Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Rumors about Final Fantasy X-3

Discussion in 'jRPG Weeaboo Discussion' started by hexer, Oct 1, 2019.

1. kalganoat Learned

kalganoat
    X2 was already bad enough they needed sex appeal to make it sell. X3 is completely unnecessary.

If they want they should work on Type-1 or whatever, the sequel to Type-0. I see potential in Type-0 and they should try again.

^ Top  
  2. hexer Guest

hexer
    Come to think of it how did the little fayth survive in X-2? I thought they've been permanently "released" in X.

Ah yes, Type-0. One can only hope.. I wonder what they have in store for FF XVI?
    I read they're planning on more fantasy, less tech

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. Raghar Arcane

Raghar
    FF with tech world sucked. The problem is when they are using tech world they are showing what they see around themselves, they have no imagination.

Considering X-2 had closed story, there is really no reason to do X-3. It's equally easy to make new story with different characters.

^ Top  
  4. Tehdagah Arcane

Tehdagah
    I still have to play X-2

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. hexer Guest

hexer
    Ok but prepare yourself for something different! Unlike X, it's an open world from the start with an all-girl cast. It mostly focuses on Yuna's feelings.. I tell you, it's a game made primarily for girls

• Yes Yes x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. Falksi Arcane

Falksi
    Exactly.

No reason why there can't be spirits still trapped or roaming somewhere, and we couldn't see some sort of merge with Spira.

Let's juts hope they use their imagination & ignore X-2 mostly.

Yuna & Tidus' story is well over now. No reason they can't make a cameo, but for me Auron is the man who's continueing story I want to play.

^ Top  
  7. Duraframe300 Arcane

Duraframe300
    What potential are we talking about here? Because storytelling was godawful and it and FFXV are the main reasons I don't shed a tear for Tabata.

^ Top  
  8. Volourn Pretty Princess Pretty Princess

Volourn
    Auron was one of the most boring parts of X.

^ Top  
  9. Alex Arcane

Alex
    JRPGs died with the playstation 1.

• FAKE NEWS x 3
    • Agree x 2
    • Yes x 2
    • Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 1
    • Despair x 1
    • :M x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. InD_ImaginE Arcane Patron

InD_ImaginE
    Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    The story of X-2 was not that good but it has one of the most fun ATB combat for the series.

Auron while kewl old guy would be extremely boring as a main character. His story as mentor to Tidus and putting his bud to rest was over as well.

If they really want to make a sequel set in Spira just do it much much later in timeline. The ancient evil was pretty much done for in the setting (twice!) so it could be a more classic evil empire theme instead.

Another problem with X-3 would be the lack of summon I guess? Story wise Aeon is gone after all.

^ Top  
  11. Steamboat Willie Savant

Steamboat Willie
    Agreed. One of the most cliched characters you could make for it's time. Auron is what you would get if you created an AI to design characters and trained it by having it review Live Journal posts and Hot Topic merchandise from 2001.

^ Top  
  12. karoliner Magister

karoliner
    I wish Enix could separate from Square.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Fabulously Optimistic Fabulously Optimistic x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. Reinhardt Arcane

Reinhardt
    You misspelled 2.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • FAKE NEWS FAKE NEWS x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. Zed Duke of Banville Zo Kath Ra Patron

Zed Duke of Banville
    I wish Squaresoft could separate from Enix; the Final Fantasy series has been a trainwreck since the merger. :M

• Cheers!! Cheers!! x 1
    • not sure if serious not sure if serious x 1
    • Yes Yes x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. Hassar Learned

Hassar
    This is the type of fan service that kills whatever artistic value the original game bought. Fans demand fan service and exhibit a willingness to pay so the corporate types will be overjoyed that they can cut costs in every conceivable way and almost be assured of making some profit. You end up with a ridiculous story and timeline but the fans don’t care.

• decline decline x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. Deflowerer Arcane

Deflowerer
    It was all mostly Yoichi Wada's doing starting from 2000/2001 when he was appointed as CFO first. Spirits Within bombed hard and Square had two loss making years in a row under previous management, and at least retrospectively Wada was hailed as the guy who turned it around after those shitty two years and then entered the merger as well.

• Despair Despair x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. hexer Guest

hexer
    Did I misheard something or they're trying to tie in and explain all FF games together in the latest FF XIV expansion?

Speaking of a fan service, I remember a period in early 2000s when people were begging for a PST sequel but Avellone was resolute the story was over.

The idea still lingers in some people's mind, such as Beamdog's recent concepts.
    The thing with Square Enix is that they're big and rich enough to actually attempt something crazy.

^ Top  
  18. InD_ImaginE Arcane Patron

InD_ImaginE
    Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    If anything I want enix to get out from SE. Enix and Tri Ace made the most memorable games on PSX (Star Ocean, Valkyrie Profile, Dragon Quest, Grandia as well IIRC).

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. Deflowerer Arcane

Deflowerer
    Dude, Enix didn't even have in-house development teams.

^ Top  
  20. Duraframe300 Arcane

Duraframe300
    All the people responsible for the trainwreck come from Square :M

The problem wasn´t the merger. The problem was Sakaguchi leaving/getting booted out.

FF Tactics literary came about because Sakaguchi made his personal developer dream team. Some of the best stuff in early Square you can trace back to his decisions.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Despair Despair x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. Delterius Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Delterius
    no idea what the expansion did since it ruined the one fun job but this is brought up from time to time and they always say that hydaelyn is its own shit and that all references are just that

^ Top  
  22. Damned Registrations Prestigious Gentleman Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist

Damned Registrations
    Then they did a good job of finding and funding talent without fucking it up.

^ Top  
  23. hexer Guest

hexer
    Yeah, without Sakaguchi , FF is in shambles.
    Meanwhile, he's producing mobile games.
    Can you fucking believe it
    :negative:

• Despair Despair x 3
    • sad sad x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. flyingjohn Arcane

flyingjohn
    That is mostly his own mistake for making a studio for exclusive jrpgs for a console that had no Japanese fan base.
    Not to mention Blue dragon was boredom incarnate.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Despair Despair x 1
    ^ Top  
  25. Delterius Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Delterius
    how far the mighty have fallen

he does this just to survive

quite like a star trek actor who isn't spock

• honk honk! honk honk! x 1
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.