Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mass Effect Legendary Edition remaster trilogy

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
ME2 actually has the best combat system, the combat was way too twitchy in ME3. It also sucked how Shockwave was heavily nerfed.

J1M

Arcane
If I was to remaster these games the first thing I would do is add more boss battles.

The second thing would be to add a 5th ending to ME3 which allowed for another Shepard adventure.

wahrk

Learned
I remember ME2 combat being way too stiff/sticky and I also hated how you had to strip enemies of armor and shields before tech or biotics would work. Not to mention the equipment/abilities options were severely lacking. Also, switching from heat system to regular ammo was :decline:.

ME3 combat was better, but it’s a shame we never got a real sequel to ME1. In an alternate universe Bioware actually improved and iterated on the design instead of just throwing the baby out with the bathwater. “The equipment interface sucks, so we got rid of equipment completely.” :argh:

Last edited:
Codex Year of the Donut
ME2 higher difficulties were just bullet sponges, no changes to the AI or new abilities, just popamole.
Hiding behind cover in ME3 simply doesn't work, you'll get pelted with grenades which can kill you in a single hit or get flanked. If you aren't on the move then you're probably going to die soon. The AI is all around more aggressive.

If you play both on insanity the differences are night and day. ME3's AI is leagues better.

Wunderbar

Arcane
They really should replace the combat in 1 and 2 with the one in 3. The first game in particular is just awful mechanically.
this will require them to redesign most of the levels, encounters, AI, etc. basically remade two games. Why would they bother?

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Before they wasted all this time did anyone bother doing a blind test to see if people actually notice the difference between 1440p and 4k when sitting on a couch a good distance away from the TV? I don't really notice it(in games, I love it for programming) when I'm sitting only a few inches away from my monitor.

I don't notice a difference on my living room TV either, but I definitely do on my monitor. When I can run a game at 4k+ using nVidia DSR it looks pretty amazing.

With all the processing effects they throw at games now to make them look like films nowadays, and most consumers not noticing things like sharpening and blur AA, I don't really blame them for ignoring native resolution. As much as that stuff annoys me, most people don't seem to give a shit.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
The second thing would be to add a 5th ending to ME3 which allowed for another Shepard adventure.

Been ages since I played this trash but didn't that add one already? Like an ending shot where you see sheppie in the rubble and he/she draws in breath and then it ends?

J1M

Arcane

Been ages since I played this trash but didn't that add one already? Like an ending shot where you see sheppie in the rubble and he/she draws in breath and then it ends?
They added a fourth ending ("yellow") where you can reject the other three endings. It's an attempt to tell the audience that complained about the existing endings to fuck off, but it is actually the most hopeful. Everyone loses and dies, but Liara does a better job of leaving warnings for the next cycle. But unlike all the other endings, the mass effect relays are not destroyed so the franchise can continue. :lol:

Shepard breathing or whatever is something that happens if you had really high victory points at the end. Not a new ending color.

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas

They added a fourth ending ("yellow") where you can reject the other three endings. It's an attempt to tell the audience that complained about the existing endings to fuck off, but it is actually the most hopeful. Everyone loses and dies, but Liara does a better job of leaving warnings for the next cycle. But unlike all the other endings, the mass effect relays are not destroyed so the franchise can continue. :lol:

Shepard breathing or whatever is something that happens if you had really high victory points at the end. Not a new ending color.
They need to add a fucking ending where they can tell stories in the main universe. Maybe something that puts the reapers back asleep or something. They can be done with Shepard and friends but a game set 50 years after the reaper invasion with the galaxy trying to rebuild would be OK.

wahrk

Learned
Ammo conservation is fun, watching an overheat meter is not. Nothing of value lost.

What ammo conservation? You run out of ammo, you just wait for enemies to drop more. Learning to pace your shots and modifying your weapons to make trade-offs between damage/heat buildup is far more interesting to me. Bonus points for also tying game mechanics directly into the established rules of the setting. Universal ammo is always decline.

J1M

Arcane
Ammo conservation is fun, watching an overheat meter is not. Nothing of value lost.

What ammo conservation? You run out of ammo, you just wait for enemies to drop more. Learning to pace your shots and modifying your weapons to make trade-offs between damage/heat buildup is far more interesting to me. Bonus points for also tying game mechanics directly into the established rules of the setting. Universal ammo is always decline.
I liked that in Mass Effect 3 you could use only powers if you wanted to. Well, up until Mr. Marauder Shields.

racofer

Thread Incliner

I liked that in Mass Effect 3 you could use only powers if you wanted to. Well, up until Mr. Marauder Shields.

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
They really should replace the combat in 1 and 2 with the one in 3. The first game in particular is just awful mechanically.

They should replace the gameplay of 2 and 3 with the 1.

Vanguards need to fall in line with the Mass Effect 2 presentation. The other classes are gay and don't matter.

While its true that Shotgun Vanguard is the best class ME1 was the only game where combat skills mattered. Starting with ME2 the series was just a FPS with gay sex minigames.

Also you got to bitch slap the reporter. God I wish I could have romanced her.

Silverfish

Arbiter
While its true that Shotgun Vanguard is the best class ME1 was the only game where combat skills mattered. Starting with ME2 the series was just a FPS with gay sex minigames.

My love of the ME2 vanguard class aside, this is undeniably true. Makes it all the more disappointing that Andromeda made some strides in the right direction mechanically, but botched everything else.

Kainan

Learned
Before they wasted all this time did anyone bother doing a blind test to see if people actually notice the difference between 1440p and 4k when sitting on a couch a good distance away from the TV? I don't really notice it(in games, I love it for programming) when I'm sitting only a few inches away from my monitor.

I don't notice a difference on my living room TV either, but I definitely do on my monitor. When I can run a game at 4k+ using nVidia DSR it looks pretty amazing.

With all the processing effects they throw at games now to make them look like films nowadays, and most consumers not noticing things like sharpening and blur AA, I don't really blame them for ignoring native resolution. As much as that stuff annoys me, most people don't seem to give a shit.
I used to care a lot about anti aliasing, dsr and stuff like that. Nowadays i wonder what was wrong with me and why did i even care about that stuff. Especially since it slows down the games by some amount.

Kainan

Learned
Doesnt it have some kind of grain filter anyway? But, if a game is 3d it should just be fluid, and look decent enough from afar. I dont care about any kind. of retarded pixels anymore.

Yeah, aside from the “film grain” filter, there’s a couple of other effects they use to make it more cinematic, namely a vignette (the edges of the screen appear a tad darker) and motion blur. The grain and blur can be disabled in the games, but the dumb vignette can’t be removed without a mod, which in turn I guess can screw with the games colors.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom