Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mass Effect Legendary Edition remaster trilogy

alyvain

Learned
as evident from the WE ARE BEYOND YOUR COMPREHENSION villain speech among other things.

the saddest thing is that they turned to be beyond writer's comprehension as well

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
Pretty sure Kaidan was supposed to be bi from the start, but executive meddling didn't allow it to happen till ME3.

Sykar

Arcane
This is what a remaster needs:
sexy_wrex_by_du_hjarta_skulblaka_d9193rw-fullview.jpg

Roman-cable Wrex! He will make you feel full-filled!
:troll:

Atlantico

unida e indivisible
Patron
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Vatnik In My Safe Space
Make the Codex Great Again!
My fear is that the Bioware hacks would change the Mass Effect Prothean look from this:

iu

to something like this, in a remaster:

Prothean_Profile.png

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
Those statues are not Prothean they are from a race that was part of their empire
It's pretty clearly a retcon IMO. It would've been too hard to animate those squid things, so they took the easy route and made the Protheans look like the Collectors.

Prime Junta

It's pretty clearly a retcon IMO. It would've been too hard to animate those squid things, so they took the easy route and made the Protheans look like the Collectors.

Just another example of the lazy worldbuilding.

A space opera like this needs solid worldbuilding, a huge part of the appeal is discovering ancient artefacts and alien civilisations. That's why the uniform visual design is such a letdown, almost every place in the entire galaxy looks the same, and also ugly and boring same.

There isn't a smidgen of grace or beauty about any of it anywhere, even the supposedly aesthetic asari build exactly the same kind of mall/office-block ugly shit as everyone else. It's like the visual designers never poked their nose out of their cubicle and designed everything to look like the same soul-crushing open-plan office they're forced to work in.

J1M

Arcane
I hope in the process of remastering ME1 the ME5 team realizes that there needs to be a citadel-like area that is large enough to explore.

Also, that running up the side of the citadel tower was more exciting than anything they put in the sequels.

Codex Year of the Donut
It would've been too hard to animate those squid things,
'k
image.png
This is quite clearly implied to be the Inusannon, BTW.
Here's the codex entry:
"Adjutant" is the Cerberus codename for the experimental subjects created at a secret facility beyond the Omega-4 relay. The creatures are based on Reaper technology, and the adjutants encountered on Omega have the ability to infect any life-form to create a new adjutant.

Adjutants are deadly pack hunters. They initially remain hidden, observing potential victims and distracting them with subtle whispers. When they select a target, adjutants ambush them with charged projectiles that create a violently unstable mass effect field that causes severe disorientation and renders the target helpless. Enhanced muscle tissue gives adjutants the ability to leap surprising distances, allowing them to close in and infect their target quickly.

The baseline form of the being does not match any known species. Xenobiologists suspect that Reapers may have originally created and implemented the virus several cycles before the Prothean extinction and that it still carries genetic traces of its original host. If this is true, then like the Collectors, adjutants are a glimpse into the distant past at a species whose very existence -- and struggle against the Reapers -- has long been forgotten.

donkeymong

Scholar
Mass Effect had the best story/atmosphere of the trilogy introducing great ideas with future payoffs and the game had an underrated soundtrack as well.

Strong disagree. Everything looked either like a shopping mall or a bombed-out parking garage.

I could have sworn the Citadel had places that look like a park, a gambling hall and a club...
And is alone bigger then all "hubs" in Mass Effect 2 combined.
The world and story was a cheap knock-off from Babylon 5 without a shred of originality, and the borrowing was done thoughtlessly and carelessly

Now this is strange, because i cant remember neither the Shadows nor the Vorlons wanted to wipe out all advanced spacefaring civilisations. And neither were robots. But i guess i have just issues with my memory....

Last edited:

donkeymong

Scholar

Would you also say that Bioware shall get rid of sound in space, good sir?
Yes, but i would be content if Npc would wear proper armor in space and hazardous enviroments again. Instead of high heels and/or breating mask, exposed chests and arms.

And at least those sidequests had dialogue and choices

Would you indulge me and say what quests you mention? Wouldn't it be the wipeouts of copy-pasted space bases in uncharted spaces or the pinnacle of C&C where you go back and forth throught the citadel to return the body of a the diseased soldier to his grieving widow?[/QUOTE]

Of course( not all of them had those, but there are enough examples):
https://masseffect.fandom.com/wiki/Biotic_Cultist
https://masseffect.fandom.com/wiki/Noveria:_Smuggling
https://masseffect.fandom.com/wiki/UNC:_Dead_Scientists
https://masseffect.fandom.com/wiki/Garrus:_Find_Dr._Saleon
https://masseffect.fandom.com/wiki/Blackmailer
https://masseffect.fandom.com/wiki/Citadel:_Schells_the_Gambler
That should be enough examples.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom