Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline RUST

Berekän

A life wasted
Patron
Looks like it could be fun in the long run, but I'm tired of the avalanche of early access games, definitely not investing my time in an alpha.

I've heard horror stories of hackers noclipping into your base, taking all your stuff while you foolishly attempt to kill them, then walking out without saying a single word. I expect them to get better anti-cheat measures later on, but this isn't a god sign.

It's one thing to be robbed by knavish highwaymen, but to have someone walk into your house and calmly rummage through your possessions while you're in the room? They should at least have the decency to acknowledge your presence, mayhap even deeming you worthy of the honor of being pwned and subsequently teabagged.

mck

Cipher
I've heard horror stories of hackers noclipping into your base, taking all your stuff while you foolishly attempt to kill them, then walking out without saying a single word. I expect them to get better anti-cheat measures later on, but this isn't a god sign.

are there videos of this? it sounds hilarious.

Tzaero

DEPARTED
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
One day I heard my brother one day shouting out "Kill the Koreans" and in response I booted him off.
I got onto the computer to find he was in a camp populated by American kids and teenagers, dedicated to driving off all players of Korean descent due to the "lag" they created.

Prior to me getting on the settlement was a raided by several Koreans with machine guns which were repelled by the white kiddies with their bows and arrows.
The whites then decided take the fight to them and raid their lone fort on the plains.
I decided to tag along.

As the night darkened, all the kiddies and teens pulled out their improvised weapons and their torches.
There were probably around thirty of whites in total occupying the wooden settlement and each and everyone of them were baying for blood.
Just before the party set off one shouted out, "we will exterminate them all".

The raid on the fort was anticipated and the four Asian occupants had their machine guns at the ready aimed at the mass approaching them.
As their white enemy's war cries grew louder and closer they opened fire and around eight died in the first exchange of bullets.
The remaining whites had started to build a structure to get onto of the fort, but they too were cut down.
Their reinforcements arrived and used the existing structures to get in but only ended up adding falling to the list of causes of death.

Eventually the white kids retreated, and once again they vowed to fight and remove the yellow menace.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
It's got potential, but at this point it's really just an exercise in frustration if you're playing solo. People playing in groups can too easily end up dominating the entire server, making it impossible for anyone else to make any significant progress.

I'll play again once Garry has decided what he actually wants to do with the game.

Self-Ejected

AngryEddy

Self-Ejected
To the previous poster about the Whites vs Koreans, this is a very real phenomena. I just got out of a server where there was a race war going on, and people were like "FUCKING KOREANS!"

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2014-01-17-the-mod-squad-facepunchs-garry-newman-on-rust

"Rust has made about 40% of what GMod made in 9 years"

(Actually it's 55%: https://twitter.com/garrynewman/status/425196985034219520)

Q: You're getting rid of the zombies, aren't you?

Garry Newman: Yeah, we really wanted to get rid of them before we launched on Steam, but kind of failed, because we didn't want people reviewing it as just another zombie survival game. We want to remove them, though - we'll probably end up removing them and replacing them with nothing, first, then working something else in eventually. We don't want to rush and end up replacing zombies with mutants or something.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
Why have AI enemies at all, though? They're clearly aiming for a competitive multiplayer game with survival elements, so just skip the AI enemies entirely then.

fighting with mobs is always fair, they play by the rules, don't cheese/cheat and are always available without queues.
at least pve content should.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard

Out of Early Access.

Next update they promised to censor nudity finaly.

Ranselknulf

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Steam summer sale going on right now.

$20 seems like it might be worth a shot at that price.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom