Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline RYSE of the no-QTE QTEs

Launch trailer, more of the same. Call of Rome.

Dr Tomo

Learned
Fuck Crytek and their continuing decline. A shame, since they were decent at the time of Farcry and Crysis/Warhead.

On a semi-related note, Crytek's F2P shooter WARFACE is a steaming pile of shit. Say what you will about the yearly COD, but COD is miles better than this wanna-be Warface.
Ha it really was, the studio has no concept of map design. That IP is pretty much dead and only people from third world countries play that turd on a regular basis.

Launch trailer, more of the same. Call of Rome.

If Crytek plays their cards right they might get a deal with Fox or who ever to make a movie to heavily help supplement their income.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
This makes me a bit sad, Crytek used to be a big brown hope for PC gaming once. I genuinely think Crysis 1 is the best pure FPS eve rmade, it was such a splash back in the day, such a spark of light in the darkest days of console decline.

Everything after that was like watching your good friend turning from a whiz kid to a deranged homeless bum.

Dr Tomo

Learned
If Crytek plays their cards right they might get a deal with Fox or who ever to make a movie to heavily help supplement their income.

This is what they said they're actually already planning, to provide pre-production services for major Hollywood studios.

Guess I can look forward to paying $10 to watch this movie and the Wow movie when it hits theaters.

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
Same reason why 2nd century Romans appear to be besieging a middle ages stone castle manned by Gauls at Omaha Beach, or how the main character appears to be wearing Lorica Segmentata that has been fashioned by the fucking elves of Rivendell.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
I wonder how the consoletards will respond to this? Will they lap it up, or is the gameplay too simplistic and QTE heavy even for them? I have no idea really.

Pegultagol

Erudite
They will be appeased by the graphics at first but by the end of it all will get tired of the sheer repetitiveness, uneven pacing, and general lack of a good and believable story.

They should've gone full-bore Kinect and include a plastic sword to emulate swings and whet even more fancy. I don't know if Kinect is capable of such moves and translate it on screen (doubt it) but it could have at least set it apart other than being an umpteenth God of War clone.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Pretty PR&Marketing fella with blacklist cant carry a lame game anymore.

Didn't they release kracken rewievs too early? Like, they're not New Zelands or something?

Still no readable rewiev, only videos, and I hate them.

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Xbone is released in about 17 hours in the kwa. Maybe the embargo was till today so people can get hyped up about all kewl gaemz at the release.

Dexter

Arcane
bXgkSui.jpg

:M

Who the fuck allows these type of assholes to review games and why, what the fuck does this have to do with the quality of the game (which is likely shit anyway)?

Bonus:
zq0uDiG.png

Last edited:

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
I guess Crytek is just accommodating to the large (mostly) US/UK Xbawks audience: Satisfying the undercurrent hunger of angry young marginalized males by allowing them to bash the shit out of fags/gays/lieberals with manly gladius and shield. It's the only way how they can express their frustration, and Ryse/Xbox offers them this valve without repercussions or racist accusations.

Polygon recognized this undercurrent and calls them out for it. Bullshit ensues. Money will be made.

Last edited:

Tehdagah

Arcane
It's Polygon, so for sure they are omitting facts and changing context. They did the same thing with 'Killer is Dead' review.

Gord

Arcane
Maybe.
Then again the whole game looks so heavily awesome-dudebroish-Michael-Bay-serious-business-millitury-glorification that I wouldn't be surprised about homophobic undertones as well.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom