Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Ryu Ga Gotoku Studio (Yakuza, Judgment, Binary Domain + more!) Discussion Thread

Ivan

Arcane
top 10 anime moment for sure

Nirvash

Liturgist
What was the deal with the italian cafè murder, holy damn what a stupid long subquest for a pointless 200k, the hell i even do with the money.

And where is date gone hiding after serena 2.0 kicked him out.

Hopefully daigo will get murdered in the meantime.

Rean

Head Codexian Weeb
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Just finished Y5 in a maelstrom of drunkenness, clocked in at about 100 hours. Think that's the longest I've ever had for a game in the franchise and I didn't even get to do all I wanted to.
Fucking awesome beyond belief, strong contender for the number one spot alongside 0.
Best endgame in the whole series.

I'm starting Y6 but I'm already giving it minus points for using the Remaster Dragon Engine. Looks like shit, can't even come close to portraying Kiryu's ruggedness the way it's shown in 5.

Rean

Head Codexian Weeb
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
The fuck is this thing?
This is the new mama of Serena?

GODDESS Reina is rolling in her grave.

image.png

latest

Nirvash

Liturgist
She's got... DATED

Well, done yakuza 3

D9aYKiD.jpg

It was so... short? The whole final part was like a flash.
Completition rate is a joke, i like missed 250 foods lol.

I give a 8+ about all okinawa and the kids.
I give a 4 about fuckfucho, so damn stale.
I give 6+ to the story, it was... still stupid but not pants in the head stupid like kiwami 1-2.
I give 5 about the ending, nothing about the deaths? What was the deal with the hobo in the epilogue? (i even legit forgot about that dude*)
I give 6- about minigames, loved golf but the run/chase thing was absolute garbage, wtf the cabaret.
I give 5 about battle system, i actually like getting swarmed as you are SUPPOSED to be but kiryu can't really move around well, very little options here, exp/lv system is also a big joke.

*Had to check the damn wiki to rememeber him lol, and i see he's revelant in the next game.

OK yakuza 4 in download, Kiryu is just way overdone at this point.

Nirvash

Liturgist
OK, yakuza 4 on.

Explain to me why this (awesome) loan kickgod dude is... rick as fuck? But his wallet is so damn empy.

Nirvash

Liturgist
OK, yakuza 4 on.

Explain to me why this (awesome) loan kickgod dude is... rick as fuck? But his wallet is so damn empy.

OIP.OhpSefYp5QwrAxKwqEkYHgHaCs

Holy damn now i get it.

Ok, i got the "story" and i really don't get it.
I mean, the murder was 100% a VERY silly set up, is daigo such a moron?
No wait, let me guess, the majestic and big tojo clan is in some state of major weakness (no way) and just can't afford a war vs those literally who?

And damn cabaret is the same shit as 3.

Alphons

Cipher
>finally enter Volcano
>nice, some pachinko gossip for the girls
>can't interact with pachinkos
>google "yakuza 4 pc pachinko bug"
>they removed pachinko from PC releases

:x

Nirvash

Liturgist
>finally enter Volcano
>nice, some pachinko gossip for the girls
>can't interact with pachinkos
>google "yakuza 4 pc pachinko bug"
>they removed pachinko from PC releases

:x

Omg are you fucking shitting me, is not unlocked later, is removed?
And arcade still only got that motion sickness garbage.

:negative:

I hope golf is still here and expanded.

Nirvash

Liturgist
ok part 2... saejima.

Omg the redemption of

RIP hamazaki

Still...

l6UuZaf.jpg

THAT FUCKING SWEAT DROP

HARUKA WANTED IT, YOU SLUT

Rean

Head Codexian Weeb
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
The fuck is this thing?

image.png

latest
It's a different mama from snack bar in a different location. Play Yakuza 6 to find out

I was just drunkposting as I was starting out the game.
Still not a fan of her character about 20 hours in, though.

I'll say that despite not being a fan of the changes the engine has had on characters' faces, the environmental details in this game are fuckin top notch. I love walking around Hiroshima.

TheImplodingVoice

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
The fuck is this thing?

image.png

latest
It's a different mama from snack bar in a different location. Play Yakuza 6 to find out

I was just drunkposting as I was starting out the game.
Still not a fan of her character about 20 hours in, though.

I'll say that despite not being a fan of the changes the engine has had on characters' faces, the environmental details in this game are fuckin top notch. I love walking around Hiroshima.
The dragon engine really blew me away with how great it looked. At the the time it looked too good to be a Yakuza game:positive:and Kiwami 2 looked even better.

Alphons

Cipher
Finished main story in 4.

While the story had some good moments, finale definitely wasn't among them.

The worst part is how it ruined Saejima.

I found Saejima really interesting- in the series where "Kiryu never killed anyone" is a meme- Saejima is introduced by mercilessly gunning down 18 men. And he doesn't regret losing 25 years for it, despite having regrets about murdering them.
His speech after fighting Ibrahimovic was a bit cheesy and Florist's test was too obvious.

But then at the end he finds out he actually didn't kill anyone- his guns were loaded with magic KO bullets and a big bad mastermind actually killed them all.

Stupid and contrived setup to make Saejima less original and interesting.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom