Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Running With Rifles - top-down tactical shooter with open-world RPG elements

circ

Arcane
Looks kinda nice but cel-shading or whatever needs to stop already, and well, it's just a iso FPS, throwing in a little more tactics would have actually been interesting.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Better than any attempts to revive Jagged Alliance.
Gave me fun just like Doors Kickers.
Considering the fact that I loathe most indie garbage - it's something.

someone else

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Running With Rifles.

ss_60827d52f16b72c821e16538701e50c878f171f8.600x338.jpg

ss_13fa117c28f28a21282509e63ac196599592c6ee.600x338.jpg

ss_db65a36ad0788b58327f5fbdb6e206a7b2444cf6.600x338.jpg

http://cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/2038241/movie480.webm?t=1447372103

http://store.steampowered.com/app/270150/RUNNING_WITH_RIFLES/

Top down shooter.
Think of it as an RTS but you control a soldier with ability to give orders and drive vehicles.
Stealth exist and it works well, I enjoy sneaking into the enemy base and stealing their vehicles.

Is originally meant for singleplayer but plays well on multiplayer.
Multiplayer is mostly PVE.
Has persistent resources and stash that is shared over official servers.
I'm someone who doesn't like multiplayer games but I spend most of my time on multiplayer.
Lots of mods for singleplayer.

Game is out for 2 years+ developer is still updating and around on Discord.

I give 10/10.

Last edited:

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Pacific War expansion, coming this month:

RUNNING WITH RIFLES: PACIFIC is an expansion to the highly rated, top-down tactical shooter RUNNING WITH RIFLES.

In RUNNING WITH RIFLES: PACIFIC, you jump back in time to the Pacific theater of World War II, to witness the epic clash between the Imperial Japanese Army (IJA) and the United States Marine Corps (USMC) - fighting over tiny specs of turf you've never heard of.

Battle with the enemy over islands carved into history - Guadalcanal, Tarawa, Saipan, and more, all based on the real terrain where the IJA and the USMC clashed. Take part in a unique campaign for each faction; will you defend Henderson Airfield at Guadalcanal as the USMC, or strive to take it back as the IJA? Make history or change it - it's up to you.

KEY FEATURES
  • 2 full campaigns spanning the major battles of the Pacific theatre
  • 7 unique maps based on historical locations and battles
  • unique set of historical vehicles, ranging from light tanks, jeeps, land defenses, landing craft, and patrol boats
  • historical arsenal of weapons that evolves as the war progresses
  • new types of weapons such as Flamethrowers, Bayonetted Rifles, and the Katana
  • side objectives such as destroying coastal guns and anti-aircraft guns to rescuing prisoners or repairing abandoned tanks
  • 40+ multiplayer support, dedicated servers, coop, PvP, PvPvE

I am watching the livestream and can't figure out WTF is happening. Looks like an American m4 Sherman and German sdfk250 halftrack are going around on same team or something shooting everything in sight. Looks like clusterfuck, but maybe I just don't know what is happening.

edit: maybe they stole german halftack then? A late model panzer iV eventually came along and wrecked the shermans world..the models look nice.

Last edited by a moderator:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom