Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Ryu Ga Gotoku Studio (Yakuza, Judgment, Binary Domain + more!) Discussion Thread

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
That's a lot of Yakuza, but what in the hell is THIS?

yakuza-8-will-feature-a-return-for-series-hero-kazuma-kiryu-1jrr.jpg
what 2 years of retirement do to a motherfucker
I dunno, looks ok.
About goddamn time the 50 year old looks thus.

Belegarsson

Think about hairy dwarfs all the time ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
So I'm not even halfway through LAD yet, but it seems like he's disguising as another Joon-gi Han?

Anyway, another event, another Judgment bamboozle

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
So we will be getting 8,Ishin,Gaiden,Judgement and Lost Judgement?

ezgif-com-gif-maker-3.gif

Now if they could also port Fist of the North Star :Lost Paradise
gay.png
gay.png
gay.png
gay.png
gay.png

P.S. That Kiryu picture from 8 does look like shit,he looks fine in Gaiden,what happened to him?

Ivan

Arcane
majestic news. what a time to be alive: ISHIN GAIDEN JUDGEMENT JUDGEMENT 2 brawlers + Yakuza 8 JRPG

Starfield who? I'll be busy with these. also, it only took Kiryu to have great grandchildren before he fully greyed

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
Pricing could be better with Judgement(s), but holy shit did SEGA completely destroy everyone else or what with their Yakuza announcements?

Belegarsson

Think about hairy dwarfs all the time ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Refrain from buying at the moment, there's supposed to be a Judgment Collection that should be cheaper than buying separately.

Häyhä

Arbiter
So the new team without Nagoshi's leadership decided to pussy out and bring back Kiryu in not just one, but two games, quite a disappointment for someone who has been on board since Yakuza on PS2. Kiryu's story arc was over and done for and now he's what, some kind of monk/secret agent? Retarded and unnecessary. I had hopes the new team could maybe bring new ideas and games similar to Judgment, but instead they chose to cuck to fan boys and continue to milk the character who's story was done with.

Good news is that at least Ishin is FINALLY coming out, hopefully the engine change doesn't cause problems.

Terra

Cipher
Damn, can we get any more Yakuza goodness, think I've overdosed on it now. Sega's knocking it out the park.

It'sa shame that Yakuza went mainstream. Yakuza 0 was a mistake

Ha, I remember when Yakuza first launched on PS2 and collectively; Sega, reviewers and just regular players on forums were all doing a fucking terrible job conveying what it actually was. Some insisted it was a Japanese GTA, others that it was a JRPG, but then you look at it and it looks more like some type of brawler (think this was before Youtube was mainstream, as well). Unable to nail down a consensus on just what the heck Yakuza actually was from online source, I ended up pirating it and just whacking the ISO on my PS2's hard drive for a rainy day. Eventually got around to playing it and I was hooked, became a loyal fan ever since and bought every entry. Was nice to see it finally get the acclaim it deserved after having to force Sega's hand on earlier entries back in the day.

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron
What a crazy amount of announcements. Can't wait to play Judgement.

Ivan

Arcane
wait, WUT, Judgement is out NOW?!?
:shredder::shredder::shredder::shredder::shredder::shredder:

will have to shake up my gaming queue

edit: agree with above, Kiryu's story is DONE. leave em alone. if this is just an epilogue story...fine

Last edited:

Häyhä

Arbiter
I fully expect the boyband "Kiryu" in Yakuza 8 to be Joon-gi Han or someone else who has gone under cosmetic surgery (for reasons) to look like Kiryu. Remember this in 2024, boys.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom