Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mass Effect Legendary Edition remaster trilogy

Myobi

Liturgist
Yes but you can't consider him a final boss, and combat in ME3 is better, the shooting and the movement of Shepard is smooth, ME2 felt a little stiff. If you think otherwise you know nothing about shooters.

...that was a joke.

I agree that ME3 was overall better, I think the only real bummer about it was the ending, it became better with the DLC, but still… I really believe they could have done way better than that deux ex machina horse shit =/

Last edited:

Learned
I think the only real bummer about it was the ending

Why do so many people keep saying this?

ME3 is a shitshow with ginormous red flags from the very beginning. The only noteworthy pros are its somewhat improved gunplay and reactivity from imported saves.

Myobi

Liturgist
Why do so many people keep saying this?

ME3 is a shitshow with ginormous red flags from the very beginning. The only noteworthy pros are its somewhat improved gunplay and reactivity from imported saves.

Because... "many" people disagree with you? It's almost like everyone as right to their own opinion, crazy, I know.

he's actually right. me3 starts with "oh god i let that kid die i won't ever go over this" and five seconds later he's all like

then the dreams, the fogs, the mysterious mystery of the mystery of mystery and again dreams and fogs and fogs and dreams and all of this amounts to fuck all.
me3 is retarded since second one.

Myobi

Liturgist
then the dreams, the fogs, the mysterious mystery of the mystery of mystery and again dreams and fogs and fogs and dreams and all of this amounts to fuck all.

So… the main problem with me3 is not the ending, is that all those annoying scenes in the end all amount to fuck all, aight… ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Learned
Because... "many" people disagree with you? It's almost like everyone as right to their own opinion, crazy, I know.

I'm not saying you can't have different opinions, individual with Mass Effect avatar.

I just have a hard time following your train of thought when you say it's marred by its ending and is otherwise good. I've been reading it online since 2012, even before the optimistically named Extended Cut. And I don't see it, sorry.

ME1 was a good game. Not the best, but a very enjoyable game. I played through it at least twice. The setting and lore is familiar enough to get what you want out of Scifi, while still being its own entity. It's also very well executed. ME2 removed some of the adventure and further consolized the mechanics, but not irredeemably. It made up for it with sheer polish and glitz that was still satisfying. ME3 mildly improved the gameplay over ME2, but the plot became very strained, and the overall polish which made the series's missteps and mistakes forgivable, was lacking. Ending on a sour note, did not help one bit. Being that ME series strengths were mostly about a tightly focused adventure and plot, I can't see myself caring to play a remaster in the next several decades.

So… the main problem with me3 is not the ending, is that all those annoying scenes in the end all amount to fuck all, aight… ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
no, they're ALSO a problem.
it has so many problems i don't want to try to recall them. please, i suffered enough once.

Myobi

Liturgist
I'm not saying you can't have different opinions, individual with Mass Effect avatar.

I never said you did, individual with a nigger avatar.

I merely answered the question you made me.

“How come a lot of people like X when I think it’s shit?!?”

… chemtrails, got to be chemtrails then, it’s the only logic explanation… actually! Maybe, just maybe… 5G!

I just have a hard time following your train of thought when you say it's marred by its ending and is otherwise good. I've been reading it online since 2012, even before the optimistically named Extended Cut. And I don't see it, sorry.

That’s not exactly what I’ve said, allow me to quote myself:

“I think the only real bummer about it was the ending”

“I think”, as in, in my opinion, I think the only real problem is the ending.

Because as I explained in the other post, IF those annoying ass PTSD scenes and whatnot actually ended up having a purpose, they would been fine, not “good”, but fine, as in, acceptable, but again, I speak only for myself here!

What else do you want me to tell you? It’s like you are expecting me to sit here and convince you to like and be fine with the same shit that I do, no mate, fuck that, you can shit on Mass Effect as much as you want to, especially Andromeda, do shit on Andromeda… sorry if my “avatar” gave you the wrong impression, it’s just that Legion is just the best waifu.

no, they're ALSO a problem.

it has so many problems i don't want to try to recall them. please, i suffered enough once.

So… the main problem with me3 is not the ending, the problem is that they’re ALSO a problem, because the problem is that in the end it all amounts to fuck all, but the problem is also that it has many problems, so many other problems, that it would be a problem bringing all dem problems up, and suffering trough all them problems again would be problematic for you.

Dude, I have no fucking clue what ya saying, it’s clearly to advanced for my tiny brain, but I think I’ll be forced to agree with it.

Cat Dude

Savant
It is amazed me that there are guys here who still care about that popamole shit they called rpg

So… the main problem with me3 is not the ending, the problem is that they’re ALSO a problem, because the problem is that in the end it all amounts to fuck all, but the problem is also that it has many problems, so many other problems, that it would be a problem bringing all dem problems up, and suffering trough all them problems again would be problematic for you.

Dude, I have no fucking clue what ya saying, it’s clearly to advanced for my tiny brain, but I think I’ll be forced to agree with it.
you either lack the most basic comprehension skills, are a retard or a troll. either way, i don't need you.

tindrli

Arcane
https://www.gematsu.com/2020/05/rumor-mass-effect-trilogy-remaster-due-out-by-march-31-2021

Rumor: Mass Effect Trilogy remaster due out by March 31, 2021

In its fiscal year Q4 2020 results published on May 5, Electronic Arts said it has 14 titles planned for release in fiscal year 2021, which ends on March 31, 2021. One of those titles, which Electronic Arts labeled “additional EA HD title,” is a Mass Effect Trilogy remaster, according to VentureBeat‘s Jeff Grubb.
giphy.gif

Myobi

Liturgist
you either lack the most basic comprehension skills, are a retard or a troll. either way, i don't need you.

Fuck dude, now that’s just rude… don’t try to insult people with your mouth full, swallow those god damn crayons first! Pfft, trolling you… as if I would ever troll such a lovely lil fella like you.

“I think the only real bummer about it was the ending”

“the dreams, the fogs, the mysterious mystery of the mystery of mystery and again dreams and fogs and fogs and dreams and all of this amounts to fuck all.”

“So… the main problem with me3 is not the ending, is that all those annoying scenes in the end all amount to fuck all, aight… ¯\_(ツ)_/¯”

“no, they're ALSO a problem. It has so many problems i don't want to try to recall them.”

C’mon, let’s be fair… it’s a little hard to take you serious at this point.

… but yes dude, “they're ALSO a problem”, because in the end it “all amount to fuck all”, thus why in my opinion the ending is the main problem with the game, because not just the scenes you mention, but most of what you go through, and every choice you made, “all amount to fuck all” regardless the fancy color you pick, IF that shit eventually amounted to something worthwhile, then it wouldn’t be much of a problem, that’s all I’m saying.

Learned
I've always been wondering who posted the Quarian sweat fanfic on BSN. Nice to finally meet you, sir. Now finish your animal shaped noodles before they get cold and Mommy gets upset.

I never said you did, individual with a nigger avatar.

We used to be royalty and excrement.

Wyatt_Derp

Arcane
ME1>ME2>ME3

Linear progression of decline

But of course either Kotor >>>>>>>>>>> ME1

There's usually a problem 3s.

1 - Intro, get things cooking.
2 - Build tension, conflict between heroes and villains. End dramatically with stingers or cliffhanger in order to make a reason for part 3.
3 - Overplay plot threads, ignore others, bury motivation, remove humor and wit, render heroes invincible with deus ex device, piss on franchise and send everyone home disappointed.

*Wait 5 or 6 years for things to simmer. Public has memory span of gold fish and will forget past harms. Repackage with fresh beats and new faces. Rinse and repeat as desired.

Myobi

Liturgist
I've always been wondering who posted the Quarian sweat fanfic on BSN. Nice to finally meet you, sir. Now finish your animal shaped noodles before they get cold and Mommy gets upset.

Ah, when Mass Effect 3 is so bad that you go off to BSN just to read “Quarian sweat” fanfic instead, hell yeah. You got the wrong person though, but I’ll gladly take the source, for a friend of course, for scientifically purposes…

Also, wtf, no need to be jelly of my animal shaped noodles, I’ll share if you ask nicely.

It's a vampire, not a nigger, you dumbfuck!

Alright, alright, I’ll tell you what, we can settle with vampigger then.

Last edited:

Prime Junta

Will there be more than one font in the galaxy? If not, hard pass.

I stopped playing ME3 early on because the gameplay had devolved to rip-off Gears of War. Shit game don’t even remember why I liked the second.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom