Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Ryu Ga Gotoku Studio (Yakuza, Judgment, Binary Domain + more!) Discussion Thread

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
agree with above, Kiryu's story is DONE. leave em alone. if this is just an epilogue story...fine
I'm assuming most fans wanted the dude to have a better ending or something. I don't agree myself, but if that's what it is, that's what it is.

ADL

Prophet
I'm fine with Kiryu in Gaiden and 8 but this really should be the last time we see him. A whole standalone title connecting 6 to 8 and 8 itself is more than enough to wrap things up and go all in on the new protagonist.

Nortar

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Well, shit...

douIlNL.png

woman-screaming-noooo-ikjg23exqo1zynuh.gif

eKcfAAO.png

CfFSKtJ.png

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
agree with above, Kiryu's story is DONE. leave em alone. if this is just an epilogue story...fine
I'm assuming most fans wanted the dude to have a better ending or something. I don't agree myself, but if that's what it is, that's what it is.

Well the ending of 6 was kinda meh and it didn't really make sense for Kiryu to have to play dead any more than he did in the past,personally I would like a better conclusion to his story and I hope they manage to do that.

Alphons

Cipher
Since Awano (and a bunch of other 0 characters like Bacchus, Shibusawa, Nugget and Makoto) is in the Ishin trailer, does it mean that we'll be getting Kuze again?
IMG-20220914-174334.jpg

Gameplay reveal (in Japanese)

Last edited:

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Since Awano (and a bunch of other 0 characters like Bacchus, Shibusawa, Nugget and Makoto) is in the Ishin trailer, does it mean that we'll be getting Kuze again?
IMG-20220914-174334.jpg

Gameplay reveal (in Japanese)

Kuze was in it.
Kinda bummed that they replaced OG hanpechi with shibusawa

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
The Judgment Collection is 12% off on Fanatical for 87 euros if anyone is interested in buying it right now,the individual titles are also 12% off.

BTW I saw that the collection is the number 2 seller on Steam right now after the Steam Deck

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
If you want both games, that edition is the way to go. I think it also includes the second game's DLC.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Why the fuck is Like a Dragon 8 releasing on PS4 in 2024?

I think they're not sure there will be enough PS5 units in Japan even by 2024. I heard it's pretty hardcore there for an average customer to obtain a PS5, and the situation got worse with Chinese and others buying bulk of them thanks to the JPY depreciation.

Jinn

Arcane
I just have to say that I woke up to all this news earlier today and it completely blind-sided me. I'm in absolute RGS heaven right now. These fucking beasts did a Kiryu-style heat move on me, but in the best possible way. Every single announcement looks great. Can't wait to get Judgement later today. I've waited so long!

Bless this studio. Now just give us Dragon difficulty at the very start of the games, please!

LarryTyphoid

Scholar
Are you serious? We get Ishin localized and it's some dogshit Dragon Engine demake like Kiwami 2? Oh, wait, it's not even the Dragon Engine, it's Unreal Engine, so it's gonna be even more of a disaster. Why not just port the original game that ran on the 0 engine? So they can cram in more shitty asset flip minigames? What a joke. If this game is anything like Kiwami 2, it's going to completely destroy the controls and pacing of the original game. They've already made casting changes, and I bet there'll be music changes too. I wanted to play Ishin, not some budget asset-flip garbage that RGG Studio shit out with no effort or care like the Kiwami games. And that's what this is: Ishin Kiwami. That's literally the Japanese title, which was removed for the western release, which definitely means that we will NEVER get the original Ishin localized, ever - or even released on new consoles. It'll rot on the PS3 just like Yakuza 1 and 2 are rotting on the PS2.

I thought you fags in this thread would be more knowledgeable about this, yet I come in and see you CELEBRATING it like all of the Reddit Zerobabies who think that the Kiwami games are good.

FUCK these announcements. The only good news is Judgement/Judge Eyes on PC. Otherwise? Secret agent Kiryu, another gay JRPG in a main series of fucking BEAT-EM-UPS, and a piece of shit demake of a game that westerners will never get to play? :decline::keepmymoney::decline:
Yakuza is fucking SHIT now

LarryTyphoid

Scholar
I also just want to kek at the idea of remaking Ishin, a game that came out like 5 years ago. Can't wait for Yakuza 6 Kiwami! Or Yakuza 0 Kiwami! Judgement Kiwami is going to be based!!

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I also just want to kek at the idea of remaking Ishin, a game that came out like 5 years ago. Can't wait for Yakuza 6 Kiwami! Or Yakuza 0 Kiwami! Judgement Kiwami is going to be based!!
It's unfortunate that it's not a 1-1 recreation of the original, but we'll take what we get.

OG Ishin was released 8 years ago, not 5 years ago.

Silentstorm

Learned
Honestly, the Ishin remake still looks fun, it does feel pandering though when they shove new characters that look like popular ones from previous games that weren't in the first Ishin, which is honestly the kinda blatant move that i still don't really care about, the gameplay seems fine so far at least.

8 is...well i actually enjoyed 7 as a fun JRPG, i did think it needed some spicing up when it comes to combat, really felt like a 16 Bit JRPG, but the story and setting more than made up for that and i quite liked Ichiban.

As for 6...well, as you can see from this very thread, some people weren't happy with 6's ending for Kiryu and it wasn't necessarily that it wasn't the possible happiest ending for him, they just found it stupid or not suitable, like him dying after beating up a literal army and falling to his wounds after saving the day would have been much much better than 6's ending which was...well, it's apparently hated enough RGG can easily bring back Kiryu to shut people up.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Honestly, the Ishin remake still looks fun, it does feel pandering though when they shove new characters that look like popular ones from previous games that weren't in the first Ishin, which is honestly the kinda blatant move that i still don't really care about, the gameplay seems fine so far at least
I didn't see Broh Hamazaki in the remake either.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom