What? Never played Ragnarok at its height? You couldn't even see your character if not for your own health bar. And keep in mind the game wasn't F2P, so most of the merchants (the only game job, along with it's evolutions, could open shops) where actually players seeling rare items.

11b3jew.jpg

Oriebam

Formerly M4AE1BR0-something
at least ragnarok has better graphics and isn't a fucking sidescroller

EG

Nullified
Looks like an excellent crowd simulator, complete with overly loud individuals attempting to broach communication with the stars themselves.

I WAS THERE, MANG

I WAS THERE FOR THE HABBO RAID

I love how they have to flood their posts w/ @@@@@ to make them taller than the rest so they don't drown in the background. Chat window much? hahahaha

There is a chat window, but I don't think anyone reads it. There are also several market zones like that (notice the portals on the upper portion of the screen), but for some ungodly reason everyone stays on the first room.

Ragnarok does have some nice music, though.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
I played one of those cluster-fuck MMO games once. "Helbreath."
You could dye your cloaks. The low level farm mobs were snakes. That's all I remember from it. Besides the cluster-fucks of course.

Helbreath2.jpg

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Golems and Jews everywhere. I didn't notice that. I guess it's a kosher game.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
At least those games live up to their massively-multiplayer title. With any luck, the Koreans will ensure that TOR finally becomes a real MMORPG.

Helly

Translating for brofists
Patron
Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Don't diss RO too much, it's still probably the 'best' thing to have come out of korea in the ten past years.
And it's isometric for crying out loud.:rpgcodex:

Duckard

Augur
Some guy's sig from EA's forum. They are surely masters of invoking brand loyalty in their consumer base:

bL5Eu.gif

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
It's from one of "those" videos:

There was one more about EA's SW:TOR + their market drop.

Nattvardsvin

Learned
Labyrinth is an awesome track. I have some fond memories of Ragnarok in the early 2000's.
Remember being a high lvl Wizard, going around in the Labyrinth Forest while this track was playing, helping lower lvl noobs with tanking and giving them random shit loot.

Game wasn't that bad actually. The PVE side of the game had a certain charm I can't put my finger on. It just had atmosphere, despite the anime cutesy shit style and the korean grinding gameplay. Not UO atmosphere or anything, but still, something that kept me playing. Now it's much more shite though.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
http://www.forbes.com/sites/ericsavitz/2012/05/03/nexon-ea-reportedly-teaming-up-on-game-not-merger/

Remember that rumor about the South Korean online gaming company Nexon potentially making a bid for Electronic Arts?

Well, Bloomberg has another theory on what’s going on, and it isn’t nearly as dramatic.

The wire service says that, according to “three people with knowledge of the matter,” Nexon is in talks to distribute EA’s FIFA Online game in Asia – and has no plans to buy the company.

Electronic Arts reportedly is considering using Nexon’s online servers and developers in Asia, for the game, with the goal of leveraging Nexon’s expertise in persuading players to spend money on virtual goods.

The story says point-blank that sources say the two sides are not discussing a merger; the two companies are not commenting.

:decline:

EG

Nullified
Clearly a smokescreen.

EA is already in Nexon's hands.

Mother Russia

Andhaira
Andhaira
Dumbfuck Queued
Codex 2013
:lol:

$312 Million in net income?

$274 Million in net income for EA? And EA is the biggest games producer in the decadent west?

The fuck?

My bank had a higher proft than that at the end of the last fiscal year. Sure it's a bank, but it's a Pakistani bank.

No wonder people say game producing is shit, and that there is no job security and little money to be had. Sure there are exceptions, like Notch/Minecraft, WoW, Ultima series, etc etc but those are exceptions mainly due to the geinuses behind those products.

If you 'tards want to see some real fucking numbers, check out the net incomes of Microsoft, Jewgle, Apple, or Fagbook.

And ofcourse, this is all the fault of PIRACY and PIRATES.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom