Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mass Effect Legendary Edition remaster trilogy

J1M

Arcane
Doesnt it have some kind of grain filter anyway? But, if a game is 3d it should just be fluid, and look decent enough from afar. I dont care about any kind. of retarded pixels anymore.
Yes, but as PC master race we can easily modify our Unreal Engine .ini files to remove mistakes made by the developers, such as their choice of post-processing effects, FOV, and the 0% xp modifer for enemies killed by vehicles.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
I used to care a lot about anti aliasing, dsr and stuff like that. Nowadays i wonder what was wrong with me and why did i even care about that stuff. Especially since it slows down the games by some amount.

Aliasing is pretty distracting on a larger monitor from 2 feet away. If you're old enough now that you're half-blind and don't see it then that's cool, but why not use DSR when you can still have a high framerate anyway? I recently played Halo 1 at 2880 and 120fps... why wouldn't I do that? What would be the benefit of just playing at 1440p when you could have more? Don't be a Luddite.

Kainan

Learned
It all introduces some kind of lag thats inevitable. And in dsr even though it makes everything more detailed it still blurs everything even if just a bit. I understand why this has to be but whats the point then? Better just have a faster and clearer image.

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
It all introduces some kind of lag thats inevitable. And in dsr even though it makes everything more detailed it still blurs everything even if just a bit. I understand why this has to be but whats the point then? Better just have a faster and clearer image.
tl;dr You can't into technology.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron

You can turn off all blur associated with DSR, and should if you're doing a straight 4x scale (2880p down to 1440p).

Kainan

Learned
I know but an amount of blur is still there.
tl;dr You can't into technology.
I can but the technology is just pointless?
Blurry and slowass image. And lower fps.

Kainan

Learned
I really was a retard as i spent a lot of money on gfx cards but all i shouldve done is just lower or turn off AA.

bddevil

Educated
I have a love/hate relationship with ME/ME2 (havent played ME3)
The concept is so promising, it could've turned into some very good games. But execution was just bad. And yet, some parts (namely, crew background/interactions/missions) kept me playing it.

ME1 - closest to rpg. Main story is meh. Good world-building. Decent non-corridor level design. Quests not quite retarded. A lot of copy paste though. Nice character building + banter, as well as interesting squad system.

ME2 - this game couldve been so much more. Make quests less fetchy/retarded. Rework the main story, make the recruitment/loyalty mission the main focus, as most of them are good, especially the DLC ones (Kasumi, Shadow Broker), make it a firefly-type of atmosphere/game. The main story is ass juice in comparison. Popamole combat and corridor levels are serious offenders here, making Vanguard pretty much the only class fun to play on non-retard difficulty levels. hell, even on easy adept still has to wait for cooldowns. So much lost potential here, somehow even more than in the first one. I still kinda enjoyed ME2 with a Vanguard but it was wearing down on me I was still playing a circumcised popamole corridor game.

ME3- didn't have the will to play it after ME2. Maybe Ill check it out with the remaster, idk.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
I really was a retard as i spent a lot of money on gfx cards but all i shouldve done is just lower or turn off AA.

I really started getting used to no AA during that long period where all we had was FXAA and other shit implementations. Unfortunately many modern games have insane shimmering from lighting effects without TAA now, making it almost impossible to turn off.

Old games like this why, why not super sample. No reason not to really.

Prime Junta

ME3- didn't have the will to play it after ME2. Maybe Ill check it out with the remaster, idk.

The only thing irredeemably wrong about ME3 is the last five minutes. Other than that it's a perfectly acceptable game. There are even some seriously good bits, the closure to the Tuchanka arc for example.

Silverfish

Arbiter
That's funny, I was the other way around. I thought the bulk of ME3 was a repetitive, boring slog, but the ending at least had some flair.

jac8awol

Arbiter
Man, I don't give a shit about remastering, tech improvements or whatever. I just dropped in to say I enjoyed ME1. The initial premise, that there is an ancient alien civilization just outside of our dimension, waiting to kill the entire galaxy, and our only hope of surviving is to kill their messenger, that was absolute gold. Genius level hook for a story. I bought into that big time. I thought gameplay, FPS RPG hybrid stuff was dumb, I didn't particularly enjoy anything except the main story, which I gobbled up like fluids to a starved hooker.

Which is why I was so disappointed that the series went the way it did. ME2 improved a lot of systems, was more polished, better to play, but the plot had so many gaping bullshit moments that it was ruined for me. Couldn't believe it was written by the same guy. Utter failure.

racofer

Thread Incliner
I bought into that big time. I thought gameplay, FPS RPG hybrid stuff was dumb, I didn't particularly enjoy anything except the main story, which I gobbled up like fluids to a starved hooker.

VXO1d8t.png

Kainan

Learned
Man, I don't give a shit about remastering, tech improvements or whatever. I just dropped in to say I enjoyed ME1. The initial premise, that there is an ancient alien civilization just outside of our dimension, waiting to kill the entire galaxy, and our only hope of surviving is to kill their messenger, that was absolute gold. Genius level hook for a story.
Doesnt that sound kind of retarded? I found the whole Citadel is a trap story pretty bs and couldnt take it seriousy.

Kainan

Learned
I appreciate epicness sure but they shouldve started with smaller scale like BG1s plot, not jump into galaxy saving right away.

Prime Junta

The initial premise, that there is an ancient alien civilization just outside of our dimension, waiting to kill the entire galaxy, and our only hope of surviving is to kill their messenger, that was absolute gold.

It's also, like, the hoariest cliché in space opera. Still, nothing wrong with reusing them, if they're done well.

My main beef with the entire ME series, very much including ME1, is that they just completely ran out of ideas with the Reapers. The WE ARE BEYOND YOUR COMPREHENSION villain speech was peak derp, and it only went downhill from there. They had no idea what they were about other than that they periodically harvested civilisations, and kept changing their mind about it all through the series, and yes it got dumber with each instalment, and I didn't think it was possible to get dumber than the giant chrome skeleton shooting death rays out of its eyes.

If they had thought that through, they would've been able to write a decent ending for ME3, too.

moon knight

Matt7895's alt
They had no idea what they were about other than that they periodically harvested civilisations.

I mean, if you write a villain that is beyond human comprehension, then you can't explain their motivations in any meaningful way. The Reapers should've remain a mystery. An elemental threat

Last edited:

Avarize

Magister
They should have just copied the motivation for the reapers from Alistair Reynolds too. Just leave out the retarded terraformers that came after.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

https://www.videogameschronicle.com...ber-release-but-could-slip-journalist-claims/

Mass Effect trilogy remaster ‘scheduled for October release but could slip’, journalist claims
REPORTER SAYS $60 PRODUCT WILL INCLUDE ‘UPGRADED’ VERSIONS OF THE ORIGINAL GAMES

rthrthrth-1920x1080-cropped-320x180.jpg

Electronic Arts has been planning to announce and release a Mass Effect trilogy remaster in October 2020.

That’s according to GamesBeat journalist Jeff Grubb, who made the claim during a podcast on Friday.

While he’s still “pretty confident” EA’s targeting an October release for the unannounced product, Grubb said the publisher’s plans could yet change given the upheaval caused by the coronavirus.

“Up until like this last week, I know the plan for sure was to announce it in early October, release in later in October. So good news.

“Maybe bad news, it’s 2020, maybe that could start to slip, it sounds like maybe that’s a possibility, nothing for sure yet.”

He added: “I know it’s real. I’ve seen more than enough evidence to know it’s real, but it’s still 2020 and they haven’t announced it yet.”

EA has confirmed plans to launch space dogfighting game Star Wars Squadrons, a $40 console and PC title, on October 2.

“I think they were planning to have this Mass Effect trilogy be the other big thing for $60 this holiday, so that’s why I’m still pretty confident it will make it out,” Grubb said, “but with everything else falling apart, like across the board, I could see them also wanting to just delay.

“But that’s not for sure, that’s not a guarantee yet, like that hasn’t even been decided yet, it just seems like it’s a possibility that’s on the table, but last I heard, October, October for both [games].”

Grubb also said fans of the sci-fi series should expect upgraded versions of the three games rather than full remakes.

“I don’t know that for sure, I would probably lean towards upgrade. I think when I asked around about this, that was kind of the vibe I was getting, and I think that’s what people should expect for sure.”

Grubb claimed in June that EA would release a Mass Effect trilogy remaster in its current financial year ending in March 2021.

The BioWare RPG trilogy released for Xbox 360, PS3 and PC between 2007 and 2012.

Given the popularity of the series (the original three games had sold some 14 million units as of 2014), it’s perhaps surprising that they haven’t been remastered for modern platforms before now.

However, the fourth Mass Effect game, 2017’s Andromeda, received the most divisive reviews of the series, which could have reduced excitement around the franchise.

Kotaku claimed in November 2019 that an entirely new Mass Effect game is in the “very early” stages of development at BioWare Edmonton.

The game is reportedly being directed by Mike Gamble, who has worked at BioWare for a decade serving as development manager on Mass Effect 2 and in producer roles on Mass Effect 3 and Andromeda.

Gamble also served as lead producer on 2019’s troubled Anthem, which is being overhauled as BioWare looks to turn around the fortunes of its first new intellectual property in over a decade.

Another project in development at BioWare, Dragon Age 4, isn’t expected to be released before April 2022, according to EA.

In a behind-the-scenes video released this week, BioWare confirmed that the next Dragon Age game is “still in early production”.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom