Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Ryu Ga Gotoku Studio (Yakuza, Judgment, Binary Domain + more!) Discussion Thread

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I don't know if anyone here actually gives a fuck but
tenor.gif

Last edited:

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Sorry about not mentioning platform (PS3), was more excited than I should. I actually cheered when I saw these news.

Okay, so, quick question:

Is Yakuza 3 & 4 any good?
I enjoyed them. I think that if you liked 1 and 2, you will probably like 3 and 4. However, I must admit that Yakuza 3 needs a fair amount of time before it gets really good. Yakuza 4 is great because you get to play with 4 characters that use different fighting styles. Akiyama was a joy to control. Saejim wasn't as fun in the beginning but once he gets some skills, he'll be a wrecking machine.

5 is supposedly one of the best games in the series.

If only we could get Ishin, game looks great, too and would add to my PS4 library.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Coming this Tuesday.

YAKUZA 0 also getting localized!
Wait, really? I wonder if we'll get Ishin, too. Or maybe even the HD games of 1&2. PS3 would become a Yakuza machine.

I just got a copy of 4, do these games have an overarching story of some kind or can I just jump in whenever?

Martius

Liturgist
All numbered games are direct sequels. I think some of them offer video in main menu about what happened in last games.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Yakuza 5 does not offer summaries. And Yakuza 0 is a prequel.

Btw, this was announced in the press conference SONY is holding right now.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Yakuza 3 when you are remembering things at graves allows video sumaries of Yakuza 1 and Yakuza 2.

Thus you can start with 3.

Adon

Arcane
Coming this Tuesday.

YAKUZA 0 also getting localized!
Wait, really? I wonder if we'll get Ishin, too. Or maybe even the HD games of 1&2. PS3 would become a Yakuza machine.

I just got a copy of 4, do these games have an overarching story of some kind or can I just jump in whenever?

Just an FYI that Yakuza 0 is coming to PS4 and not PS3.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Yeah, that's the case for a lot of cross gen titles from Japan.

It might also release on PC as it said "Console Exclusive".

Siveon

Bot
Oh, I'm aware. Not when I made the comment, but a little after.

Still hoping for the HD releases though. ;_;

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
Yakuza 3 when you are remembering things at graves allows video sumaries of Yakuza 1 and Yakuza 2.

Thus you can start with 3.

I'd start with 2. 1 is unplayable because of the shitty english dub. It does have some nice moments though.

I'd be inclined to say the same, but more because Y2 improved so much of the original, especially those goddamn loading screens everywhere. I would still say play the series chronologically because summaries never do previous games justice and they ARE story-heavy with reoccurring characters. And like you said there are some memorable moments that you'll end up missing by skipping games, like taking Haruka into a soapland establishment saying it's "take your daughter to work" day while you kick ass. Not to mention Y1 and Y2 can be emulated easily so that's not a problem these days.

Siveon

Bot
Yeah, screw it, I'll just play them all. Sucks to hear about the dub though.

Martius

Liturgist

On the other hand... Hopefully first tweet is just some mistake or miscommunication.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
That's image from that other game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom