Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Ryu Ga Gotoku Studio (Yakuza, Judgment, Binary Domain + more!) Discussion Thread

Ivan

Arcane
I stubbornly finished the hunting-related quests in Saejima's part. I wanted to clear it before I moved to the urban/city section. While I didn't completely hate it, I can definitely see this portion of the game being a sore spot for many who play Yakuza 5. Starting off with what I liked, we see Saejima once again getting nursed back to health by a stranger after being injured. He feels indebeted to his savior and thus begins the questline. The game offers narrative weight behind your collecting pelts and such, which works b/c it has that trademark Yakuza humor behind it. The actual shooting and stealth mechanics are barebones. My biggest gripes is the repetitious nature of always starting and navigating the same playspace, and the dead time that's a result of all the interactions (the traps, the reloading, the slow walk speed when first starting). It became laughable the amount of times the story demanded you start your trek over because of story reasons. That said, I will look back on this as a bold diversion. It wasn't nearly as enjoyable as Kiryu's driving storyline, but I commend the attempt at doing something different. I can see how this influenced some of the more original minigames we saw in Yakuza 7 (and hopefully Judgment and 6, haven't played those yet). This has me curious as to what I should expect with the next 3 chracters and if they each have their own full-blown minigame/storyline.

scatterbrained ideas:
-why not have blizzards occur every few minutes to mix things up (maybe block the rader/map so it's easier for the AI to ambush you)
-why start off with FIFTY shells and not have to scavenge

Rean

Head Codexian Weeb
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
The hunting sequence is at its worst when starting out as it repeatedly forces you to keep slogging through without being able to save.
It becomes relatively fun once you get to know the map, upgrade and pick up a few of the better quests. And the village is actually quite interesting.

Alphons

Cipher
Finished Y3 on Legend and got last achievement.

Fucking very hard baseball course and expert rotation!!!
:argh::argh::argh:

Ivan

Arcane
457C07293846F6037DC329E6CA7B6BD92FA71EDE

8D2C55FF5CA8AB3A731787F68BD22485F3B0F5F5

Nirvash

Liturgist
Well, finished zero.

Holy damn, played the last 6ch in one sitting.

QOAt0jG.jpg

I gave up on the stupid real estate but completed the cabaret, cabaret was love.

I never understood how to fight well with kiryu but goro breakdance-fu was crazy broken op, spin to win lol.
Way better than the mad dog "nothing personel kid" style.

Ok ending but i don't really get why goro became so homo for kiryu and why the chick can't just easy track him.

And some dissonance between cutscenes and combat, why so scared about a little gun lol, you can tank 5 shots in combat.
Love the magical auto cleaning/healing clothes.

Nirvash

Liturgist
OK, installing kiwami.

There's something big in zero i can miss? Like, exclusive minigames? I did most of the sidequest.

Nirvash

Liturgist
What the fuck, a fucking hour to make the damn logitech gamepad work, is too hot for this shit.
Worked 100% fine with zero, "not connected" in kiwami.
Tried even the dumbass play/xbox pad emulators, but nothing.

The solution was to disable vibration... :dead:

OK let's start.

Omg i played 4 hours to ch 4

The hell, zero story was mostly about escaping prison and now... lol 10 years, and no one got older even a little bit? How goro even survived 10 years of his crazy.
And now nishihomo is... evil?
Oh god i have to truly learn how to fight using kiryu, bald sumo really kicked my ass.

Well, kiryu got a loli and a doggie so i guess everything got better than expected.

Lol officer goro.

Last edited:

Nirvash

Liturgist
Omg the absolute grind for dragon style in kiwami, real estate was nothing over this majima and old dude padding bullshit.
I fought goro l40 times, i can't take it anymore.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Omg the absolute grind for dragon style in kiwami, real estate was nothing over this majima and old dude padding bullshit.
I fought goro l40 times, i can't take it anymore.
I'd rather fight a thousand Majimas than a single Jingu again.

Reinhardt

Arcane
I'd rather fight Jingu than that another fag with the gun on the roof.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom